Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

92 Accord EX security system wiring diagram needed ASAP

Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Accord EX security system wiring diagram needed ASAP

I have searched for two days.It seems that Honda considered their security systems a separate system.I can't find a factory wiring diagram or aftermarket wiring diagram for the security system.I removed an add on security system.That was piggy backed on the factory system.I have no original key or key fob for the car.Now that i have everything in a condition to test,the factory security system has disabled the starter.I've checked all the fuses,relays,and switches.It all traces back to the factory security system.I desperately need a wiring diagram so I can remove the security system.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 Accord EX security system wiring diagram needed ASAP

The OEM security system is designed to be plug and play into the factory wiring harness. You should just be able to disconnect it and reconnect the original connectors together and it should function as it did originally without the keyless entry installed.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JarrettL
The OEM security system is designed to be plug and play into the factory wiring harness. You should just be able to disconnect it and reconnect the original connectors together and it should function as it did originally without the keyless entry installed.
That's what I was thinking,but there must be a harness removed for the alarm harness.There's nothing to plug into once the alarm harness is removed and nothing in the car works afterwards.Well,none of the lights,locks,or starting system.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Global Moderator

Received 419 Likes on 389 Posts

The factory security alarm is not the same as a Honda add-on accessory alarm. If the factory alarm is malfunctioning, you could probably just turn off the security system or disconnect the harness for the security control unit (located under the driver’s seat); but, since the security system is tied into the car’s starting system, you’ll need to bypass the starter cut relay. The starter cut relay is part of the starting system on a 92 Accord.

For a manual transmission, the starter cut relay provides power to the starter relay, and then to the starter solenoid.

You would locate the starter cut relay (which is below the left side of the dash) and unplug the starter cut relay. At the disconnected connector plug for the relay, you can just use a jumper between the number 2 and 4 cavity/pins for the Blk/Wht wires; or splice the two Blk/Wht wires together at the connector.

The small lights and power door locks should be able to function without the factory security system. For them to not work afterward, may be due to some wiring other than the harness for the factory security control unit being disconnected. It may have to do with the aftermarket alarm and some other wiring disconnected.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon2 Re: 92 Accord EX security system wiring diagram needed ASAP

Originally Posted by tech8
The factory security alarm is not the same as a Honda add-on accessory alarm. If the factory alarm is malfunctioning, you could probably just turn off the security system or disconnect the harness for the security control unit (located under the driver’s seat); but, since the security system is tied into the car’s starting system, you’ll need to bypass the starter cut relay. The starter cut relay is part of the starting system on a 92 Accord.

For a manual transmission, the starter cut relay provides power to the starter relay, and then to the starter solenoid.

You would locate the starter cut relay (which is below the left side of the dash) and unplug the starter cut relay. At the disconnected connector plug for the relay, you can just use a jumper between the number 2 and 4 cavity/pins for the Blk/Wht wires; or splice the two Blk/Wht wires together at the connector.

The small lights and power door locks should be able to function without the factory security system. For them to not work afterward, may be due to some wiring other than the harness for the factory security control unit being disconnected. It may have to do with the aftermarket alarm and some other wiring disconnected.
At first I thought this car had an add on Honda security alarm.After reading your post.I know this is not an add on but a factory installed unit.The control box is under the seat.Something is going on with it.I will jump the starter cut out relay as suggested.

My other problem is the alarm relay for the hazard and head lights.When I turn the key on engine off or key on engine running,the relay freaks out and goes into a rapid on off on off mode.The hazard lights don't have time to react to the relay but the bright lights stay on and the dimmer switch does nothing but flicker the dim lights when trying to use the dimmer switch.When the car is shut down and key off,the headlights shut down.When I get the dash back in next week,I will try pulling the relay for the lights and see what happens.I know when I disconnect that part of the wiring harness,I loose my headlights and driving/park lights.I didn't try the hazard light switch.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The Honda OEM security system looks like this:

Is this what you have under your seat?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JarrettL
The Honda OEM security system looks like this:

Is this what you have under your seat?
Exactly what I have under my drivers seat.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am still trying to repair this F***ing thing.The relay I referenced above,that is going off rapid fire style,is part of the factory alarm.I bought a factory Honda service manual specificly for my car and 10 months later I am still no closer to getting it running again.I can't beleieve Honda never put out a wiring diagram for the factory alarm system.If someone made me a reasonable off,I would hand over the keys and title.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Global Moderator

