Notices

Terance's 600hp Street/Track Build

Old 03-21-2014, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terance's 600hp Street/Track Build

Here is a spec sheet cause I'm sure that will be helpful.

Head
B16a2 Head
Supertech Valvetrain
CTR cams
Skunk 2 IM
Skunk 2 74mm TB
Block
B18c
CSS/Cnc werx
Eagle Rods
Weisco 10:1 pistons
ARP rod bolts+head studs
LS crank
ACL bearings
Golden Eagle oil squirtter block offs
Type R oil/water pump
Transmission
LS tranny
GSR FD
GSR OBX LSD
CC Stage 4
GE Scatter Shield
Fuel
Walbro 450lph
FIC 1100cc Injectors
E85
Fuel Lab FPR
Fuel Lab fuel filter
Turbo
PTE 6262
Treadstone TR1045 Intercooler
3in intercooler piping
Turbosmart BOV
Turbosmart Powergate 60 WG
Sheepey hot parts kit
ECU
P28 Hondata s300v3
Hondata CPR
4 port boost solenoid

I've been lurking this website for a couple of years now and while lurking just building my knowledge as well as my 96 ex civic coupe. But this isn't my 1st car...

99 civic ex (auto )With that car I was 17 just starting out and was happy cause the d16y8 had vtec haha. Over time and going to a few meets the slow automatic car ate away at me. Once seeing a NSX on spray race a big turbo ek9 on the highway I had to go faster. Which lead to the chassis that currently sitting in the drive way.

The car came with a LSV with a fully built brian crower head. Over time and me learning manual, not to mention beating on it every damn day but not having a job to maintain the car at the age of 18 it just spun a bearing...twice! The 2nd time just said forget, "I'll rather spend my money building it to the most I can than just fix something that'll keep on happening." I was convinced LSV were the worst but looking back it was the lack on maintance, the ls water & oil pump, + the car not being tuned running on a basemap.

1st attempt at a build was going to be a B20v NA

This was supposed to be a B20 and skunk2 pro 2 cams. Found out later the guy lied...

Ran up on a offer that the guy would trade his Built K20/24 long block for my full swap couldnt turn it down with now at the age of 19 that was ever honda kids dream Eventually bought mounts, a ep3 tranny, harness etc etc. Pretty much all I was missing was the Kpro and axles (should've stayed with this setup) but the idea of spending $900 for a ecu scared me. Keep in mind I was probably only making $350 every 2wks.

In the process of all this to keep myself busy I tried just doing whatever little stuff I can to my car that was free. One of those things were removing the tar under the carpet since I'm gutted anyways.

Last edited by TeranceFL; 10-21-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Terance's 600hp Street/Track Build

As with every build you or life experience you make friends, you make enemies, than they're betrayals..

Buddy of mine told me he'll give me his full B series turbo setup for the Kswap me thinking this will 1. Be a quicker way to get my car on the road 2. Most likely be fast since I wasn't making a enough money to get the K on the road + boost it. Accepted the offer easy and was more than happy with the parts I received until I started researching more & more on power goals, ebay parts, log manifolds, and just overall not wanting my car to blow.

He gave me alot of parts that were basic such as ARP headstuds, "brand new" dizzy (had a bad coil) b18c (deep scaring)(stripped thread on the headstud insert) GSR tranny (found out it was a LS tranny once I bought my gsr lsd...) weisco pistons (unusable damaged) skunk2 IM (fake) stock injectors... drag turbo manifold... ebay turbo... the list could go onnnnn

So now here is my build after telling you the history of it. I met up with a guy here called Carlos Silva who runs Label One Garage who will be building my car. Here is a few of the cars he has built.

First thing first is get rid of that turbo kit for something a little more quality.

The kit came with everything "needed" but of course I wanted better and I still want to improve on a few things. Came with sc61, 880 injectors, moroso catch can, inline pro mainfold, tial wastegate,hks bov etc etc.

