Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

How to properly jack up 94 Honda Accord and put on jack stands

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to properly jack up 94 Honda Accord and put on jack stands

94 Honda Accord LX 4 cylinder with 5 speed manual transmission

I want to know how to properly raise this car using a hydrallic jack and place it onto jack stands placed under the jack pins under the doors of the car

I looked at an online version of the shop manual on the proper place to use floor jack on my 94 Honda Accord

It is not clear what they are saying, but it indicates what you are telling me about jacking the car using the jacking bracket (tow hooks)

My question is how do you keep the hydrallic jack with a cup top from
slipping off these hooks when you jack up the car???

Also how do you prevent the hook from being bent when using the hydrallic jack and lifting the car by jacking it up at the front or rear hook???
Old 09-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: How to properly jack up 94 Honda Accord and put on jack stands

The "hook" is plenty strong enough. Center front, can't miss the thing and that metal "rod" will hold, again a standard floor jack has the "cup" to hold up the car until you get the stands in.

Standard floor jack, place it under the "center" jack point, jack it up....oh, BTW a brick or something behind the rear tires is a must IMO and yes the e-brake should be on as well.....Once height is enough, put the stands under the "side points", lower jack so car is now resting on those two stands, depending on what you are doing.....I then will jack the jack back up so it makes contact with the center point.....I now have three "points" by which the car is supported. If jacking up the rear, reverse everything....car in reverse gear if manaul trans.

Please don't take this wrong, I also want as much safety while under a car as everyone else.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for your input

Anyone else have experience with jacking up Honda Accord at the tow hooks, please also share your experiences here
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by WingedMan
Anyone else have experience with jacking up Honda Accord at the tow hooks, please also share your experiences here
http://syclone.motocrew.com/CG5/jackpoints.htm
Not a CD but same jack points. I am not too sure what yo mean by jack pins.
Usually install the stands under the frame rails that are inboard of the rockers. I do not use the factory spare jack points as an area to use for jacking or placing on stands. Unless you use a jack/stand that had the same kind of head on it as the spare tire jack, more than likely you will damage the rocker.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the input and the link to pictures on the Honda Accord being lifted by jack at the tow hooks

In the past I have only lifted the front using the cross beam as my jacking point. It was good to see these pictures before changing my way to this method.