Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

idle problems after h22a swap HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Ryu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle problems after h22a swap HELP!

Everything is bolted in and cranking and the car is starting and runing...
but it sounds like the idle part of the engine is up the creek...

My First problem was my P13 (JDM Prelude) ECU is stuffed.. When i connected it the CEL was always on... the engine would start but didnt let me rev past 3000RPM... I tried to get the codes of what could be wrong but it didnt blink at all... so im going to get this replaced

Checking my wiring it all apears to be fine... vacuum hoses apears to be fine... can my idle be screwed if there isnt enough or too much pressure?

I pluged the POC (F22B NON-VTEC ECU) the car starts, the idle problem is still there... but it I CAN rev past 3000RPM... i get CEL and i get some codes...

i sorta cant interpret what the code is but this is how it goes...

........ON....ON.........ON....ON and repeats this ... wtf is this...

i also had a code at one stage... 2 long blinks and 6 quick ones wtf is that?

ive tried a known working map sensor... so i dont think its the MAP.....
HO2 sensor... ive got a spare one... but havent tried changing it.. but i dont think this could be why my idle is not wanting to keep the engine running... when it drops below 1000rpm the engine shakes and the intake sounds like its chokeing... give it more gas the engine sounds ok... otherwise the engine will stall and i have to start the car again....

Test drive the car appears to drive normally, i hear the intake screaming like if its working but i dun feel any torque?

Just a question but i read the Chiltons manual on how to adjust the idle... but is so bloody confusing... you gotta take out the vacuum hose and reset the ecu and adjust the screw? i thought the Idle control unit does this? how do you adjust the idle? can someone explain this to me...

also with the vacuum hose, the solenoid on top of the injectors i removed this and connected the hose straight

thanks for any help...

is there a reason why my radiator fans do not spin when my engine is running but when i turn the car off it starts to go on?

Ive been reading up on the the archive post, it sounds like it could be the IAC solenoid, well bascially my car just stalls and the car will not idle or will idle really bad at really close to stall revs....

Also ive notice the engine overheats as well https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=322913 this is exactly what my car is doing right now... gonna have to check the thermostat...

with the ECT sensor, apparently there is 3 of these on the H22A??
the JDM engine didnt have the one on the upper hose, i took it off the F22 and connected the sensor there, theres also another one at the back connected to the lower hose, ive read somewhere the ECU only takes reading of only ONE ECT Sensor can someone confirm this?

guys with H22a swaps did you have a wire running from the ECU connecting to your radiator fans? cause my P0C ECU didnt have a wire for this...

[Modified by Ryu, 4:08 PM 11/7/2002]
Old 11-07-2002, 09:03 PM

Default Re: idle problems after h22a swap HELP! (Ryu)

yes the not gettin past 3000 is from a bad ecu i had the same problem where that happened and i couldnt check my code
Old 11-08-2002, 06:34 AM
Ryu

Yeah i got a BAD ECU...

The idle problem was because of my EGR solenoid allwowing vacuum to go through... when i run the vacuum hose to intake manifold the car sounds like its suffocates and stalls...

Going to wait till the P13 ECU get replaced so i can test out the EGR solenoid...
otherwise i just looped the vacuum to each other so the car can drive around for now with the P0C ecu cars so slow though...
Old 11-08-2002, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you have a 96 h22 in there? is that right. i was looking at your sig. isnt tha obd2.. what happened with the ecu.. come bad from shop?
Old 11-08-2002, 06:49 AM

i think we have the same damn problems i had the ecu problem b4 i changed it out and i had the erg problems where it stalled if i connected it corretly, i took it to a better person who knew what they were doing and left the car there for a few hours and he changed the vaccum hoses somehow and made the car run great

i duno if you are doing it urself or had a shop do the swap but maybe have another person look at it
Old 11-08-2002, 07:36 AM
Ryu

Default Re: idle problems after h22a swap HELP! (KTeller8)

yeah i got the ECU replaced with a OBDI and that was faulty...
so they are getting me a replacement one now

you have a 96 h22 in there? is that right. i was looking at your sig. isnt tha obd2.. what happened with the ecu.. come bad from shop?
Old 11-08-2002, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i got the ECU replaced with a OBDI and that was faulty...
so they are getting me a replacement one now

but if it was obd2.. you cant just get a obd1 ecu. there are other items that need switching. unless you went and bought an obd2-1 conversion harness. then all you do is plug and play
Old 11-08-2002, 07:51 AM
Ryu

Default Re: idle problems after h22a swap HELP! (KTeller8)

i dont know..
i got the 96 half cut lude......
the coil is internal.. here in Australia the internal coils you can buy...
umm... i dunno what else... but the car is running fine