Notices
Hawaii & Asia-Pacific Hawaiian / Pacific Islands

Aloha Airlines Passenger Service Stops

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Aloha Airlines Passenger Service Stops

Now that Hawaii only has two major interisland carriers, what do you think will result from this?

I think flights will be much fuller (of course), reservations must be made longer in advance. Prices might go up since there is one less company to compete with.

I feel sorry for most of Aloha's employees. It's too bad I will need to fly into LAX instead of Orange County's John Wayne (SNA) directly when I visit back home.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Aloha Airlines Passenger Service Stops (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now that Hawaii only has two major interisland carriers, what do you think will result from this?

I think flights will be much fuller (of course), reservations must be made longer in advance. Prices might go up since there is one less company to compete with.

I feel sorry for most of Aloha's employees. It's too bad I will need to fly into LAX instead of Orange County's John Wayne (SNA) directly when I visit back home.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Aloha airlines never got a fair shake after the plane went convertible 20 years ago. They been in and out of bankruptcy several times. They tired.

These images are still in many people's minds. I hope this does not discourage anyone from flying. I like to believe (know) the inspections on old 737s are much tighter now. What is amazing was the plane was still able to fly, and land safely. Only one flight attendant was lost. I heard what happened to her when it shortly happened, which I don't wish to post. But it was different from what they showed in the made-for-TV-movie. That's not how she should be remembered.

What was a big question mark for many years was when there was a boom in tourism, Hawaiian Air made money. Aloha would loose money. So it could simply be management. And lack of management's vision. Hawaiian Air expanded to the mainland and south pacific. Aloha was always two steps behind.

We will surely see prices of interisland travel go up. Hawaiian Air can always blame it on fuel cost, etc, etc. I'm not sure about mainland travel because there is still competition to keep it low. Plus the travel packages always help when someone else is subsidizing it.

With that we say Aloha to Aloha.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liberty House, GEM, Aloha Motors, Schumann Carriage, Wisteria, American Security Bank and the list goes on. This is economic Darwinism, survival of the fittest, a sad but hard reality.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Old Member

Default Re: (mister x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mister x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Liberty House, GEM, Aloha Motors, Schumann Carriage, Wisteria, American Security Bank and the list goes on. This is economic Darwinism, survival of the fittest, a sad but hard reality.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also HonFed savings bank.

"Aloha Motors" How old are you??? Our first family car was from Aloha Motors. I was 8 years old. Our brand new Chevy was $3,995.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (GoLowDrew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoLowDrew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..."Aloha Motors" How old are you???...</TD></TR></TABLE>

See my avatar? That's me. Shoot me a shaka if you see me driving, usually top down in the S2K.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Old Member

Default Re: (mister x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mister x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

See my avatar? That's me. Shoot me a shaka if you see me driving, usually top down in the S2K.</TD></TR></TABLE>

See my avatar, that's not me. Don't shoot me a shaka because I stay on the mainland. I wish we could go back to Hawaii . We do plan to get a S2000 next year.

Back on Topic.

Here is a good history on Aloha Airlines.
http://starbulletin.com/2008/0....html