***Official Yuge Trump Thread*** - Page 101 - Honda-Tech

***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Old 12-21-2016, 07:46 AM   #2501
INSERT TITLE HERE

Default re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Heard the interview this morning on NPR and thought "well, that figures....".

Gingrich: Trump backing away from 'drain the swamp' - POLITICO
newt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #2502
The Science Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt2 View Post
Heard the interview this morning on NPR and thought "well, that figures....".

Gingrich: Trump backing away from 'drain the swamp' - POLITICO
At this point, I prefer if he didn't do anything presidential and just used his power to advance his business interests and scam Americans.
Xentropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:49 AM   #2503
INSERT TITLE HERE

I agree, that would do less damage at this point.
newt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:58 AM   #2504
Pork is NOT a verb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt Gingrich
But, you know, he is my leader, and if he decides to drop the swamp and the alligator I will drop the swamp and the alligator.
malix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #2505
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malix View Post
That wasn't even news, it was commentary. And it really wasn't anything new that hasn't already been discussed in this thread.

The CIA/FBI haven't released a formal statement? No ****. It was stated right up front in the Washington Post/NY Times articles that these were confidential sources. This was supposed to be obvious to anyone who read past the headlines. They said they're not going to give more details publicly until after the review that Obama ordered is finished, hopefully we get some more solid info then.

It wasn't a hack, it was a leak? Then why were the DNC/RNC being briefed on the hacks by the intelligence agencies back in June? Why are senate Republicans like John McCain and Rand Paul asking for investigations? What evidence is there that this was a leak from someone in the DNC other than Assange saying so?
the HUGE point that you are missing is that most people no longer believe anonymous sources within the govt.
those 'leaks' can be fabricated to assist in a administrations agenda

fwiw - i dont think russia tried to get trump to win, i do think they did some things to help her lose though. i think they see the writing on the wall if she is elected - which doesnt mean trump is their puppet.

ford9n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:50 AM   #2506
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford9n View Post
the HUGE point that you are missing is that most people no longer believe anonymous sources within the govt.

fwiw - i dont think russia tried to get trump to win, i do think they did some things to help her lose though. i think they see the writing on the wall if she is elected - which doesnt mean trump is their puppet.

Enemy of my enemy?
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:53 AM   #2507
Pork is NOT a verb!

Quote:
People seem to have no problem with it when it supports their existing beliefs. Remember the idea that Hillary wanted to kill Assange in a drone strike? Where did that come from? People just ran with it and started repeating it, never bothering to check.

Also, what about the public statement from DHS in October? They came to the same conclusions about Russian involvement, they just didn't go far enough to state a motive. Nothing anonymous there.

Quote:
fwiw - i dont think russia tried to get trump to win
Look at his pick for SoS. They're going to get the sanctions dropped. They're going to keep Crimea unchallenged. They're going to continue to chip away at NATO and the EU. Of course they wanted Trump to win.

Quote:
i do think they did some things to help her lose though.
If you're willing to acknowledge that then I think we're pretty much in agreement here.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #2508
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
People seem to have no problem with it when it supports their existing beliefs. Remember the idea that Hillary wanted to kill Assange in a drone strike? Where did that come from? People just ran with it and started repeating it, never bothering to check.

Also, what about the public statement from DHS in October? They came to the same conclusions about Russian involvement, they just didn't go far enough to state a motive. Nothing anonymous there.
i think if the govt had been saying these things prior to hillary losing the general election - more people may be on board. i realize why they didnt - because the right would have been all over the "unfair elections" if hillary had won.
it appears to most people that this 'blaming the russians' is just someone(s?) being a poor loser, imo.

Quote:
Look at his pick for SoS. They're going to get the sanctions dropped. They're going to keep Crimea unchallenged. They're going to continue to chip away at NATO and the EU. Of course they wanted Trump to win.
i dont think you can point to his SoS as a reason for russian hacking ( assuming its true) as that wasnt a "known, known" at the time of the hacking.
crimea isnt going back to ukraine, its only the nato countries that havent realized that yet. when the US helps to take a country [ukraine] that was leaning towards russia and pivots them towards russia, youve got to expect a reaction. facing the loss of their military base like that just isnt gonna happen.

Quote:
If you're willing to acknowledge that then I think we're pretty much in agreement here.
it seems that i am willing to see fault on both sides, but you only see the bad things russia has done, no?
Old 12-21-2016, 09:33 AM   #2509
Pork is NOT a verb!

Quote:
i think if the govt had been saying these things prior to hillary losing the general election - more people may be on board. i realize why they didnt - because the right would have been all over the "unfair elections" if hillary had won.
it appears to most people that this 'blaming the russians' is just someone(s?) being a poor loser, imo.
They were saying it though.

