Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Accord 95 CD player Installation

Old 10-10-2005, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord 95 CD player Installation

Hello,

I recently have bought my first car, which is 95 Honda Accord. My question is that I’m planning on changing the radio/cassette player to a CD player. However, I have no idea how to start and what to look for. Can I do it myself? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you,

Aleksey
Old 10-10-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Accord 95 CD player Installation ($2.50)

you'll need to have the proper dashkit for the cd player... for an auto, pull the top of the shift **** off. undo the screws under the cup holder, and under the panel in the center console. lift and slide the console out. pop the black trim pieces out gently (can't remember if there are any screws that hold it, but i dont think so). be careful not to yank it as your clock is still attached via connector. undo that, etc... your cig lighter will be attached too. my car already came with a cd player installed, but the only thing that held the dash kit in were 2 8mm screws. thats basically the gist....im sure i left out some screws, but be sensable and you wont screw it up too bad.

*edit* do a search for a wiring schematic for your accord. wiring it up isn't difficult. your cd player should have come with some sort of wiring diagram for its end. a voltmeter would be handy if you wanted to triple check everything. youll have to splice into the connector, etc... it isn't hard at all. i would suggest using butt connectors if you're not able to solder. don't do a shitty job either; just go ahead and take your time and do it write
Old 10-10-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Accord 95 CD player Installation (madd)

you do have a screw in the black plastic piece. remove your ashtray, you will see a grey plug and then right above that is a screw that holds it in. As far as wiring you should have some sort of schematic that will come with your new head unit. Just in case you don't main idea is Red=Power, Yellow=constant,Black=ground. those are your main wires. the others are mainly speaker wires. Get a harness that will plug right into your factory harness in the back. That harness will have the wires that you will be attaching to your new cd player. oh yeah and you will have some blue wires too and an orange one. The plain blue wire is for your remote signal (if you have amps), which i don't believe you will need to worry about. The other blue wire is sometimes to your power antennae. And the orange (i believe it is going to be orange) is for your illumination which i wouldn't worry about. It is just like so that when you turn you headlights on it will dim a little bit, but it is never bad anyway so don't worry about that one. So what you will need to do this after you have removed your console and all is a Wiring Harness for a 95 accord, Housing kit which allows it to fit nicely into that space (because most head units aren't as big as factory), about 12 pig tail connectors, and a crimping tool. You may need more connectors depending on if you want to crimp off the wires you aren't using, which i would recommend doing but you don't have to. Hope this helps. Good luck
Old 10-11-2005, 06:11 AM
jb.
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Accord 95 CD player Installation (vteccruiser)

http://installdr.com/ step by step and has pictures
Old 10-11-2005, 07:24 AM

yeahh it's pretty simple if you follow the instructions
Old 10-11-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: (V6StreetHonda)

Thank you guys! I appreciate it.