Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

ECU & Wiring Help W/ F22B1 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU & Wiring Help W/ F22B1 Conversion

What ECU do i need for a conversion to an 1997 honda accord wagon auto ex(vtec) also when the head and vtec solenoid gets here what do i wire and what do i have to get? What stays stock? Do i still use the lx distributer instead of the ex, what needs changed for this swap and what can stay? If someone could make it simple.. could someone make me a parts list, wiring info, etc.. I am rebuilding the motor when i proceed with this.. the car also has a few codes.. Random Cylinder misfire code, a code for a misfire for cylinders (2,3,4), Evaporative Emission Pressure sensor switch along with the other stating ‘high’. To be honest i don’t even know where to start, im not looking for performance as i’m just trying to make the car have amazing audio which i’ve done before with other vehicles. Someone please help!
Old 10-10-2022, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Re: ECU & Wiring Help W/ F22B1 Conversion

buy this on eBay

there is a 1997 Accord factory service manual on eBay right now for $40. buy this before you give this project any more thought. this is where you start. it will have answers for most of the questions you have and some you don't even know to ask yet.

I have one of these for every Honda/Acura I have owned. they have all paid for themselves and more.

something you may run into though is the difference in transmissions since IIRC you're sticking with the auto. the wagon (and 1st gen odyssey) had lower final drive ratios to help move the mass more easily.

I'm pretty sure the B1 will bolt up to that transmission, but the question to answer- are the TCU and ECU separate or integrated on your '97? If integrated, will the stock B1 ECU work with your transmission? the FSM should answer that for you.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:02 AM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

I already answered this question in your previously posted thread. I also pointed you in the direction of a write-up that has all the information you're looking for.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aradin
I already answered this question in your previously posted thread. I also pointed you in the direction of a write-up that has all the information you're looking for.
I messed around with that website for a few hours to try and find it, maybe i was at the wrong time stamp but i have no clue, if you could take a screenshot of it and show me that would be great, i know i’m being difficult, i just have lots of questions..