I don't think this completely de-legitimizes Trump, I don't think we could even say that this was definitively the one thing that tipped the balance of the election. I'd just settle for people acknowledging that this is a real issue that we should be concerned about going forward.

Quote:
i dont think you can point to his SoS as a reason for russian hacking ( assuming its true) as that wasnt a "known, known" at the time of the hacking.
crimea isnt going back to ukraine, its only the nato countries that havent realized that yet. when the US helps to take a country [ukraine] that was leaning towards russia and pivots them towards russia, youve got to expect a reaction. facing the loss of their military base like that just isnt gonna happen.
Ok fair enough, I don't mean to say that the SoS was a reason for the hacking, I'm using it as an example of the pro-Russia stance that they knew they could expect from Trump.

Wasn't the lease on the Sevastopol base already extended into the 2040s though?

Quote:
it seems that i am willing to see fault on both sides, but you only see the bad things russia has done, no?
I think there's plenty to criticize about American foreign policy. What I have an issue with is this idea that seems to be so prevalent among "alternative" media that because American foreign policy is flawed, then that makes Russia somehow the good guy in all of this. I've been saying since well before the 2016 election that it's weird how so many Americans have this strange admiration for Putin.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #2510
gaping gaps

We're going to drain the swamp... of corruption. Funny how that term caught on, isn't it? I told... I tell everyone-- I hated it. Somebody said, "drain the swamp." I said, "Oh, that's so hokey. That is so terrible. I said, "All right, I'll try it'." So, like a month ago, I said, "drain the swamp." Place went crazy. I said, "Whoa. What's this?" Then I said it again. Then I started saying it like I meant it, right? "
90hatch94dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #2511
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
They were saying it though.
certainly not to the extent they are now - and imo, not to the extent they would be talking about it if hillary had won the election.

Quote:
I don't think this completely de-legitimizes Trump, I don't think we could even say that this was definitively the one thing that tipped the balance of the election. I'd just settle for people acknowledging that this is a real issue that we should be concerned about going forward.
i think people mainly object to the way its framed. imo, more times than not, its framed as if the russians hacked the system and get trump elected. i think most would agree that russia had some influence, just maybe not those in gdd, lol
i agree it should be a concern going forward - but we also have to acknowledge that the us has done its fair share of 'election influencing'. to me its sort of ironic to now hear the us complain about outside election influence :killingme:

Quote:
Ok fair enough, I don't mean to say that the SoS was a reason for the hacking, I'm using it as an example of the pro-Russia stance that they knew they could expect from Trump.
can you define 'pro-russia stance' ? it seems that anything less than the "russia is bad" stance that the us has had since ~2010 is considered pro russia.
im not advocating for the SoS or really any of his other picks, i actually dont know much about them,

Wasn't the lease on the Sevastopol base already extended into the 2040s though? [/QUOTE]
not sure on all the details. my point was that the crimea stuff was a reaction, not the thing that 'started it' russia isnt/wasnt going to leave that base to chance, imo.

Quote:
I think there's plenty to criticize about American foreign policy. What I have an issue with is this idea that seems to be so prevalent among "alternative" media that because American foreign policy is flawed, then that makes Russia somehow the good guy in all of this. I've been saying since well before the 2016 election that it's weird how so many Americans have this strange admiration for Putin.
i know what you are talking about. i think that is mainly because the people promoting some of the putin stuff dont actually live in russia, lol. i think a lot of people also admire the russian FP, especially when contrasted with us FP.
i also think obamas "soft stance" on most FP issues has been part of what drives this as well. after GWB anyone except Genghis Khan would likely be considered 'soft' though.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #2512
gaping gaps

"You people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall? We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison! Prison! Lock her up!' I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?" Trump said during a stop in Florida last Saturday.

"But now, you're mellow and you're cool and you're not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right?"
Old 12-21-2016, 10:57 AM   #2513
gaping gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump
“[Putin has] been a leader far more than our president has been a leader.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pence
“I think it's inarguable that Vladimir Putin has been a stronger leader in his country than Barack Obama has been.”
Old 12-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #2514

.. have you been drinking?
It Wasn't Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #2515
Screw you guys, I'm... going... home.

LOL And Trump's electoral vote win came entirely from Texas. Your point?
tjbizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #2516
I really don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbizzo View Post
LOL And Trump's electoral vote win came entirely from Texas. Your point?
Wait - I don't see an article. That's how rumors are started.
A D NOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #2517
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Wasn't Me View Post
.. have you been drinking?
Dude is killin it.

Enjoy draining the swamp (of regulations) fucktard.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #2518
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Dude is killin it.