After buying this kit off of one of my other friend I just started buying random parts in no specfic direction at all. One of the most happiest/ most satisfied purchase I made was when I decided to send my b18c block over to NH to get the block CSS/CNC Werx

After I sent it to Redline Performance to get deck/jet washed/bored 0.5

Just the idea of me getting on the dyno care free of my sleeves giving out is seriously awesome for such a cheap price.

Ordered the Supertech Valvetrain package from JHPUSA and sent it off to Cylinderhead depot for examination and installation.

Got a cf hood, kevlar trunk and APR cf side mirrors for such a cheap price

What do all these parts have in common? They're all faded which in my opinion is no big deal at all.

Some go fast goodies!

Last edited by TeranceFL; 03-22-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Fixed the pictures cause I know they weren't view able on mobile on some were broken.
Oh and here is my head after putting the supertech package in.

After doing all this to my car still making decent money but no where near what I want at the age of 20 parts were coming in slow, really slow, 1 part a check slow. End up buy my odyssey battery and just some basic stuff.

Full LED kit for my car

Skunk 2 pro series camber kit
Old 03-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ended up getting the full-time position at my job and this is what made the ball started rolling. Majority of my money went to my car anyways being only 21 currently but now bigger parts or better quality was in grasp with that being said things came together quick.

Loaded the car up and off to Label One it went to start getting assembled..

Old 03-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So they're building the motor and installing it for you? The install part is pretty easy, save some cash and do that yourself. Then get it tuned. You're still going turbo right?
Old 03-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ballistic1350
So they're building the motor and installing it for you? The install part is pretty easy, save some cash and do that yourself. Then get it tuned. You're still going turbo right?
Still going turbo not looking back one bit, decided I did enough of that as you saw lol. Yes the shop is building and installing. I would save the money but tbh when spending this much money on just a engine I said F it I rather 100% of it be on the mechanic if anything goes wrong. I'm at the shop enough where eventually I'll pick up on things and learn myself but for now I just like fast cars and driving them.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nothing wrong with that. Just trying to help with suggestions. Any more pics of the turbo components you plan on running?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:55 PM
HT's TOP CHEF

Good luck with the build man. Carlos will take you in the right direction, he knows what he's doing!
Old 03-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nothing wrong with that. Just trying to help with suggestions. Any more pics of the turbo components you plan on running?
I'm at work now I'll check tonight when I get home. Anything specific you want to see?

Originally Posted by Chef Andre
Good luck with the build man. Carlos will take you in the right direction, he knows what he's doing!
Thanks man I've known him for 2yrs so far pretty straight forward guy
Old 03-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd like to see any of the turbo components you plan on using. I really wish I had discussed more with others before jumping off the ledge... wouldn't have bought a precision turbo and would've planned the build a little better
Old 03-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd like to see any of the turbo components you plan on using. I really wish I had discussed more with others before jumping off the ledge... wouldn't have bought a precision turbo and would've planned the build a little better
Here is the pics I do have

Also upgraded my catch can with the valve cover fittings

Sorry I dont have more pictures but these are old I'm trying to catch everyone up on my build.
As for the turbo what else would you have gone with? Me personally I plan on upgrading to a 6262 or a 6266 with a 40 shot of nitrous but that's cause I like to overkill alot.

Here is a pic of the airwalker front I picked up
Old 03-22-2014, 08:24 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by TeranceFL
As for the turbo what else would you have gone with? Me personally I plan on upgrading to a 6262 or a 6266 with a 40 shot of nitrous but that's cause I like to overkill alot.
Here's his build thread

https://honda-tech.com/forums/appearance-build-threads-122/ballistic1350s-turbo-eg-hatch-build-3170744/
Old 03-23-2014, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Just out of curiosity what would that STC Reaper run me? Also what is it rated for in power? PM me.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As for the turbo what else would you have gone with?
I wouldn't have gotten the used intercooler and piping I went with. Its a backdoor setup that was made for a topmount and a different intake manifold, which with a ramhorn I'll need to completely hack apart. It probably would've be a better idea to buy a new core and have it built to my setup.

On a side note is that a mishimoto core? There's a thread on here that theShodan started all about cores, may make you rethink some of your setup.

