How to you get temp tags in NC?? - Honda-Tech

Go Back   >

How to you get temp tags in NC??

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member

Default How to you get temp tags in NC??

Any NC people know the process of how to get temp tags and how long they last and how much?
thanks
HT Chaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to you get temp tags in NC?? (HT Chaplain)

Oh yeah is it also true you dont need tags on the day of purchase to transport it home?
HT Chaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member

Pray
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member

I know in SC you fill out a form (might ask for title/VIN number) and pay them $5 for a 45 day temp tag. I looked on the NCDMV site but couldn't find anything about temp tags.

http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/vehicle_services/
alupso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

I've only been given a paper 30-day temporary tag when buying from a dealer.

Last time I bought from an individual, I just left his tag on the car and kept my paperwork handy. Went to the DMV on the next possible day and turned his tag in and submitted the paperwork to get a new tag. I ordered a personalized tag while there, so they just handed me a regular metal plate off the stack and told me to turn it in when I got the new one.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote