Notices

safe boost for f23 (Accord) Experience needed !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default safe boost for f23 (Accord) Experience needed !!!!!

Did a search and didn't find much.

I would like to know what is the max boost, on a daily driver, I can safely run on a stock f23 SOHC accord motor with 440cc injectors, 255hp fuel pump, 12:1 FMU, and SAFCII tuned by inline pro. Turbo will be a sc61 w/ 2 1/2 dp, 2 1/2 high flow flow cats and 3" cat back.

intercooled of course

Old 11-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe boost for f23 (Accord) Experience needed !!!!! (jmal1919)

noooone?
Old 11-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe boost for f23 (jmal1919)

dude... is your motor stock or built?

if its stock... wtf are you doing with an sc61... and if it's built.. who knows?

and why an afc + 450's + 12:1 fmu? your **** wont even run like that...
Old 11-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe boost for f23 (Johnyquest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnyquest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude... is your motor stock or built?

if its stock... wtf are you doing with an sc61... and if it's built.. who knows?

and why an afc + 450's + 12:1 fmu? your **** wont even run like that... </TD></TR></TABLE>

stock internals

2.3L w/ 9.3:1 comp is the reason for the sc61. More displacement chief than usual.

the fuel setup is what lots of folks suggest, shops, ht members, other boards, Apexi, etc... it will work. Do you have experience with this setup to say that it will not work????
Old 11-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe boost for f23 (Johnyquest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnyquest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude... is your motor stock or built?

and why an afc + 450's + 12:1 fmu? your **** wont even run like that... </TD></TR></TABLE>

no more than 8lbs even so, wth are you wasting money on a sc61 just to run 8lbs of boost?????
Old 11-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe boost for f23 (SOHCArchangel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHCArchangel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no more than 8lbs even so, wth are you wasting money on a sc61 just to run 8lbs of boost?????</TD></TR></TABLE>

is that 8lbs from experience, or just a guess? The reason for the sc61 is because a ton of people, including Precision, say that it should flow more at the same boost level than a regular garrett t3/t4 60 trim 63a/r which is what I want since I am looking to make the most power at low boost. Besides, later if I want to swap out the rods and pistons and run up to 1 Bar, then I have the ideal turbo.

whats up with all the bashing anyway. Does anyone think that the sc61 is over kill for a 2.3L motor? It seems like the 61 is close to a perfect fit with that amount displacement?
Old 11-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hell, I say just keep turning the boost up until you hear detonation.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe boost for f23 (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hell, I say just keep turning the boost up until you hear detonation. </TD></TR></TABLE>

nice

but realistically, any one with experience over 8lbs?
Old 11-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jmal1919 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nice

but realistically, any one with experience over 8lbs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would you not do this?? No one seems to know, so you may have to be a gunea pig.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 01 F23 turbo automatic. With what you have I would run the AFC Hack. I'm currently using that hack and loving it. I run .3 bar daily and .5 bar when I want to. The car feels very strong at .5 and I think it can easily handle .65-.7.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe boost for f23 (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why would you not do this?? No one seems to know, so you may have to be a gunea pig. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not sure I wana take the chance to be a gunea pig since this is my daily driver and not completely paid for yet.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jmal1919 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

is that 8lbs from experience, or just a guess? The reason for the sc61 is because a ton of people, including Precision, say that it should flow more at the same boost level than a regular garrett t3/t4 60 trim 63a/r which is what I want since I am looking to make the most power at low boost. Besides, later if I want to swap out the rods and pistons and run up to 1 Bar, then I have the ideal turbo.

whats up with all the bashing anyway. Does anyone think that the sc61 is over kill for a 2.3L motor? It seems like the 61 is close to a perfect fit with that amount displacement? </TD></TR></TABLE>

experience son, sure you could run more but it then becomes a question of longevity as to how long the motor will hold it under your band-aid fuel management, especially when it comes to encountering super high fuel pressures with that 12:1 fmu (for some reason that doesnt sound right)

the thing is with something that pumps out so much more airflow that the sc61 is capable of it wont be long before you find out how much tq the stock rods and or rod bolts will take, not just that the f's dont have underpiston oil squirters, it wont take much to boil off the small amounts of oil that get there to lubricate

its not worth spending the money on a turbo setup if your going to run such a small amounts of boost, IMHO, especially on a turbo that is designed to run in effeciency in 17+psi, but its your money

misa, who plans to put 10k into his turbo setup to do it right
Old 11-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHCArchangel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

experience son, sure you could run more but it then becomes a question of longevity as to how long the motor will hold it under your band-aid fuel management, especially when it comes to encountering super high fuel pressures with that 12:1 fmu (for some reason that doesnt sound right)

the thing is with something that pumps out so much more airflow that the sc61 is capable of it wont be long before you find out how much tq the stock rods and or rod bolts will take, not just that the f's dont have underpiston oil squirters, it wont take much to boil off the small amounts of oil that get there to lubricate

its not worth spending the money on a turbo setup if your going to run such a small amounts of boost, IMHO, especially on a turbo that is designed to run in effeciency in 17+psi, but its your money

misa, who plans to put 10k into his turbo setup to do it right</TD></TR></TABLE>

that makes some since to me, but not everyone wants to go all out. What do people see wrong with just wanting to enhance what you have? Anyway, if the sc61 is overkill for may be 1 BAR max, then what would be a better fit?

What other choices for fuel management do I have?
Old 11-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that makes some since to me, but not everyone wants to go all out. What do people see wrong with just wanting to enhance what you have? Anyway, if the sc61 is overkill for may be 1 BAR max, then what would be a better fit?

What other choices for fuel management do I have?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nothign wrong to enhance, you just have to know what the limits of the stock motor are if you are going to stay with the stock build.

If you want to run that specific turbo you have to make sure your motor will be able to handle the power its designed to give out

a t3/t4 or t3/t04e would be fine, as for fuel management a good set of injectors and a hondata, blunt tuning tools work (afc, fmu) but I would go with a hondata for more accurate tuning, excelelnt street manners, and no headaches

with good engine management and conservative boost helps the reliability factor

there are many combos you can work with, just dont skimp on cheap engine management
Old 11-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nothign wrong to enhance, you just have to know what the limits of the stock motor are if you are going to stay with the stock build.

If you want to run that specific turbo you have to make sure your motor will be able to handle the power its designed to give out

a t3/t4 or t3/t04e would be fine, as for fuel management a good set of injectors and a hondata, blunt tuning tools work (afc, fmu) but I would go with a hondata for more accurate tuning, excelelnt street manners, and no headaches

with good engine management and conservative boost helps the reliability factor

there are many combos you can work with, just dont skimp on cheap engine management </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what I want, to stay within the limits of my stock motor with the posibility to not out grow my turbo, fuel management, etc if I do build and turn up the boost to 10lbs or so. I understand that a standalone would be best, but I can't get one cause I would need to swap out my ECU and go OBDI since the only tuners in my area use hondata
Old 04-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe boost for f23 (Accord) Experience needed !!!!!

whats the max boost the sleeves will handle?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:26 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

^ wow, way to bump a 10 year old thread.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donaldb
Unknown... people have made over 400whp on stock sleeves without issues but no one has really ever pushed them to establish a breaking limit that I know of.

Originally Posted by doctorake
^ wow, way to bump a 10 year old thread.
This.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donaldb
Seriously, dont do this ****. If you want to reference the thread with a link, do so in a new thread. Otherwise, let old threads die