Notices

New Honda Motors

Old 11-21-2013, 02:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: New Honda Motors

Well lets see... Honda used 500 hp rods for a 160 hp NA engine, now considering this imo
these engine will be forged like HELL from the factory.
That 1.5L will have big success at europe were 2liter engine are fuarked with taxes for the environment...
Old 11-21-2013, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New Honda Motors

Originally Posted by wantboost
the new ecu's are more advanced than any honda ecu before it... it has to control direct injection, the variable valve timing, drive by wire, plus boost control and controlling the vgt turbine actuator. No oem honda ecu has anything like megasquirt, not even close. Also this turbo motor probably has some stupid complex auto trans behind it and the ecu has to control that as well... I doubt it will ever have a true manual trans, even in the hype-r, it will probably be a multi-mode dual cluch automatic with a manual, paddle shift option and then standard auto and then a "sport mode" auto.

you might get away with using a piggyback like the AEM FIC4 but I don't believe it can control direct injection... you'd have to add secondary injectors or eliminate the direct injection and convert it to more common port injection. The issue you have there is you'd have to swap the oem ecu back in and revert the motor back to its stock form for it to pass the OBD2 emissions test
That sounds horrible. I dislike emissions personally. Maybe it is good, but I don't particularly care for it. Anyways, I was speaking about aftermarket support for the motor instead of using the OEM ECU. Seems awfully complicated, but then again, I would keep it in stock form if it came with a factory turbo. I know upgrading the factory components is always nice, but I feel like this motor would be very nice by itself already.