Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

02 accord f23a4 to h23a vtec wireing help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 accord f23a4 to h23a vtec wireing help please

hi so im in the middle of a swap from an f23a4 to a jdm h23a and i need help figuring out a few things with the ecu, wireing, and what other problems im going to once i get it started
so heres my specs: car is obd2b, and im useing the f23 wire harness, jdm pcb ecu which is also obd2b

my first question is the h23 does not have a vtec oil pressure switch and my f23 did and ive been hearing that if i dont get one or bypass it i wont have vtec. is this true? and if so what do i do.

second the h23 has an iab the f23 does not so there is no wire in the harness for the solenoid on the vacuum reservoir.

third the iac wiring and hose routing? any advice would be cool

and fourth theres a sensor on the side of the motor under the distributor that only has 1 wire and idk what it what it does and the f23 did not have it

now the pcb ecu i could not get a straight answer on google does it have an immobilizer?

so thats what im stuck on right now and help with this or anything else is greatly appreciated

obviously i googled all this and cant get a straight answer thank you
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 02 accord f23a4 to h23a vtec wireing help please

See if your vtec pressure switch will swap over.

You will need to get a vacuum diagram and just match everything up. You will need to run an iab wire kit from the ecu to your engine. You can do an internet search for "axidworks"..he sells kits.

That wire could be for the vtec pressure switch. Can you take a picture ?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok thanks for the help right now I cant post a picture of the sensor but it uses a yellow/green wire and it next to a 2 wire sensor that hooked right up with my harness
Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Trial User

Did you finalize your engine swap?
I have a 2002 Accord - 2.3L F23A4 ULEV - Automatic and am looking to swap with a H23A. Would like to use my transmission, wiring harness. Would like to use H23A ECU and am unclear as to wiring.
Can I use my harness with H23A ECU?
Will H23A ECU plug into my harness or do I modify?
What is the best ECU to use?
Can my ECU be reprogrammed?
Are there any transmission differences?
If I use my harness what other sensors do I transfer?
Would it be better to user a H232A harness and ECU?
Thanks!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by acaliguy
my first question is the h23 does not have a vtec oil pressure switch and my f23 did and ive been hearing that if i dont get one or bypass it i wont have vtec. is this true? and if so what do i do.
If you're running the JDM ECU, VTEC will still work because JDM motors don't come with VTEC pressure switch. Now if you switched over to a chipped ECU, it will look for it. Just swap over the one from your F23. Remove the bolt that is in place of it on the JDM H23A VTEC. It'll screw right in.

second the h23 has an iab the f23 does not so there is no wire in the harness for the solenoid on the vacuum reservoir.
You can hook it up by vacuum and throw away the black box bolted underneath the IM. Less wiring headaches. I did it to my H22A, ran strong.

third the iac wiring and hose routing? any advice would be cool
I've never done the 3-wire Accord before, so I don't know. It should plug into the H23's IACV cause that one's also a 3-wire IACV. Otherwise, search.

and fourth theres a sensor on the side of the motor under the distributor that only has 1 wire and idk what it what it does and the f23 did not have it
That I assume would be your temp gauge sender; since, it's only a single wire.

now the pcb ecu i could not get a straight answer on google does it have an immobilizer?
One way to find out. Plug it in and see.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RR-Ataman
Did you finalize your engine swap?
I have a 2002 Accord - 2.3L F23A4 ULEV - Automatic and am looking to swap with a H23A. Would like to use my transmission, wiring harness. Would like to use H23A ECU and am unclear as to wiring.
Can I use my harness with H23A ECU?
Will H23A ECU plug into my harness or do I modify?
What is the best ECU to use?
Can my ECU be reprogrammed?
Are there any transmission differences?
If I use my harness what other sensors do I transfer?
Would it be better to user a H232A harness and ECU?
Thanks!
Hey so heres what ive figured out use your f23 harness and an automatic prelude ecu if you are running an auto trans then just cut and extend wires to alt and then extend wires from the f23 oil pumps ckp and other sensor to the the distributor also I didnt even modify my driver side mount. For power steering cut and extend high side hose and use accord pump as for the bracket find a h22/23 pump mount, bolts, and tensioner. And now the trans bolts right up and then just use accord axels
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nus_dogg
If you're running the JDM ECU, VTEC will still work because JDM motors don't come with VTEC pressure switch. Now if you switched over to a chipped ECU, it will look for it. Just swap over the one from your F23. Remove the bolt that is in place of it on the JDM H23A VTEC. It'll screw right in.

You can hook it up by vacuum and throw away the black box bolted underneath the IM. Less wiring headaches. I did it to my H22A, ran strong.

I've never done the 3-wire Accord before, so I don't know. It should plug into the H23's IACV cause that one's also a 3-wire IACV. Otherwise, search.

That I assume would be your temp gauge sender; since, it's only a single wire.

One way to find out. Plug it in and see.
Thank you for your input ive figured everything out except the temp guage dosent work and the pcb ecu is throwing a code for the o2 sensor but other than that it all works