Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

f22a6 head fuel problem.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f22a6 head fuel problem.

i recently swapped my f22b1 head for a f22a6 head with an h23 manifold on it, i put h22 injectors an h series fuel rail. im running the 92 prelude s p12 ecu. the problem is i cant get fuel to go to the fuel rail, i checked the main relay, the fuse for the fuel pump, and the fuel pump was working fine the day i drove the car into the gararge, one of the pistons was missing though and not firing. i need to know what could be wrong? is it the fuel pump? what sensors are associated with fuel delivery? ANY help would be appreciated.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: f22a6 head fuel problem.

A bit more information about your setup would help. Year of the car and what wiring have you changed if any?

How did you check that there is no fuel to the rail? or do you mean that there is no fuel coming from the injectors?

If the fuel pump is working and you are still not getting fuel up to the fuel rail there must be a kink in the fuel line, the fuel return line isn't hooked up, or there is an issue with the fuel pressure regulator.

If it is a problem that your injectors are not firing. It could be an issue with the TDC, CKP or CYP sensors. These are the sensors that deal with the start up fuel delivery and the sequential fuel injection. In this case, what distributor are you using?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
A bit more information about your setup would help. Year of the car and what wiring have you changed if any?

How did you check that there is no fuel to the rail? or do you mean that there is no fuel coming from the injectors?

If the fuel pump is working and you are still not getting fuel up to the fuel rail there must be a kink in the fuel line, the fuel return line isn't hooked up, or there is an issue with the fuel pressure regulator.

If it is a problem that your injectors are not firing. It could be an issue with the TDC, CKP or CYP sensors. These are the sensors that deal with the start up fuel delivery and the sequential fuel injection. In this case, what distributor are you using?
its a 94 accord ex, i only hand to lengthen some sensors to reach the sensors on the manifold. i un did the bolt at the fuel rail a bit and turned the ignition to on. i'ev done this before and now theres no pressure. the pump dosent kick on though, like i cant hear humming from it. the regulator is from my other head, and the return line is hooked up. i only say the fuel pump was working because just prior to the swap i drove the car into the garage lol. but it was mission on one of the cylinders, could this be because of the pump?

also im using the distributor for the head, its a 92 accord internal coil just like the one i had on the b1 head.

Last edited by Jap.Doe; 02-18-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 02-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Make sure that you have the engine wire harness ground (G101) connected to the intake manifold somewhere. It is a three wire connector (IIRC they are BLK, BRN & BRN/BLK wires) located in the loom with the injector wires.

On the F22B1 it was attached to the upper intake manifold plenum on the driver side.

The F22A it is connected to the thermostat housing, however, if you are still using your F22B1 wire harness it probably won't reach the passenger side.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
Make sure that you have the engine wire harness ground (G101) connected to the intake manifold somewhere. It is a three wire connector (IIRC they are BLK, BRN & BRN/BLK wires) located in the loom with the injector wires.

On the F22B1 it was attached to the upper intake manifold plenum on the driver side.

The F22A it is connected to the thermostat housing, however, if you are still using your F22B1 wire harness it probably won't reach the passenger side.
alright i found that, and secured it to the manifold, it was long enough to reach an empty spot.
but still no go, i also replaced my fuel pump today.
you were talking about CYP i think? does that detect if theres a belt?...
Old 02-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's not exactly meant to detect the presence of a belt. It is the cylinder position sensor. It is located in the distributor. If there was no belt and the camshaft was not moving while the crankshaft was, it could throw a code 8. Is your check engine light on?

Easy way to check if your belt is off would be to remove the oil fil cap and have someone turn the engine over. You should see the camshaft start to rotate. if it doesn't then there is an issue with the timing belt or gears.

As for your fuel issue, when you turn the key on engine off do you hear the fuel pump prime?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it didnt detect a belt then would it stop fuel delivery?
No the pump still dosent prime, even after replacing it and placing the ground.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes it would stop fuel delivery from the injectors However, it does not do this buy shutting off the fuel pump. It should still be priming and functioning as per normal.

You need to find out why the (+) 12v power isn't getting to the fuel pump. It could be ether the main relay or an issue with the wires between the pump and relay. You need to trace the source of power.

Do you have a shop manual with wiring diagrams and troubleshooting procedures for your car?

When you try to start the car does the check engine light come on at all? If it does come on does it turn off after 2 seconds?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i have one.