Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

B pipe for Honda Accord 2002

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B pipe for Honda Accord 2002

Hello, guys:

It's my first post. I need to chage pipe b, also known as resonator pipe between the cat and muffler.

I checked on line, there are three options: first one is buy original pipe b such as honda part cheap website, second one is buy walker middle pipe such as www.woodys-auto-supply website, and third one is buy after market intermediate pipe on website www.tasauto.com. All these three kinds are well fit into the original pipe from my investigation. the pipe b from tasauto consist of two parts, and the original one is the whole thing and very long around 2.5 meters.

Right now, it's the hard choice for me which one is best choice for me. This car is a little bit old.

Also, my question is anyone has any experience of changing this pipe?

Thank you so much in advance!

Here are three links:

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/honda...s84-a01-honda/

http://www.woodys-auto-supply.com/au...prod=WAL-49236

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detai...=523105&me=697

Last edited by vincentmtlca; 09-04-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: More detailed information
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Trial User

Default Re: B pipe for Honda Accord 2002

Could you guys propose some suggestions? Thanks!

Originally Posted by vincentmtlca
Hello, guys:

It's my first post. I need to chage pipe b, also known as resonator pipe between the cat and muffler.

I checked on line, there are three options: first one is buy original pipe b such as honda part cheap website, second one is buy walker middle pipe such as www.woodys-auto-supply website, and third one is buy after market intermediate pipe on website www.tasauto.com. All these three kinds are well fit into the original pipe from my investigation. the pipe b from tasauto consist of two parts, and the original one is the whole thing and very long around 2.5 meters.

Right now, it's the hard choice for me which one is best choice for me. This car is a little bit old.

Also, my question is anyone has any experience of changing this pipe?

Thank you so much in advance!

Here are three links:

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/honda...s84-a01-honda/

http://www.woodys-auto-supply.com/au...prod=WAL-49236

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detai...=523105&me=697
Old 09-06-2012, 02:05 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't really know what you're asking. Your car is relatively new. This pipe probably hasn't been changed much by people. I would go with the cheapest one, myself. Don't forget to get the gaskets too.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Trial User

Thank you very much. My question is that Honda factory B pipe is whole one, not separated into two pieces or more. From TASauto, it's two pieces and mechanic should put them together(I'm not quite sure mechanic will use screws or just welding together). Is there any effects for the performance and noise?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by holmesnmanny
I don't really know what you're asking. Your car is relatively new. This pipe probably hasn't been changed much by people. I would go with the cheapest one, myself. Don't forget to get the gaskets too.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Don't really think noise would be that much different, nor would performance.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Trial User

Thank you holmesnmanny. I have changed the b pipe and better than before, but it stll has noisy from the exhaust system (I am not quite sure right now). May be I need to change cat. converter. What's the lifetime of the cat. converter?

Thanks again.

Don't really think noise would be that much different, nor would performance.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:58 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

In CA I believe there is a 5 year mandatory warranty on catalytic converters. However, I think you're asking if it's still good. You have an oxygen sensor that is beyond the catalytic converter that would throw an engine code, telling you the cat is bad if it was indeed bad. What exactly is the noise that you are hearing ? Your exhaust would be more loud if there was a leak somewhere in the exhaust system. You can try to check around and find someone that has a smoke machine to test the system for leaks. The car will need to be cooled down and they will send the smoke through the tailpipe which will come out of the leaking area if it is leaking.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Trial User

Thanks a lot. The noise is something like the exhaust air can't go out of some place smoothly and the sound is dull. I let the mechanic check the exhaust system, and he told me something wrong with cat. converter. Actually, I found some dark charcoal dust around the inner side of exhaust pipe tip. But no oil leak or coolant leak for this car, the most possibility maybe is cat. converter. Also, this car is second-used and lower part of front bumper is broken (just cracked), and I think maybe something also damaged the cat converter a little bit.

Right now, I am not quite sure oxygen sensor is good or not, and should be OK, otherwise check engine light will be on. So I have decided buy a cat. converter, and what about this one:

EVAN FISCHER

In CA I believe there is a 5 year mandatory warranty on catalytic converters. However, I think you're asking if it's still good. You have an oxygen sensor that is beyond the catalytic converter that would throw an engine code, telling you the cat is bad if it was indeed bad. What exactly is the noise that you are hearing ? Your exhaust would be more loud if there was a leak somewhere in the exhaust system. You can try to check around and find someone that has a smoke machine to test the system for leaks. The car will need to be cooled down and they will send the smoke through the tailpipe which will come out of the leaking area if it is leaking.