Here's a start to finish garage remodel. It was my girlfriend's parent's garage. It started as your typical cluttered garage with lots of open shelving. There was also no drywall for all walls not in contact with the home. No ceiling either.
EDIT: Did everything myself except for the concrete pad and spackling the drywall. I'm terrible at plastering it smooth and I have no idea how people do it so well. I hired a local guy to do it for me and he charged like $200 for it all. Whatever. I hate spackling!
Sadly I don't have too much of the before pics.
Ceiling area. As you can see there aren't full size ceiling joists. They are basic trusses to support the roof structure. I was a little concerned about doing too much with this due to the weight of plywood and drywall.
It was hard to put a larger beam to distribute the load down since the angle of the roof would need to cut into this beam.
There were also two vents that lead directly to the outside.
Lots of clutter up there too.
Then you have the garage floor. I thought I could patch it up with filler and epoxy over that, but after some research it seems like it was delaminating. It continued to dust even after multiple sweepings and cleanings. Called a few concrete guys over and they said it would need to be replaced. Was about $3900 or so.
Larger view of the garage in the before state. You can see how all the exposed shelving makes it look quite messy.
Couldn't find a picture of the un-epoxied new concrete but I'll edit if I find any.
Here is the finished ceiling. Bought two fluorescent lights and wired them into an existing socket in the attic. The amount of light available compared to the single bulb (from the garage door opener) is amazing. Used lightweight drywall and 1/4" plywood. I put some lightweight stuff in the "attic" but I made sure to put it all toward the sides where the load could be distributed down easier. Mostly just seasonal stuff.
Got a bunch of Gladiator Garageworks cabinets to hide all the clutter. This took many many weeks since it was hard to go through everything and figure out what to throw out, donate, or keep. Keep in mind that her parents lived here for 30+ years so it was hard for them to let go of stuff. Still some organizing left to do. We were able to remove one cabinet (and bring it to my gf's place). And last weekend, we emptied another one.
I started to price out a tankless water heater, but since theirs was somewhat new, the added $2000 or so wasn't really worth it. Sadly it sits on a drywall/wood box on top of the concrete. The new concrete did not replace this part of it (so it's still old concrete under there).
And of course the end goal was to epoxy. We waited the recommended 6 months for the concrete to cure and out-gas. Same as what I did in my garage, but I did it even better than mine. Used a thicker NAP roller and more flakes. And also added clearcoat with lots of extra anti-skid sand.