Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

DIY: A/C - Cooling System

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DIY: A/C - Cooling System

I don't see a metal bracket or maybe I'm not looking at the right spot... Can you clarify where under the passenger side the metal bracket is? I took a picture of whats under the glove box.

Do you know where I can access the drain tube from the outside? Is it underneath the vehicle or does it come out on the engine side. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Trial User

have a 95 integra and the ac is not blowing cold now , the condenser fan isn't working and there is no power to the ac clutch . there is power to relays . i put a power probe to the condenser fan and send power to it , comes on for a second and then trips the breaker on the power probe ... any ideas also the radio isnt working ..
Old 06-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Accord problems
Hello all! I'm having an a/c issue. I think it may be
A ecu problem. I thought it might just need to be
Recharged, it was fully charged. I thought it might be low
Because the compressor clutch wouldn't engage. I jumped the
Clutch and it worked. I replaced the relay clutch still wouldn't engage.
So I'm thinking it might be an ecu issue. Any suggestions would be
Greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
I had the same problem, the ac ground in the ecm was burnt up, replaced the ecm and ac started working
Old 07-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome tutorial, one question, i have a problem with the condenser fan, it comes on with the compressor relay, but when i turn the AC on, it shuts off, and i must also add, that the compressor does not engage,
am i looking to a relay issue?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Trial User

I'm troubleshooting my A/C condenser fan too - it wont turn on with the a/c switch. All fuses are good, the condenser relay works fine, the delay switch under the dash seems to be working (I swapped it with another & it all works the same), and I get the fans to work as advertised when I put a jumper in the temp switches (A turns on the rad fan, B turns on both), so I know the condenser fan works. I can also get the fan to turn on by jumping the 2 wires on the condenser relay, so I believe all the wiring is good in the car. The hi/lo pressure switch is brand new, and the compressor works as it should.

I just cant figure out why the fan wont run - some other posts mentioned the ECM; is there any way to check that without swapping out the ECM? is there some other part i'm missing that could be causing the problem? any help is appreciated.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Trial User

Icon4 Re: DIY: A/C - Cooling System

Help guys, I've been having an issue with my A/C. So it blows very cold when it's on but if I hit a bump or have been driving for awhile the green light goes off and the heat from this Hot Central Valley kicks in. Well I just figured out that if I tap on the passenger side of the stereo area near the a/c button, the green light will come back on and my cold air return as well. I'm going to dig into it this weekend but wanted some pointers as to what I might be looking for. Oh BTW, I have a 1995 Honda Prelude Si. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 92 accord and the a/c does not work,does not blow cold. I can turn the fan on and push the ac button on and does nothing. The light comes on but the sound of the motor does not change and the rpms do not change. Tonight after i saw this post i started it and tuned the ac on and checked the fan did not come on. Will try to check the other info/pics from here tomorrow.Think it could be switch a or b or something else? I thought the freon is low thanks