Notices
Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

****Spoon Thread****

Old 11-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not trying to be a hater, but why do 'performance' companies like spoon and mugen make such pointless parts.. radiator hoses and caps? a radiator mounting bracket? Seems like now that they have an established name they're just producing ANYTHING they can, and people still buy it. And dont get me wrong, they make a lot of good parts, but some of them have me wondering..
Old 11-08-2006, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (7andaswitchblade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 7andaswitchblade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not trying to be a hater, but why do 'performance' companies like spoon and mugen make such pointless parts.. radiator hoses and caps? a radiator mounting bracket? Seems like now that they have an established name they're just producing ANYTHING they can, and people still buy it. And dont get me wrong, they make a lot of good parts, but some of them have me wondering.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

As opposed to all the quality parts that APC has in its inventory right?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 7andaswitchblade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not trying to be a hater, but why do 'performance' companies like spoon and mugen make such pointless parts.. radiator hoses and caps? a radiator mounting bracket? Seems like now that they have an established name they're just producing ANYTHING they can, and people still buy it. And dont get me wrong, they make a lot of good parts, but some of them have me wondering.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Radiator caps that increase pressure and radiator hoses that don't flex (thus increaing the pressure more) improve cooling capabilities. Learn thermodynamics guy.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Fabfive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fabfive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As opposed to all the quality parts that APC has in its inventory right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

who said anything about APC? a little defensive there huh? don't be mad at me because you spent $400 to increase the thermodynamics of your car.

and i dont really think that a slight increase in pressure in your cooling system is really going to change anything..
Old 11-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 7andaswitchblade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

who said anything about APC? a little defensive there huh? don't be mad at me because you spent $400 to increase the thermodynamics of your car.

and i dont really think that a slight increase in pressure in your cooling system is really going to change anything.. </TD></TR></TABLE>
every little bit helps, i agree, slightly overprice, but if you know anything about HT you probably would have noticed someone like yourself always has to chime in about costs ans pointlessness of an item. people wanna pay to play, great, let them do so. cheap asses
Old 11-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 7andaswitchblade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and i dont really think that a slight increase in pressure in your cooling system is really going to change anything.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Whos being defensive, I used APC as an example. And who said I spend $400 to increase the thermodynamics in my car? I didnt know Spoon rad caps cost $400..

I love how your assumptions make you look like a jackass.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a lot of those parts like that (radiator caps, stays, spark plug wires, radiator hoses) are for people who are rebuilding an engine, doing a new swap, etc..

The mindset is something like "well OEM costs $x much.. I might as well just spend a little more and get something from Spoon or Mugen that's better". I certainly wouldn't replace my perfectly good OEM hoses with Spoon hoses, for example.. but maybe if one was damaged and I needed a replacement, I would probably look at them.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zoops)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zoops &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think a lot of those parts like that (radiator caps, stays, spark plug wires, radiator hoses) are for people who are rebuilding an engine, doing a new swap, etc..

The mindset is something like "well OEM costs $x much.. I might as well just spend a little more and get something from Spoon or Mugen that's better". I certainly wouldn't replace my perfectly good OEM hoses with Spoon hoses, for example.. but maybe if one was damaged and I needed a replacement, I would probably look at them.</TD></TR></TABLE>
very true, or if youre building your car to win shows and run that much better
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

rolling 2 deep....

how about rolling 3 deep.....

no window shoppers

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1370426
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****Spoon Thread**** (rino924)

Love it or hate it....my homies Spoon'ed out S2K. I think there is about 25 Spoon parts on there.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:18 AM

mymeatb18

Default Re: (Mr.OB*GYN_Rhett)

My obd0 spoon ecu w/ vtec controller which is for sale by the way

For Sale thread:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1769202
Old 11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Streets closed Pizzagate boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.OB*GYN_Rhett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
every little bit helps, i agree, slightly overprice, but if you know anything about HT you probably would have noticed someone like yourself always has to chime in about costs ans pointlessness of an item. people wanna pay to play, great, let them do so. cheap asses </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've owned one thing from spoon. The duracon shift ****. When i opened the package to discover a sticker needed to be put ontop of the ****, i lost all sense of quality in Spoon's products Skunk2 makes better ***** for christ sake. Whats funny is most of the people who buy spoon products don't do **** with their cars other than take it to shows, and post on HT for the JDM fanboys to sack swing over.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DC4Dan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC4Dan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've owned one thing from spoon. The duracon shift ****. When i opened the package to discover a sticker needed to be put ontop of the ****, i lost all sense of quality in Spoon's products Skunk2 makes better ***** for christ sake. Whats funny is most of the people who buy spoon products don't do **** with their cars other than take it to shows, and post on HT for the JDM fanboys to sack swing over. </TD></TR></TABLE>
haha i guess i see your point, it is more oem'sih to engrave a shift pattern, i do not however feel that a product is of less quality because a sticker must be applied. true, like most, "jdm" parts that are overpriced, thye are not used. thats pretty evident and noone really denies and i already simply stated that most are used for winning shows. I do on the other hand know a couple buddies of mine that USE their "hella rare jdm" parts on the track, HARD
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Streets closed Pizzagate boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.OB*GYN_Rhett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
haha i guess i see your point, it is more oem'sih to engrave a shift pattern, i do not however feel that a product is of less quality because a sticker must be applied. true, like most, "jdm" parts that are overpriced, thye are not used. thats pretty evident and noone really denies and i already simply stated that most are used for winning shows. I do on the other hand know a couple buddies of mine that USE their "hella rare jdm" parts on the track, HARD </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are they spoon parts? Or another JDM company that actually help in some way. That bullshit about thermodynamics with Spoon Radiator Hoses made me laugh.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i love spoon haha

my spoon parts well be here this winter
Old 11-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Santys EK)

15" spoon sw388's

the only thing spoon I own
Old 11-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC4Dan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are they spoon parts? Or another JDM company that actually help in some way. That bullshit about thermodynamics with Spoon Radiator Hoses made me laugh. </TD></TR></TABLE>
yes actually, spoon cams, wheels, bars, etc, soo much of it, and parts other than spoon, yes. i can show you their SN's and you can chat with them mister. yeah in all seriousness, its probably actually a valid statement about thermodynamics, hell idk. my point is they are in no way pointless, again thats a opinion for some of the parts.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha i guess i see your point, it is more oem'sih to engrave a shift pattern, i do not however feel that a product is of less quality because a sticker must be applied. true, like most, "jdm" parts that are overpriced, thye are not used. thats pretty evident and noone really denies and i already simply stated that most are used for winning shows. I do on the other hand know a couple buddies of mine that USE their "hella rare jdm" parts on the track, HARD </TD></TR></TABLE>

on the track? Like this?

Old 11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Fabfive)

there you go bud DC4Dan is on drugs, literally. Dan you cant smoke dope and try to lose weight
Old 11-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 7andaswitchblade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't be mad at me because you spent $400 to increase the thermodynamics of your car.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No mention of price was ever discussed, you simply stated that you felt they were useless parts which they are not. The same result can be had for around $150 or less using samco hoses and a higher rated cap from autozone.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC4Dan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've owned one thing from spoon. The duracon shift ****. When i opened the package to discover a sticker needed to be put ontop of the ****, i lost all sense of quality in Spoon's products. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Okay so first thing's first, since a "sticker needed to be put ontop of the ****" that means it's not a good part? A shitton of parts need stickers put on them, hell even a lot of stock parts do. An ITR strut bar needs a sticker to be put on it, does that mean it's crap? Same goes for a mugen intake. I'm amazed that you weren't impressed that you got a duracon shiftknob for such a cheap price, I can't think of another duracon shiftknob in existance, the next closest thing would be a delrin **** which is more than twice the price and doesn't have the unique characteristics of the duricon **** (i.e. the duricon **** doesn't heat up or cool down like a metal ****). It might not mean much to you but here in AZ when it's 115 degrees outside your metal **** gets to be around 160 degrees, whereas the duricon **** stays around 85-90.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC4Dan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That bullshit about thermodynamics with Spoon Radiator Hoses made me laugh. </TD></TR></TABLE>

more pressure=higher boiling point. It's thermodynamics, a scientific law is not bullshit.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Koolaid_Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Koolaid_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">15" spoon sw388's </TD></TR></TABLE>

sick civic.. where at in va are you?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****Spoon Thread**** (NA JDM GSR)

Old 11-08-2006, 10:34 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: ****Spoon Thread**** (skunkcoupe)

dc4dan . whats the difference with somebody who buys spoon products and doesnt race with somebody who buys skunk2 products and doesnt race????
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Re: (mugenej8power)

wo0ot wo0o0t!!! heres my chance!!!

Old 11-08-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: (ninjaek20)

i'm a little off track but heres these

MR. SPOON!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ****Spoon Thread****