do any of you bro's even lift????? - Page 200 - Honda-Tech


do any of you bro's even lift?????

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #4976
im hench irl
iTrader: (4)
 
skateboard_ej8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Socal
Posts: 14,335
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
Speaking of that....I did get some new stuff in the mail I wanna try. Just need the motivation to DO it because we all know...supps ain't gonna do **** if you're not eating/lifting right. I'm definitely not gonna waste them while in a half assing mind state.
sort it out man, lets make some gains. although a break from time to time is nice, makes it easy to fall in love with the gym again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouz_G View Post
Injured both my elbows and L5 vertebrae last week after a good 2 months of solid lifting. This was just 2 weeks ago. Went too heavy with too much volume and not enough food or sleep due to work so that sapped all the motivation out of me. Now that my international travel is starting to spin up again at work, the motivation to go on is sapped to zip
your travel for work probably couldnt have come at a better time, youre injured just get healed and jump back into it when youre 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
I need what you got. Going 7 days a week, lifting 4 of them. If I don't lose all my skin fat over my abs Ima either get that **** frozen off or hitting the roids. Can't be expected to do much more than I am now AND skip out on the drank to maintain a 6 pack. Just not about that life the hard way
lifting 4 of the 7 days you go to the gym sounds nice, i would be going hard af those 4 days.

step into the darkside young padawan.
skateboard_ej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #4977
Honda-Tech Member
 
black_EM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,369
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Everyone needs at least a week break from time to time. If not a full week off, at least a deload week to let the CNS reset itself, let the body heal, etc. Starting to get serious on the diet, switched to fish/sirloin, asparagus, faster burning carb (white rice).

Sprints 4 days a week/30 min walk after workout, 45 min incline walk everyday. Seeing results alot faster than before.
black_EM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #4978
im hench irl
iTrader: (4)
 
skateboard_ej8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Socal
Posts: 14,335
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
Everyone needs at least a week break from time to time. If not a full week off, at least a deload week to let the CNS reset itself, let the body heal, etc. Starting to get serious on the diet, switched to fish/sirloin, asparagus, faster burning carb (white rice).

Sprints 4 days a week/30 min walk after workout, 45 min incline walk everyday. Seeing results alot faster than before.
mirin
skateboard_ej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #4979
Honda-Tech Member
 
black_EM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,369
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateboard_ej8 View Post
mirin
I'm going to dark horse the **** out of this show. Haven't posted any physique pictures online, haven't really told too many folks about it, still rolling. Just going to show the hell up in sweats. Nobody is seeing this until showtime.
black_EM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #4980
Do you even red wheels?
 
ForceFed Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,365
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

I switched it up from salmon to cod today, break room loves it when I microwave up my fish. F em, muh diet.
ForceFed Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #4981
816d16 owes me money!
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,511
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

lol I still can't bring myself to that low level of *******-ness
usdm420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #4982
Honda-Tech Member
 
BigBerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 235
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

I made a mental decision yesterday that I was going to go into the gym this morning and crush my shoulder workout. Mission complete.

Seated Military
135x15x3
225x10x2
245x8
265x4

Side Raises 5 sets starting at 40lbs and working up 5lb's per set and decreasing reps. 14 reps at 40lbs 7 reps at 60lbs.
Front raises, rear delt work, upright rows.
Finished off with 135 OHP to failure for 3 sets.

Felt ******* great.

Berz out.
BigBerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #4983
Anti-GDD White Knight Simp
 
TracerAcer2.2L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Uvalde, Tx
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
Everyone needs at least a week break from time to time. If not a full week off, at least a deload week to let the CNS reset itself, let the body heal, etc. Starting to get serious on the diet, switched to fish/sirloin, asparagus, faster burning carb (white rice).

Sprints 4 days a week/30 min walk after workout, 45 min incline walk everyday. Seeing results alot faster than before.

