Notices

Removed Evap Cannister, what to do with fuel vapor line?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed Evap Cannister, what to do with fuel vapor line?

Ok have a turbo civic with the evap system removed... I want to know who else has this done and what they did with the fuel vapor line that runs into the cannister? right now its plugged up. any knowledgable advice is welcome please .
Old 06-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removed Evap Cannister, what to do with fuel vapor line? (fastrunner)

I have the same question.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Removed Evap Cannister, what to do with fuel vapor line? (fastrunner)

It seems like it would be fine to just leave it plugged up, and that is how mine was for the short time that I didn't have a canister, but I can't say for sure if that is how you should do it for an extended period.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Removed Evap Cannister, what to do with fuel vapor line? (xavenged7x)

what do you guys think about just extending the line down further under the caror into the wheel well to vent out the fuel vapor? The other idea is to use one of the vacuum inputs on my intake manifold without the purge solenoid, but my thoughts on that are that the high vacuum of a turbo engine would actually suck gas out of the tank through the vapor hose.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:38 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastrunner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you guys think about just extending the line down further under the caror into the wheel well to vent out the fuel vapor?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Put a filter on the end if you do that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastrunner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The other idea is to use one of the vacuum inputs on my intake manifold without the purge solenoid, but my thoughts on that are that the high vacuum of a turbo engine would actually suck gas out of the tank through the vapor hose.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is no high vacuum only boost So NO, you cant do that!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Removed Evap Cannister, what to do with fuel vapor line? (White Smoke)

OK problem solved I fabbed a pipe that turns up 90 degrees then bends back down and have a breather filter on the end. Im gonna drive the car for a week and see what happens.