Notices

What do you think about the Apexi Turbo Timer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about the Apexi Turbo Timer?

I've been searching around for a decent small-sized turbo timer and I think I'm going to go with the Apexi one, it should cost me around $90 shipped, so I don't think the price is that bad. I've never owned one before and have little first hand experience so I have a few questions. Does anyone know if this will have an adverse affect on my remote start system and alarm? Knowing the timer is a pretty simple device, is there anything that stands out in terms of it's ability to prevent oil coking inside the oil lines? Thanks for your help.

I've just put this here for reference, courtesy of Whipfactory.com.

The Apex Auto Timer allows the vehicle to idle for a preset amount of time after the ignition key has been removed. In turbocharged vehicles this prevents hot oil in the engine from coking up in the lines. Hard driving can raise engine oil temperatures to dangerously high levels. Proper cool down is essential for a healthy turbo and engine. In normally aspirated cars, the Auto Timer can also be used to warm/cool the inside of the car without having to sit inside. The Auto Timer stands as a technological marvel. The pen shaped, compact size makes the Auto Timer one of the smallest turbo timers on the market. This allows a clean and stylish installation virtually anywhere inside the car. The unique multi angle joystick button allows easy navigation through the many feature menus. Upgraded in every way from the previous model, the new Auto Timer can automatically determine the necessary amount of after idling time. A Manual Mode allows the user to preset desired idling times from 0 sec.~10 minutes in 16 increments. By inputting O2 sensor voltage, the Timer can also display theoretical air fuel ratio. Since the Auto Timer uses the factory O2 sensor which is primarily designed for emissions, the readings may not be as accurate when the O2 sensor is cold. A'PEX recommends that the O2 sensor readings be compared to a high grade "tuning" O2 sensor for comparison. The Timer can also display critical data such as O2 sensor voltage and Battery Voltage. To prevent potential theft while running, the handbrake safety feature shuts off the vehicle when the handbrake is released without the ignition key.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you think about the Apexi Turbo Timer? (cdog19)

timers are pointless products.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Re: What do you think about the Apexi Turbo Timer? (vtec.dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec.dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">timers are pointless products.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah thats what ive been wondering. In Corky Bells book, Max Boost he basically says that turbo timers are gimmicks and that you dont need to turbo time your car. Then he contradicts himself and says that you should let your car idle for 30 seconds before turning it off. I dont get it?

But to answer your question, pretty much all turbo timers are the same. Just get the cheapest one you can find.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: What do you think about the Apexi Turbo Timer? (Alchemist)

Allright, thanks for your help, I'll have to find that part in his book. But care to elaborate why they are pointless products?

Modified by cdog19 at 12:34 PM 4/22/2004
Old 04-22-2004, 10:32 AM

I dont know, he just says that its a marketing ploy. He said that the turbo actually stops spinning the second you shut down your car. But later he said that all you need to do is let your car idle for 30 secs before shutdown and you should be cool. I didnt really get it? But I just bought one anyways.

If I were you Id just get something used or a greddy that goes for like 60-70 dollars. Youre basically just gonna set it then never really touch it again. I just stuck mine in my glove box. No need to spend 100 bucks.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: What do you think about the Apexi Turbo Timer? (Alchemist)

allright, cool
Old 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
New User

for the last .5 mile or so of your drive just drive regular and dont get on it. that will cool it down well enough to park it and leave it!
Old 04-22-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Re: (DroppedGSR)

the blitz fatt dc turbo timer will calculate how long and how hard you drove your car and let it idle based on that. thats what i have right now, it idles from anywere from 10sec to 2 min. it doesn't have a preset time, and thats the thing i like best about it.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:55 PM

Default Re: (98gsrTEG)

I always turbo time 1 min and 10 seconds with my greedy, never had any oil seals leak, never had a problem, i will keep doing so.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the APEXi turbo timer, I got it about a 1 1/2 years ago for like $80. For $80 it was well worth the money. Sometimes you need to hurry and get out of your car and dont have time to sit in the car and let it idle for 30 seconds. With a turbo timer you dont have to worry about that.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i actually have one on my car, but find it useless, because i cant figure out how to get it to work (correctly) with my alarm. Its not so bad though because i usually get out and start walking away counting down to when i think the car should be off, and just arm it then.