I haven't had more than a 4 day break in well over a year
TracerAcer2.2L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #4984
Honda-Tech Member
 
Curiouz_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Posts: 3,327
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateboard_ej8 View Post
your travel for work probably couldnt have come at a better time, youre injured just get healed and jump back into it when youre 100%.
Curiouz_G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #4985
Reborn_
 
Reborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,142
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBerz View Post
I made a mental decision yesterday that I was going to go into the gym this morning and crush my shoulder workout. Mission complete.

Seated Military
135x15x3
225x10x2
245x8
265x4

Side Raises 5 sets starting at 40lbs and working up 5lb's per set and decreasing reps. 14 reps at 40lbs 7 reps at 60lbs.
Front raises, rear delt work, upright rows.
Finished off with 135 OHP to failure for 3 sets.

Felt ******* great.

Berz out.
Man, if I take some time off, I need to ease back into it - you're a monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
I'm going to dark horse the **** out of this show. Haven't posted any physique pictures online, haven't really told too many folks about it, still rolling. Just going to show the hell up in sweats. Nobody is seeing this until showtime.
Make sure to post some pics here. You're already looking pretty impeccable to begin with, so I'd really like to see this.



Nice PR for me today for deads 5x5 @ 295. Goal is 315. Gonna celebrate with some BBQ (full rib rack) tonight.
Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #4986
Anti-GDD White Knight Simp
 
TracerAcer2.2L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Uvalde, Tx
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
Nice PR for me today for deads 5x5 @ 295. Goal is 315. Gonna celebrate with some BBQ (full rib rack) tonight.
I'm assuming you mean 315 5x5 because you have 315x1 in the bag lol. Realistically your max is around 390 assuming you properly work your cns up to it and have the skill to keep form (5x5 is about 75% of predicted max)
TracerAcer2.2L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #4987
Honda-Tech Member
 
redline201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,810
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Finally back after 8 months of slacking. I hurt my shoulder in August, took a break to heal up. Depression set in and I just didn't have it in me to get back into it. Now I'm 3 weeks in trying to put on some of the size I lost then cutting up for summer. On a positive note the gym is helping my depression and now I feel like a man on a mission. I just want to be lean this summer, then go back to getting jack or die trying lol.
redline201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:11 AM   #4988
Reborn_
 
Reborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,142
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerAcer2.2L View Post
I'm assuming you mean 315 5x5 because you have 315x1 in the bag lol. Realistically your max is around 390 assuming you properly work your cns up to it and have the skill to keep form (5x5 is about 75% of predicted max)
Yea, for 5x5. I'd have to work on my grip strength a bit if I want to hit proper numbers for 1RM
Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:10 PM   #4989
GDD's Dr. Phil?
 
oneludesol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Florida / Denver Colorado
Posts: 1,772
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
I switched it up from salmon to cod today, break room loves it when I microwave up my fish. F em, muh diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
lol I still can't bring myself to that low level of *******-ness
Had coworkers play that game with me back in the day until I retaliated by microwaving dog ****, then they got the hint.
oneludesol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #4990
Do you even red wheels?
 
ForceFed Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,365
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Haha it's not a game. It's called a diet

Not like I wanna smell their mcdonalds or listen to their mouth breathing.
ForceFed Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:55 AM   #4991
Honda-Tech Member
 
black_EM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,369
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
I switched it up from salmon to cod today, break room loves it when I microwave up my fish. F em, muh diet.
They're used to me doing it, lol. Cod and tilapia status for a few weeks now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerAcer2.2L View Post
I haven't had more than a 4 day break in well over a year
You should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
Make sure to post some pics here. You're already looking pretty impeccable to begin with, so I'd really like to see this.