Enjoy draining the swamp (of regulations) fucktard.
This is why so many people here hate you
Uncle Ben's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #2519
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Dude is killin it.
Star quality!
Former User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #2520
Honda-Tech Member

Trump taps investor Icahn to advise on regulatory reform - POLITICO

Icahn lost his mind years ago. Will fit in well with Trump's team.
njn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #2521
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njn63 View Post

Time to repeal Dodd Frank! The mezzanine loans will be a nice massive (short-term) boom to the real estate industry.
eMpAtHy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #2522
Painting Masterpieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpAtHy View Post
Time to repeal Dodd Frank! The mezzanine loans will be a nice massive (short-term) boom to the real estate industry.
And the small cap M&A market as well. Repeal is going to have to go through the court of public opinion first though.
Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #2523
On vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by njn63 View Post

This is not news. A big part of his campaign was a promise to tap Carl Icahn to deal with the Chinese.

You lefty loons weren't paying attention.
testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:07 PM   #2524
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
The New York Times
The Opinion Pages
OP-ED COLUMNIST

To Understand Trump, Learn Russian

Andrew Rosenthal
DEC. 15, 2016

The Russian language has two words for truth — a linguistic quirk that seems relevant to our current political climate, especially because of all the disturbing ties between the newly elected president and the Kremlin.

The word for truth in Russian that most Americans know is “pravda” — the truth that seems evident on the surface. It’s subjective and infinitely malleable, which is why the Soviet Communists called their party newspaper “Pravda.” Despots, autocrats and other cynical politicians are adept at manipulating pravda to their own ends.

But the real truth, the underlying, cosmic, unshakable truth of things is called “istina” in Russian. You can fiddle with the pravda all you want, but you can’t change the istina.

For the Trump team, the pravda of the 2016 election is that not all Trump voters are explicitly racist. But the istina of the 2016 campaign is that Trump’s base was heavily dependent on racists and xenophobes, Trump basked in and stoked their anger and hatred, and all those who voted for him cast a ballot for a man they knew to be a racist, sexist xenophobe. That was an act of racism.

Trump’s team took to Twitter with lightning speed recently to sneer at the conclusion by all 17 intelligence agencies that the Kremlin hacked Democratic Party emails for the specific purpose of helping Trump and hurting Hillary Clinton. Trump said the intelligence agencies got it wrong about Iraq, and that someone else could have been responsible for the hack and that the Democrats were just finding another excuse for losing.

The istina of this mess is that powerful evidence suggests that the Russians set out to interfere in American politics, and that Trump, with his rejection of Western European alliances and embrace of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, was their chosen candidate.

The pravda of Trump’s selection of Rex Tillerson, head of Exxon Mobil, as secretary of state is that by choosing an oil baron who has made billions for his company by collaborating with Russia, Trump will make American foreign policy beholden to American corporate interests.

That’s bad enough, but the istina is far worse. For one thing, American foreign policy has been in thrall to American corporate interests since, well, since there were American corporations. Just look at the mess this country created in Latin America, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia and the Middle East to serve American companies.

Yes, Tillerson has ignored American interests repeatedly, including in Russia and Iraq, and has been trying to remove sanctions imposed after Russia’s seizure of Crimea because they interfered with one of his many business deals. But take him out of the equation in the Trump cabinet and nothing changes. Trump has made it plain, with every action he takes, that he is going to put every facet of policy, domestic and foreign, at the service of corporate America. The istina here is that Tillerson is just a symptom of a much bigger problem.

The pravda is that Trump was right in saying that the intelligence agencies got it wrong about Saddam Hussein and weapons of mass destruction.

But the istina is that Trump’s contempt for the intelligence services is profound and dangerous. He’s not getting daily intelligence briefings anymore, apparently because they are just too dull to hold his attention.

And now we know that Condoleezza Rice was instrumental in bringing Tillerson to Trump’s attention. As national security adviser and then secretary of state for president George W. Bush, Rice was not just wrong about Iraq, she helped fabricate the story that Hussein had nuclear weapons.

Trump and Tillerson clearly think they are a match for the wily and infinitely dangerous Putin, but as they move foward with their plan to collaborate with Russia instead of opposing its imperialist tendencies, they might keep in mind another Russian saying, this one from Lenin.

“There are no morals in politics; there is only expedience,” he wrote. “A scoundrel may be of use to us just because he is a scoundrel.”

Putin has that philosophy hard-wired into his political soul. When it comes to using scoundrels to get what he wants, he is a professional, and Trump is only an amateur. That is the istina of the matter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/opinion/to-understand-trump-learn-russian.html?mabReward=R7&recp=6&action=click&pgty pe=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=Recommendation&s rc=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine
Former User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:26 AM   #2525
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by testify View Post
This is not news. A big part of his campaign was a promise to tap Carl Icahn to deal with the Chinese.

You lefty loons weren't paying attention.
A lot of "big parts" of his campaign have gone by the wayside. Him actually following through is news.

I wouldn't let Icahn run a lemonade stand. Guy has made so many stupid decisions in the last couple years.
njn63 is offline   Reply With Quote