Notices

Car is going super lean at 3000 rpm's

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is going super lean at 3000 rpm's

So I took my car for a drive on wed and I notice when I would go to take off or between shifts the car would fall on its face. I started to watch my a/f guage and when it would fall on its face the a/f guage would go to 20 super lean. It is not in boost just in vac. The rest of the rpm range is fine in vac and in boost.

So my question is if an injector was clogged would it cause these symptoms? I am thinking not b/c it should do it all the time. I can go in and add some fuel to that spot but I would rather figure out why all of a sudden it is acting up.

Again it is doing this at 3000rpm's and in vac.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Car is going super lean at 3000 rpm's (underpressure02)

What type of fuel management you running? If your running something similiar to Uberdata, you should disable closed loop. I had almost your same problem and disabling closed loop corrected it.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car is going super lean at 3000 rpm's (Threads)

running aem ems had no issues until the other day.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all these tuners on this board and no one knows
Old 04-22-2005, 05:54 PM

Bump - We've all been there.

Somebody help a boost brotha out.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude just gimme your laptop i'll punch some numbers in and make it run perfect, just as good as mine did
Old 04-24-2005, 09:54 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Car is going super lean at 3000 rpm's (ICeDoUt)

I've noticed that at 3000-4000 rpms it is always a bitch in vaccum, they are just so far off from a basemap its not even funny. It just takes some time to figure out and tune it right. Stick a wideband on there, take it onto the street for street tuning. Hold steady RPM's at whatever rpm points you are able to change at in your program. then just vary your vaccum to get all the possible points at those rpm's.

Although I do agree, that it is wierd that it just started happening. How long ago was it tuned?
Old 04-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car is going super lean at 3000 rpm's (Dunc)

it sounds like you accel fuel tables needs to be tuned better. FYI, you suppose to go dead lean when you take you foot off the throttle to shift( unless you have deccel fuel disabled). the aem with turn the injectors off (when the throttle is closed) soyou dont keep spray fuel and allows you to slow down(just like the stock computer). this also helps fuel economy
Old 04-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car is going super lean at 3000 rpm's (Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've noticed that at 3000-4000 rpms it is always a bitch in vaccum, they are just so far off from a basemap its not even funny. It just takes some time to figure out and tune it right. Stick a wideband on there, take it onto the street for street tuning. Hold steady RPM's at whatever rpm points you are able to change at in your program. then just vary your vaccum to get all the possible points at those rpm's.

Although I do agree, that it is wierd that it just started happening. How long ago was it tuned?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess I need to be more clear on my post. My car was tuned. I run with my FJO wideband on all the time. The only thing I have changed was I got rid of the stock fuel lines from the fuel filter to the rail then the rail to the regulator. I replaced them all with 6an ss lines.

My thoughts are the lines are bigger and I may have lost some pressure with the bigger lines. I took all the lines off today and injectors out to make sure there was not dirt or crap in them and everything was clean. I turned up my fuel pressure and drove it around to make sure everything was fine. The more I looked at it was lean all the way through the rpm range. I got it pretty dialed in now. Just have a few spots to richen up with my ems.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000civicsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it sounds like you accel fuel tables needs to be tuned better. FYI, you suppose to go dead lean when you take you foot off the throttle to shift( unless you have deccel fuel disabled). the aem with turn the injectors off (when the throttle is closed) soyou dont keep spray fuel and allows you to slow down(just like the stock computer). this also helps fuel economy</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know I have all that set up correctly. Like I said it worked fine before I added these ss lines. So maybe that was the issue.