Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

94 accord interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord interior

i drive 94 accord ex sedan and i was planning on ripping out the hole complete interior and putting in different interior. i was wondering if 2003 accord interior would fit if not im more interested in the dashboard with the center console being installed the seats and everything else would stay the same.Has anyone ever tried doing this before or has thought about it? is this even possible??
Old 02-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 94 accord interior

The problem is the wiring if you want a center console and dash. Like look at it this way, first for example the radio. Lets say you want the stock head unit, you would have to figure out every wire that is from the 2003 accord radio into the 1994 radio harness. That would take a little bit of time and hope that there is enough wires in the harness or you would have to improvise and have to add wires. Then you also would have to take for example the cluster. The 1994 cluster is much different than the 2003 ones. For one there is Xenan (i think that is the word) needles on the 2003 but not the 1994 so that wiring could talk a lot of time with the wiring diagram for each one and once again adding wires. And lastly fitment could be an issue, who knows if the two dashes are even the same size. Having said that, it is possible, but could take a lot of time and probably some money. But, if you want to, and have the time, do not let it stop you, go for it. Just do your research because I know there is more than just the problems above that would arise from this interior "swap".
Old 02-08-2009, 12:37 AM

try it out and let me know if it fit!
Old 02-08-2009, 03:46 AM

yeah i am sure it is possible, like tama said tho it would take alot of time research and money. Idk if you ever have taken out a dash or interior but its not easy. i was going to do it to have a black interior but i found a better solution good luck if you decide to do it.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:23 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I never really understand these posts.

Park your Accord next to a new one and just look at the size differences for starters. New one is wider, taller and longer. Then look at the shapes of the doors and what not, they are not the same. One guy came in here swearing up and down a TSX interior would fit his car and I told him there is no way. Guess who spent tons of money on door panels to find out he was wrong?

If you want that year Accord interior, then buy that year Accord. You may try to come back with "oh yeah? well an integra interior fits a civic" or something like that. Well that one works because they're damn cookie cutter images of each other. Old Accord vs New Accord are completely different.

Door supports are different, mounting locations are different. Wiring is WAYYYYY different, etc.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:13 AM

god damn, if i ever have a question on anything with my car is it cool if i just pm you muffinman. It will save me the hastle of posting a thread. lol
Old 02-08-2009, 08:17 PM
He knows where you live!

Hahah, I get enough PM's about finding info about people I don't need another.

It's gravy though, Seats are about the limit in terms of swapping, and mainly the fronts. Accord don't get much shared platform stuff like the Civic/Integra.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
I never really understand these posts.

Park your Accord next to a new one and just look at the size differences for starters. New one is wider, taller and longer. Then look at the shapes of the doors and what not, they are not the same. One guy came in here swearing up and down a TSX interior would fit his car and I told him there is no way. Guess who spent tons of money on door panels to find out he was wrong?

If you want that year Accord interior, then buy that year Accord. You may try to come back with "oh yeah? well an integra interior fits a civic" or something like that. Well that one works because they're damn cookie cutter images of each other. Old Accord vs New Accord are completely different.

Door supports are different, mounting locations are different. Wiring is WAYYYYY different, etc.
I feel ya on that one fella... haha
Old 02-09-2009, 02:37 PM

i really hate to stir the pot but whats the big deal on bashing the guy for wanting to put some pieces of the interior from another car into his? maybe he don't mind the extra work, or maybe he just don't care about what you think( although he prolly does since he asked lol) but really give him a break.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never bashed the guy, I told him all the problems involved, but told him if he really wanted to, he could go after it
Old 02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
He knows where you live!

Originally Posted by manual123
i really hate to stir the pot but whats the big deal on bashing the guy for wanting to put some pieces of the interior from another car into his? maybe he don't mind the extra work, or maybe he just don't care about what you think( although he prolly does since he asked lol) but really give him a break.
Quite obviously not that much thought had been put into it. It's like making a post "Can I put a square block through a round hole" You're asking to put a much larger vehicle's interior into a smaller interior. A much newer vehicle's interior into an older one, etc. There was not thought beyond "oh boy this would be cool" The amount of time/effort/money to do it is not worth the results which would never be close to "OEM".
Old 02-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cl seats should work for the front, and the back too if its a coupe