I'm waiting on my reaper build to be finished/ tuned, but I'll think you'd be really happy with one.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't have gotten the used intercooler and piping I went with. Its a backdoor setup that was made for a topmount and a different intake manifold, which with a ramhorn I'll need to completely hack apart. It probably would've be a better idea to buy a new core and have it built to my setup.

On a side note is that a mishimoto core? There's a thread on here that theShodan started all about cores, may make you rethink some of your setup.

I'm waiting on my reaper build to be finished/ tuned, but I'll think you'd be really happy with one.
You'll be really surprised but idk what core its eBay haha. It's all about efficiency so weather its 400hp or 600hp this intercooler will make it just a maker of pushing more boost. Which once I'm done with my build I'll slowly upgrade things to make it as efficient as possible.

Decided I'm going to paint my bay

Old 03-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is a spec sheet cause I'm sure that will be helpful sorry.

Head
B16a2 Head
Supertech Valvetrain
CTR cams
Skunk 2 IM
Skunk 2 70mm TB
Block
B18c
CSS/Cnc werx
Eagle Rods
ARP rod bolts+head studs
LS crank
ACL bearings
Type R oil/water pump
Transmission
LS tranny
GSR FD
GSR OBX LSD
CC Stage 4
Fuel
AEM 320lph
Precision 880 injectors (upgrading to 1000cc ID)
E85
Fuel Lab FPR
Turbo
SC61
eBay intercooler
eBay 2.5in piping (have 3in I'll install later)
HKS BOV
Tial wastegate
Inline Pro manifold
ECU
P28 on neptune

Last edited by TeranceFL; 03-25-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Started to put the motor and tranny together but of course hiccups always arise.

Transmission

Block

The thread on my block was stripped and tried to repaired by a helicoil previous to me so with that being said I had to buy a Time-Sert oversize kit..

Old 03-24-2014, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is a spec sheet cause I'm sure that will be helpful sorry.

Head
B16a2 Head
Supertech Valvetrain
CTR cams
Skunk 2 IM
Skunk 2 70mm TB
Block
B18c
CSS/Cnc werx
Eagle Rods
ARP rod bolts+head studs
LS crank
ACL bearings
Type R oil/water pump
Transmission
LS tranny
GSR FD
GSR OBX LSD
Fuel
AEM 320lph
Precision 880 injectors (upgrading to 1000cc ID)
E85
Fuel Lab FPR
Turbo
SC61
eBay intercooler
eBay 2.5in piping (have 3in I'll install later)
HKS BOV
Tial wastegate
Inline Pro manifold
ECU
P28 on neptune

You may wanna think about an even bigger an injector 600 whp on e85 uses a **** ton of fuel,
As for a stc reaper I never leave home without it
Old 03-24-2014, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

600whp is not going to happen on E85 with the fuel setup you mentioned.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah you need at least a Walbro 400 and bigger then 1000's
Old 03-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just about maxed out my 320 intank at 550 whp on e85.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you have to remove this bolt thing to replace the diff? iirc there is an annoying C-clip in there that I hate. Not sure if you need to remove it to replace the diff. Been planning to put a LSD in my trans for a little while now.
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah You need to take that off to get the case half off
Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Yeah You need to take that off to get the case half off
Thanks. I read a write up on it that I had book marked and it said to take it off. But that guy was replacing everything. I thought I may be able to be a lazy guy and not need to do it to get to just the diff. If it is part of splitting the case, so be it.

Again, thanks for clarification.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by $MIKE$
You may wanna think about an even bigger an injector 600 whp on e85 uses a **** ton of fuel,
As for a stc reaper I never leave home without it
Yea was also looking into FIC 1100cc injectors
Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Yeah you need at least a Walbro 400 and bigger then 1000's
Can I just throw another 320lph fuel pump in the tank and be done? Also buddy of mines made 605hp on 1100cc FIC but that was K20/24 setup. If there is 1 thing I'm for sure lacking knowledge in its fuel so I know my setup fuel wise is pretty basic. I think Go-auto sells those dual hangers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Terance's 600hp Street/Track Build