Old 10-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OK what about the relay that keeps going crazy that is supposed to control the flashers?If I disconnect it,I have no emergency flashers.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Global Moderator

Here are two things you can try to see if it works:

1. Insert the key in the ignition, turn the ignition ON and pull the (or push, depending on the switch) disarm switch (under the left side of the instrument panel).
2. Locate the in-line fuse holder (taped to harness, behind left side of dash) that runs along a white wire to the security control unit, and pull the 5A fuse.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The switch panel seems to have no control over the alarm system.I have checked the wiring and it's all plugged in with no splicing or broken bare wires.It seems that the alarm also controls my electric door locks because I don't have a control box for them per the service manual's stated location.Also,no disconnected connectors as if the control box was removed.Most of the random boxes under the dash have no identifying numbers on them.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Global Moderator

Did you look behind the driver's door panel for the power door lock control unit? The circuit diagrams seems to show it will have it, even with the factory security system.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will check.I need to replace that door handle and recover the door panel.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tie the black wires with white strip together.

Can I remove this fuse to completely disabled the alarm system?

LED is missing.Don't know if it matters.

Can I just remove this valet switch panel?

Does anyone know what the deal is with this flasher relay?It's the one that goes crazy everytime I turn the key on.Can I just remove the relay?
Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Global Moderator

1. Insert the key in the ignition, turn the ignition ON and pull the disarm switch. If things function okay (for example, light don't keep flashing like the alarm is going off), then I may leave the disarm switch there.

2. If the previous step works, it is up to you whether you want to pull the 5A in-line fuse for the security system. If the previous step doesn't work, pull the fuse to see if the flasher stops; it should.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. Insert the key in the ignition, turn the ignition ON and pull the disarm switch. If things function okay (for example, light don't keep flashing like the alarm is going off), then I may leave the disarm switch there.

2. If the previous step works, it is up to you whether you want to pull the 5A in-line fuse for the security system. If the previous step doesn't work, pull the fuse to see if the flasher stops; it should.
Excellent.Thanks.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tech8,thanks for all the help.It has taken me awhile to get the wiring modified and sorted out.Nothing under the dash is where it is supposed to be mounted,so it was a pain even using the factory Honda service manual.Today,I took a few minutes to check over the wiring, I finished up last week.I use my Cavalier to jump start the Accord.IT'S ALIVE! I have to give props to my 11 year old son.He caught my boo boo before I blew up a battery.I was in a hurry and accidentally connected the ground to my Cavalier positive battery post.The other cable wasn't connected.He quickly told me,"Dad,black goes on black."I'm glad he pays attention when I'm not.I learned a few lessons on that one today.

Now that I know the car will start and run,it's on to all the other little piddly things that need to be fixed.I'll be making more posts soon.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Global Moderator

Good to hear and props to your son.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good to hear and props to your son.
Thanks.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

For the record, here's the wiring diagrams from a '93 Civic Security System. Many Hondas of the 92-93 vintage used the same security system, so many aspects will be the same. I have annotated the diagrams, noting errors that occurred in what was printed vs. the actual connectors and wiring used in the system.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks.Tech8 helped me get everything sorted out.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I forgot to update this.I got the car running and everything seems to be fine.I can verify that a CB7 will run with the dash out of the car.I don't recommend it,except for a test start.I haven't been able to finish installing the dash and test driving it.This car needs a good bit of work.Nothing major.Just those little things have cropped up from the previous owner ignoring them.I am resealing my air box for the heat and A/C.I hope to have the car on the road by late march and up for sale then.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the car finished up and driving today.I have no turn signals since disabling the factory alarm and removing the add on alarm.I have a service manual specific to my car and traced the wiring.I can not find anything to stop the signals from working.I do have the hazard light switch out,maybe that is the problem.

Also,I installed something wrong in the SRS system around the steering colum.When I drove the car,the steering wheel locked to the right.I had no other choice but to break whatever locked the steering wheel.The SRS light is now on.I'll deal with that later.I just hope I don't get a face full of air bag.

I also got the heater blower motor wires wrong when I replaced the motor.I still only have two speeds,really low and low.

I hate being a mechanic.I did it far to many years, and I have never been good at it.It's still cheaper to do the work 5 times than to send it to a shop here.

If I ever get this car to a point that I feel safe selling it,I won't own another Honda.

Oh yeah.I have other problems that I am about to make new posts on.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks everyone for the help.Here's an updated post. https://honda-tech.com/honda-accord-...-work-3251533/