Notices

Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC

Old 07-15-2005, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC

My car was stolen last night outside of my apartment in a gated community. If anyone sees anything like my car please let me know or if any thing else. I know nothing can be done but I have no other place to turn. Thanks if anyone can help me out...here is a link with pictures and mods, I was tryin to sell the car:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1304193

Thanks,

Craig
Old 07-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (VanHonda)

damn, that sucks. good luck getting it back. i'll check the local forums and ebay to see if any turbo honda parts start popping up
Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VanHonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My car was stolen last night outside of my apartment in a gated community. If anyone sees anything like my car please let me know or if any thing else. I know nothing can be done but I have no other place to turn. Thanks if anyone can help me out...here is a link with pictures and mods, I was tryin to sell the car:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1304193

Thanks,

Craig </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn that SUX!!! That area is BAD, RLZ had their Blue Si stolen like over a year ago too, they stripped it bad! Good luck to you
Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (wantboost)

Thanks I appriciate it...is this a common thing down here?...i am from NY obviously
Old 07-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

well, around where i live civics are stolen on a regular basis. one of the biggest precautins is make sure you have a very very good alarm system with hidden cutoff switches, etc.

i have a proximity sensor and if you get within 30ft or so of my car it goes off. i also take my ecu and the fuses with me, so the interior light wont even come on... all you get is a door chime. (of course, this is only when it isnt in the garage)
Old 07-15-2005, 10:56 PM
New User

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, around where i live civics are stolen on a regular basis. one of the biggest precautins is make sure you have a very very good alarm system with hidden cutoff switches, etc.

i have a proximity sensor and if you get within 30ft or so of my car it goes off. i also take my ecu and the fuses with me, so the interior light wont even come on... all you get is a door chime. (of course, this is only when it isnt in the garage)</TD></TR></TABLE>

ECU and fuses is what I do too!!!! So unless people wanna roll around with there Hondata Romulator and try to figure out what size your injectors are! THIEVES SUCK ***!!! They should be HUNG FROM THEIR *****!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (Boostfed.com)

Well my next question is....my fiancee has a 2001 honda civic...bone stock even has winter tires still. Does she have anything to worry about? Also I just got a new 2005 Lincoln LS, the reason for selling the Si. Is there any chance of these beng stolen here? I just have lost all respect for about anybody besides close family and friends. It is sad that you cannot trust ANYONE no matter how nice they seem.

I need to drive a 95 Geo Metro ... No worries
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VanHonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well my next question is....my fiancee has a 2001 honda civic...bone stock even has winter tires still. Does she have anything to worry about? Also I just got a new 2005 Lincoln LS, the reason for selling the Si. Is there any chance of these beng stolen here? I just have lost all respect for about anybody besides close family and friends. It is sad that you cannot trust ANYONE no matter how nice they seem.

I need to drive a 95 Geo Metro ... No worries</TD></TR></TABLE>

Anything cna get STOLEN!!! ANYTHING!! Modified vehicles though are a higher risk of course. I was an Insurance Agent for 6 years and I saw people's claims all the time, everything gets stolen. I watched Statistics and saw in 2004 I believe Acura Integra was the #1 stolen vehicle, reason being people took the motors out and used them for swaps. HMMM? Also Accords and Camrys are always #1 and #2 most stolen vehicles because they are like the best selling two vehicles too. Unfortunately in the Charlotte/Concord area I hear their is a PROFESSIONAL RING just stealing these modded cars and when they get them they leave them STRIPPED! It is the worst feeling in the world. I had a whole LS/VTEC motor stolen, yes a motor, it was ready to be put together and BAM gone. Good luck again and keep your head up
Old 07-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The raliegh durham area was notorious for stolen cars a few years ago now its the concord/charlotte area.... I wont dare drive my car up there and im only an hour away
Old 07-15-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (darkdayz)

Well this is great to know now...I wish I knew all of this about 2 weeks ago before I came here...

It must have been pros, the siren didn't go off...or for long if it did...and there was nothing on the ground, nothing. All I saw was footprints in front of where my hood was.

Do you think putting pictures online could have had anything to do with it, as far as knowing where the alarm was and things? I guess thats why you should blurr your plates.

Craig
Old 07-16-2005, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that sucks.Most likely it was someone you know or someone you know that they know.I had my house broken into 4 years ago and all they took was two playstations all the games all the change and some small bills they could find and my precious custom turbo kit that took me forever to save for.I have a hard time making friends because of this.I dont even tell people what i have in my car.I run into the store and run out even when its disable cause it might get towed.It was someone you know.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:26 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (Cloner)

MAn that sux - I am close to Charlotte, I guess my red Si-T will be guarded extra carefully - The bad thing is I live in a gated apartment community too
Old 07-16-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (HybridHatch88)

I find it hard to believe it is someone I know since I have only lived here for 3 weeks, but there is a suspicious guy that lives above me....
Old 07-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn sorry to here that. i've had my red si for less than a year now and i've had my c/f lip stolen and noticed some shady ****. i also live in NY, matter of fact my boyz ebp si got stolen last month. just gotta becareful and lock **** up. **** theives
Old 07-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (JDM_EM1)

the worst part about it, is the theives are all among us on these boards. and they probably post everyday. acting like they are all "cool" and ****..... than when the sun goes down. the warewolves come out. 2faced *************.

goodluck finding your car.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (Dturbocivic)

Yeah my wife car got stolen and someone tried to steal stuff off of my 00si in charlotte. I was going to get an alarm put on my wife's car the next day matter-of-fact. The only thing that woke me up about my car was the warn away sensors were tripped and they were still tried to get stuff off. After I chased them away the next day I went and got a mercury sensor put on under the hood and bull air-horns to blast their ears off if they got under there again.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (slywfbpsi)

can i get some better pictures?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:50 AM

Damn that sucks man, hope you get it back.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (B18 WES)

the 01civic most likely wont get stolen. its all been the 90-2000 that have been stolen the most.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC (Soon_2b_evil)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soon_2b_evil &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can i get some better pictures?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What would you want pictures of and why?

Old 07-16-2005, 05:18 PM

to see what it looks like in case he spots it
Old 07-16-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: (B18 CYA)

Ok...sorry I am just a bit skiddish as you can imagine. There are a lot of pictrures in the link in my original post. If you need any more than that...well I guess I cant go take them. I will try to see if I have any more on my comp. though.

Craig
Old 07-16-2005, 06:43 PM

i see red x's in those pics...maybe its my computer?
Old 07-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: (B18 CYA)

yea, my grandfathers house got broken into today by someone with a key to the house, we know who they are too, so im gonna kill them the next time i see them. but they didnt take anything elcetronic or anything that belonged to my grandmother. only my grandtahers jewelry, silver, cowboy boots and his hat and other random ****
Old 07-18-2005, 03:31 PM

Damn bro. I saw D's post about this on our local site. Charlotte has become a pain in the *** for anyone with a modded honda unless it is garaged. Especially south charlotte area. Yours was the 4th attempt I have heard about in the past week and the 3rd successful one, the only lucky one was my boy Jimmy. His dog went nuts and scared off the theives. GL with fiding it and I will keep my eye out for parts, but not to be pessimistic but its probably already a shell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Red 2000 Si Turbo Stolen Charlotte, NC