Notices

prelude greddy turbo kit on a euro r h22?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prelude greddy turbo kit on a euro r h22?

so I have 2 preludes a 2001 with a euro r running the euro r pcd ecu and it runs correctly with the pcd euro r ecu, and I also just picked up a 1998 prelude with a built h22a4 and greddy turbo kit which is running the oem ecu with the greddy blue piggy back, so I want to switch the greddy turbo kit over to the euro r and run the greddy piggy back with the euro r pcd ecu is that possible? or would I have to run the usdm ecu with the piggy back?
Old 03-18-2017, 09:05 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: prelude greddy turbo kit on a euro r h22?

You can't run it with the Euro R CD ECU. You'd need to use the USDM ECU with the Piggyback. If it was with an "eManage" system, you may be able to work with Euro ECU.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh ok thanks I think its the emanage its the blue box i didnt really look at the decal on it yet, yea so im trying to switch this kit over to the euro r because the built h22a4 that its on is throwing a p1399 misfire flashing cel, i had this issue with the same built h22 in another one i tried to bring completely stock to smog and changed everything and could not get it to stop misfiring, my guess was its because it has the low compression pistons and that wont work with the stock ecu and other parts does that sound right?
Old 03-18-2017, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by customs-25
oh ok thanks I think its the emanage its the blue box i didnt really look at the decal on it yet, yea so im trying to switch this kit over to the euro r because the built h22a4 that its on is throwing a p1399 misfire flashing cel,
i had this issue with the same built h22 in another one i tried to bring completely stock to smog and changed everything and could not get it to stop misfiring, my guess was its because it has the low compression pistons and that wont work with the stock ecu and other parts does that sound right?
NOTHING ever works with the stock ECU. you'll always throw codes for your emissions checks from the OBD port. Now, there is a big difference between the standard "blue box" which is pre-programmed for a specific ECU and STOCK engine, and there is the "E-manage" that will actually allow you to make changes (IF you have the correct connection cable and "E"asy software from GReddy. ) If you don't have the accompanying hardware with an actual E-manage, then forget this whole idea and use a P13 OBD1 ECU, an conversion harness that goes from the chassis to an OBD1, get Hondata hardware & software and start ALL over.

The E-manage blue box was discontined over 10 years ago, and the actual "Blue box" was discontinued 14 years ago. So, you have to understand that the whole idea of "plug and go" is not going to happen with engines & ecus that are outside of their parameters. Especially if you didn't get the included injectors in the Kit.

I had a similar GReddy kit on several cars from 1998-2007. Trust me, if you don't have the hardware, get Hondata, and start over. If you have to go back to stock for your emissions tests, that's just something you'll need to do. .
Old 03-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

right I understand that im not worried about the emissions test, right now im trying to figure out why its misfiring, do you think the low compression pistons could be causing it to misfire? because the greddy piggyback is has was probably set for 170-180psi and its at 145-150 psi so it cant adjust for that right?
Old 03-18-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by customs-25
right I understand that im not worried about the emissions test, right now im trying to figure out why its misfiring, do you think the low compression pistons could be causing it to misfire? because the greddy piggyback is has was probably set for 170-180psi and its at 145-150 psi so it cant adjust for that right?
No. It won't really care about the compression numbers, its concerned about ignition timing, and fuel trim it was originally calibrated for that had changed from the lower static compression.

Stop using the stock ECUs, period

​​​​​​