Nice PR for me today for deads 5x5 @ 295. Goal is 315. Gonna celebrate with some BBQ (full rib rack) tonight.
Thanks man, there are definitely some improvements to be made; things I worked on in the offseason. But I'm quite far removed from where I was overall. I'll try to upload some pics here. Enjoy the ribs!
black_EM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #4992
im hench irl
iTrader: (4)
 
skateboard_ej8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Socal
Posts: 14,335
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline201 View Post
Finally back after 8 months of slacking. I hurt my shoulder in August, took a break to heal up. Depression set in and I just didn't have it in me to get back into it. Now I'm 3 weeks in trying to put on some of the size I lost then cutting up for summer. On a positive note the gym is helping my depression and now I feel like a man on a mission. I just want to be lean this summer, then go back to getting jack or die trying lol.
The hardest part is stepping foot in the gym, youre 95% there already, keep hustling man.
skateboard_ej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #4993
Honda-Tech Member
 
black_EM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,369
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline201 View Post
Finally back after 8 months of slacking. I hurt my shoulder in August, took a break to heal up. Depression set in and I just didn't have it in me to get back into it. Now I'm 3 weeks in trying to put on some of the size I lost then cutting up for summer. On a positive note the gym is helping my depression and now I feel like a man on a mission. I just want to be lean this summer, then go back to getting jack or die trying lol.
It's about the journey, man. We all step away from the path from time to time, but find our way back. One day, one workout, one rep at a time. That's how you improve.
black_EM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #4994
816d16 owes me money!
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,511
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
Haha it's not a game. It's called a diet

Not like I wanna smell their mcdonalds or listen to their mouth breathing.
Yeah but you can do chicken/beef during lunch and save fish for at home lolol
Or not, I mean you aren't my coworker....****'em off REAL good haha
usdm420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #4995
816d16 owes me money!
iTrader: (1)
 
usdm420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sofa King
Posts: 4,511
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Ok so I went and renewed my gym membership. I start back Monday. Stocked up on food, and getting back into good eating starting today. By Monday of next week I should at least be back in full "diet" swing.
usdm420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #4996
Do you even red wheels?
 
ForceFed Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,365
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
Yeah but you can do chicken/beef during lunch and save fish for at home lolol
Or not, I mean you aren't my coworker....****'em off REAL good haha
I eat ground turkey in the morning, and chicken in the afternoon. Lunch meals alter so I don't get burnt out. Sometimes that fish. Oh well.
ForceFed Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 PM   #4997
im hench irl
iTrader: (4)
 
skateboard_ej8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Socal
Posts: 14,335
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

skateboard_ej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #4998
Anti-GDD White Knight Simp
 
TracerAcer2.2L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Uvalde, Tx
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

^^^ are you only doing front squat or do you back squat first?

I have no idea what my real front squat is since back squat is the priority. 285x3x8 followed by 250x2x3 speed squat. Then did 185x2x6 or 7 front squat
TracerAcer2.2L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #4999
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,074
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Lulz, she was gonna use the rack.

I would have said feel free just don't take any weight off.
mar778c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #5000
im hench irl
iTrader: (4)
 
skateboard_ej8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Socal
Posts: 14,335
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerAcer2.2L View Post
^^^ are you only doing front squat or do you back squat first?

I have no idea what my real front squat is since back squat is the priority. 285x3x8 followed by 250x2x3 speed squat. Then did 185x2x6 or 7 front squat
i haven't back squat in months. I have more fun with front squats for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
Lulz, she was gonna use the rack.

I would have said feel free just don't take any weight off.
keep it movin shorty LOL
​​​​​​​
skateboard_ej8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi singlecamslamed General Discussion and Debate 29 03-17-2016 07:43 AM
AZ ... OneSlowEkHatch Vehicles for sale 0 10-16-2015 06:09 AM
Normal? Jabrie Tech / Misc 1 07-17-2015 04:26 PM
--EDIT-- EFProjectHatch Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) 0 06-19-2015 02:10 PM
Removed... aaronk24 Introduce Yourself 0 04-20-2015 10:34 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:57 AM.