Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default family race car

Engine Type:
1993 Honda Prelude 2.2 DOHC VTEC H22a 16 Valve 4 Cylinder

Engine Performance:
Ported and polished head Done by Collectiveracing, Eric's Racing 66MM Throttle Body Web Cam custom cams, Web Cam springs and titanium retainers, polished and modified Intake manifold done by collectiveracing, Bored and stroked bottom end aprox 2.6ltr done by Collectiveracing, SRP pistons, Darton Sleeves, Nitrited and balanced crank, Prodrive oil pump, ARP rod bolts and head studs, Lightened flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch, torsen LSD, RC 440cc injectors, B&M fuel pressure riser, APEXi VAFC,
AEM camgears

Exterior:
Painting by JD (The Man)

Interior:
Momo racing seats, blue and gray interior.

Sound System/Security:
Crimestopper

Wheels/Tires:
SSR integrals/ Kumho tires

3:1

[Modified by 2point6, 6:38 PM 12/27/2001]
Old 12-26-2001, 02:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: family race car (2point6)

Not my style, but it looks ok. Would look alot better if you got rid of the windshield banner and painted the car one color.
Old 12-26-2001, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (Krow)

dont listen to the stunna, thats alotta good work and its less weight then the 5th gen good work man, what are the power numbers, do tell
Old 12-26-2001, 03:17 PM
New User

Default Re: family race car (Krow)

yeah pick a color
Old 12-26-2001, 04:07 PM
mr2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (PsychiatristNET)

is the before picture? plz tell me it is
Old 12-26-2001, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (widebody mr2)

Tough crowd but, thanks for the input. The dyno figures are 208hp/177ftlbs torque untuned. no track times yet.

[Modified by 2point6, 1:41 AM 12/27/2001]
Old 12-26-2001, 04:40 PM

All of you people are out of your DAMN minds. This is a 12 sec capible family car your bad mouthing. Plus the guy built it himself. has less than 2K on and has yet to even be tuned. So before you start bad mouthing someone for something that might just not be your style. Stop and think this car out performs, out handles and looks a lot better than some of your hoop-dees i've seen.

To all that posted positive feedback please ignore and thank you.

also 2.6 you forgot to mention that your 4dr ways as much as some civics.
Old 12-26-2001, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (Ayanami)

All of you people are out of your DAMN minds. This is a 12 sec capible family car your bad mouthing. Plus the guy built it himself. has less than 2K on and has yet to even be tuned. So before you start bad mouthing someone for something that might just not be your style. Stop and think this car out performs, out handles and looks a lot better than some of your hoop-dees i've seen.

To all that posted positive feedback please ignore and thank you.

also 2.6 you forgot to mention that your 4dr ways as much as some civics.
excactly most of the fools here care more bout altezza tail lights and chome 20'z y0 etc..thats some good stuff man, keep up the good work
Old 12-26-2001, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (SOHCkordVTEC)

Good Stuff....I approve.
Old 12-26-2001, 06:30 PM

Default Re: family race car (Mike P.)

I like the two tone, not a lot of people have the same thing. I don't think anyone is talking **** ayanami they are just posting there opinions. To each there own. I know a lot of peeps will say my car looks like a banana on wheels. He he

Engine Type:
1993 Honda Prelude 2.2 DOHC VTEC H22 16 Valve 4 Cylinder
Engine Proformance:
Web Cams, Ported and Polished Head by: Collective Racing, Titanium valve retainers, APEX-i Piggyback Fuel Computer with Integrated VTEC Controller, DC Header, Tenzo Lowering springs, Tenzo Short Ram Air Intake.
Exterior:
Painting done by One Day Paint and Body the quick and easy way! Clear corners, shaved emblems and custom windshield banner.
Interior:
Done by Elvis with some help from Diversified Auto Upholstery (They Rock) and me.
Sound System/Security:
No sound system due to ******** that keep attempting to steal stuff. Nice Security system to keep the ****** away.
Wheels/Tires:
Enkei RS6 17X7 4-100/114 38S, Yokohama 215/40R-17 87H B

Old 12-26-2001, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, awesome car. The lightness, nimbleness, and excellent chassis and suspension of the 4g is just not appreciated enough.
I'd imagine not a comfy daily driver anymore with stripped interior?
Like your car, mine's not much to look at, but I don't give a f**k if it's boring-looking, 'cause it'll tear most cars (and I mean sports cars, not other 4 cylinder family sedans) a new ******* in a strait line or the twisties! All business.
208 WHP eh? **** I'll be happy with an honest 200 to the wheels someday.
Excellent work man!
Old 12-26-2001, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good job on the engine work, but i would recommend painting your whole car just white. just make it look clean, without the banners and stuff. make it look stock as possible.
Old 12-26-2001, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (Razor)

I appreciate the nice comments and the bad also. My car is a fully equipped-ac/ps cc/ full interior functional car. The picture above doesn't do the car justice. besides the banner and the amber corners(I wasn't really sure about those anyway) the car is really clean. I will try to post more pictures you might see what I mean. Or you can come to my Site and check it out there. http://www.collectiveracing.net
Old 12-26-2001, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, it is full interior. I guess it's lighter than some abnormally heavy Civics then.
Old 12-26-2001, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (4doorH22)

in the ghetto, everone drives a riced out accord
Old 12-26-2001, 09:43 PM

Default Re: family race car (Vegeta)

i like ure engine work.. its a pretty good figure.. and 208 hp for an accord is not bad.. heheheheh.. but i do haf to agree with some of the other about the color of the car.. i do like 2 tone.. but not the roof and the trunk 2 tone.. maybe just the hood.. its just different from the others..hehehe.. no offense though... anyways.. hod did u get the momo seats to fit in the car??? i haf a 91 accord and was thinking bout sport seats but then i have the auto set belt thingy.. and couldnt figure it out...anyways.. nice car..
Old 12-27-2001, 01:41 AM
New User

Nice Ride!
Old 12-27-2001, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (Big James)

As a newcomer to honda-tech, I guess I expected more from your guys here in the Accord section. Don't get me wrong, not all of you are unreasonable. Some of you are however are quick to bash anything that comes your way. You must get off on it I guess. Why don't some of you "critics" post pictures of your rides? are you afraid that you may recieve the same criticism? I appreciate some critisism and Opinions, well you know what they say... But to make statement refering to that my Car is "riced out" and "from the ghetto" and the sort, are you guys always like this? If I were to see your cars I might see some good Ideas and some bad but I wouldn't make fun of you. I guess it is just easy to hide behind a screen name and pretend your the king. To those who are open minded, thank you.
Old 12-27-2001, 05:55 AM

lol Dont let the bullies get the best of you. After all this is a message board and people are free to say what they will... I just would take it as honest criticism and that will be the end of it.

My comments: Very nice ride, but it is still untuned, so I cant really comment on whether or not you made the best decisions with your setup. However overboring to a 2.6 liter engine is something that I might be interested in, in the future. Especially since you are making all that power and have yet to use Forced Induction.

Any comments on total cost of all your engine work done so far, excluding the swap cost?? That would really help alot.
Old 12-27-2001, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (Jason kiDD)

bullies LOL
more like stunnaz from my view
either way they are still clowns
Old 12-27-2001, 06:11 AM

Engine Type:
1993 Honda Prelude 2.2 DOHC VTEC H22a 16 Valve 4 Cylinder

Engine Performance:
Ported and polished head Done by Colllectiveracing, Eric's Racing 66MM Throttle Body Web Cam custom cams, Web Cam springs and titanium retainers, polished and modified Intake manifold done by collectiveracing, Bored and stroked bottom end aprox 2.6ltr done by Collectiveracing, SRP pistons, Darton Sleeves, Nitrited and balanced crank, Prodrive oil pump, ARP rod bolts and head studs, Lightened flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch, torsen LSD, RC 440cc injectors, B&M fuel pressure riser, APEXi VAFC,
AEM camgears

Wheels/Tires:
SSR integrals/ Kumho tires

3:1
I don't care if it were purple w/ rainbow stickers with ghetto rasta crown air freshners on the rear deck... that right there is a bad mama jama! Nice car... I'm sure the doubters would not like to meet you at a stoplight.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: family race car (HippoSleek)

2point6 don't worry about the trash, just keep making those fast accords.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:50 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: family race car (Ayanami)

the guy built it himself.
I dont see anything in the description about him building it himself. All I see is that collective racing built it. Enlighten me if I'm wrong please.

Stop and think this car out performs, out handles and looks a lot better than some of your hoop-dees i've seen.
I also dont see anything that will tell me that this car will outhandle a stock Accord. If anything, it weighs more than a stock Accord.

Anywho, I dont really see anyone seriously bad mouthing you buddy. I like your car, and 208 whp with N/A is really impressive. Yes, the color and the corner lights do look a little iffy, and it would like nice with all white and clear corners and bumpers. But I like the car (and the grills) and would love to see more pictures.
Old 12-27-2001, 09:09 AM

Default Re: family race car (Wont be beat)

Where in BK are you located. I am trying to make more friends with Accords in the area. Hit me up when you can, maybe we can link up sometime before nuclear winter sets in.
Old 12-27-2001, 09:10 AM
New User

Default Re: family race car (Wont be beat)

I also dont see anything that will tell me that this car will outhandle a stock Accord. If anything, it weighs more than a stock Accord.
man sometimes you are pretty dense....... read a little bit more before posting such out of line comments please.

i wouldn't go as far as saying it will "outhandle" most Accords on this board. Anyway nice car man. There is a guy in my hometown witha beat to **** old firebifd witha Fuel injected 350 in it that no one can even come close to ******* with.

Quick Reply: family race car