Notices

should i vent out my engine some more should i get an extra breather tank/catch can

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i vent out my engine some more should i get an extra breather tank/catch can

i have a allstar performance breather tank(all36109 u can c at google images) it is baffled and its ideal for dry sumps and rear ends it has 2 bungs a filter on top and a drain valve at the bottom. got 2 hoses from the block to breather tank i had the stock pcv system black box removed and plugged and the pvc valve as well was removed. OIL shoots out the filter and i have to drain it within a day or two i know is pressure build up at high boost 426whp at 19psi. should i make more vents?, should i get an extra breather tank/catch can?, is my breather tank setup routed the right way? i dont want to install pcv (valve)/system at all not to the manifold,intake pipe,turbo, valve cover, or on any type of breather tank/catch can and i also dont want route a drain back is nasty oil i just wanna have oil stop shooting out the filter Without Adding a drain back or pvc(valve)/system any suggestions would be excellent and thank you.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: should i vent out my engine some more should i get an extra breather tank/catch c

any help would be excellent
Old 06-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: should i vent out my engine some more should i get an extra breather tank/catch c

any help would be appreciated
Old 06-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One thread at a time man.

First of all, the correct way to do this is to vent from the valve cover to the catch can, and then have a drain back to the location of the "black box" on the back. That's what the black box is, a factory catchcan. And yes, you DO want to drain the oil back, as it is not "nasty." It just came from your engine, if your system is sealed (as in, no dirt gets in) then your oil will be fine from beginning to end.

Otherwise you will be continuously draining the can of your engine oil, and nothing will change. It also may be worth doing a compression test on your motor, as you are filling a can up rather fast (but it could also because you are forcing oil from the block up into the can).
Old 06-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mi bad can u be more specific wen u said "if your system is sealed(as in, no dirt gets in)
Old 06-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i've seen setups that were ran from the back of the block is it bcuz my type of breather tank setup and wat woulb b the difference in having the open filter type, and closed wit no filter type breather/catch can
Old 06-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mi bad can u be more specific wen u said "if your system is sealed(as in, no dirt gets in)
Old 06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you should make more threads....
Old 06-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by egcoupe007
i've seen setups that were ran from the back of the block is it bcuz my type of breather tank setup and wat woulb b the difference in having the open filter type, and closed wit no filter type breather/catch can
Honestly, you're supposed to run it from both the block AND the valve cover as there is pressure in both areas. If I were you I'd put your black box back in, leaving it open to vent. Then run your two lines from the valve cover, and run a line from your drain down into the black box.

Open filter type is what you want. And that's also what I mean by no dirt getting in. Sealed was a bad word to use. but I just meant that no dirt can get into the system like through a breather hole.

You do not want a completely closed setup, you're trying to get rid of the pressure that the system is building up.