Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Disable auto lamp!

Old 08-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable auto lamp!

Hi, I am a HID reseller. When I install HID kits for some car ( any model with DRLs or Auto Lamp ), the orginal red (hot) wire doesn't generate enough power to the HID kits. The HID kits start flashing like dancing in Level 3 (Club in Hollywood), instead I am in my own garage. As soon as you turn the light on it will be fine. So what cause that problem???

After I spend half month going though so many web-stie, then I found out why....

Auto Lamp - it is for some lazy people who always forgot to turn the head light on, so Toyota put in this device to make lazy people even more lazier. Start the engine but didn't turn on the head light, but when you shift to Drive or Shift to 1st gear ( some manual car ) the car start moving **BLINK** the head light turn on. It doesn't even need you to turn the head light switch.

PROBLEMSSSSS!!!
If you are going to install HID kits, what you must do first is to disable the device making you LAZY. Because it doesn't have enought power to push the HID light. Here is one of the link I found it will be very helpful for every car owner:
http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=2
Before you start to work under your car's streeing wheel, you will need some tools -
A really good cross screw driver, your very fexible hands, arms and legs and a cool and stable mind ( for you to cut the right wire ).

Hopefully it will help so many Matrix's owner.

One last thing, how do you know you did disable the DRL??? When you start the car, ***Blink*** the head light turn on right away. Then Bingo you did the right thing. Still sometime when I install HID kits into Matrix, I still don't got enough power to push HID kits ( just sometime ). So I put in a relay and redirect a hot wire directly from the battary. ***Blink Blink***