Notices

Neukin Oil Return. . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neukin Oil Return. . .

Can I see some pics of the oil return lines on a Neukin Ramhorn style Exhaust/ turbo manifold? (not full-race and Lovefab, but neukin) I need some idea. . . .

How many are running Steel braided line and have a nice return?
Thaaanks!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Neukin Oil Return. . . (m R g S r)

ttt will like 2 see also
Old 02-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Ditto

Default Re: Neukin Oil Return. . . (Black DC2)

me too since i just purchased one and was thinking about this
Old 02-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it wasn't so cold I would go take a pic of mine. I got the steel line from Stan at Fast Turbo but since the turbo sits so low you can't use both of the fittings and have a straight shot down. I used a stock push on fitting on the turbo side and a 45 earls type fitting on the pan. I have no leaks and it drains good.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Ditto

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

you gotta be willing to freeze for your fellow H-T members (j/k)
Old 02-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

Yea, see I used both fittings and my return sucks. . . .I was gonna fix it, but couldnt figure out how, i cant think for myself, i need pics lol
Thanks, now go freeze, it will take a couple minutes. . . right now im not feelin tha love
Old 02-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (m R g S r)

shouldn't neukin be the same as full race or SST?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DefiantGSR)

yea, but i don't know if the specs are the same, like if it's any lower or not, that's why I kinda wanted the neukin pics
Old 02-10-2005, 07:39 PM

I had this for about 2 weeks...but I think it was not a very good idea becuase look how much steel braid I'm using. It leaked out a little all the time and I got tired of it. I have now switched over to just fuel tubing that can withstand someheat. It works fine and only cost $5 with the clamps.

The way in the picture will work for people it's just i didn't tighten the top part and I cut too much steel braided line. If anyone wants my old oil drain line in the pic I'll sell it real cheap!

Old 02-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: (adseguy)

Your oil return looks a little low...
Old 02-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adseguy)

I think im fucked. . .my turbo is clocked completly different than yours, and my oil return bung in the pan is in the upper right corner. . (by the oil pump)
Old 02-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

See, this is mine now:It wraps around the turbo outlet. . .

See how the turbo is clocked. . When I try to clock it so the center cartidge is straight up and down, the oil feed fitting will hit the turbing inlet. .

And see where thr bung is on the oil pan:

Let me know what you guys think I should do. . .
Old 02-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why'd you put it all the way over there?

I would plug that whole and put the return to the left.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cuz im dumb lol, i d k, ****, i just pulled the pan, now i gotta take that **** off again. ****!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:29 PM

if you look at my picture you can see it was BEFORE i had someone weld the bung on there. I took a knife and scratched around the plug where it should go. Then I just had the local muffler do the welding.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DefiantGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why'd you put it all the way over there?

I would plug that whole and put the return to the left.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-10-2005, 09:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

See how the turbo is clocked. . When I try to clock it so the center cartidge is straight up and down, the oil feed fitting will hit the turbing inlet. .

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you take the two bolts out that are in the flange as the is no reason for them (as it looks like you have just screwed the feed fitting into the center cartridge) you should be able to clock it so its vertical or a lot closer than in the pics. OR if its not the bolts and the fitting can you turn it round to face the other side and raise it up so the feed pipe comes around the other side of the engine and over the compressor housing to the fitting? It would not run past the manifold either.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Ditto

Default Re: Neukin Oil Return. . . (m R g S r)

bump for more
Old 02-12-2005, 11:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See, this is mine now:It wraps around the turbo outlet. . .

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure i like the idea of the cutout pointing at your charge piping either or at least that how it looks in the pic. Its just increasing the temperature of the charge. Could you put some pipe on there to tip it away or do you have this and just dont have it on?
Old 02-13-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: (crispydee)

what you talkin about it still has to flow thru the intercooler...
Old 02-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DefiantGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">shouldn't neukin be the same as full race or SST?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Statements like this have been getting to me lately.
[rant]
These are all completely different companies. To my knowledge at least, none of these companies have directly copied anybody else's manifold. What I mean by that is, purchase a competitors, JIG off of that so the turbo placement is the same. So NO, they "shouldnt" be the same. I stopped making the SST because of this primary view on the ramhorn design.
Also, dont even get me started on weld quality. Just because its a ramhorn design doesnt mean the manifold will hold together. I can probably bet my left nut that the majority of these $600 wonder-ramhorns will be cracked in a year or less. If they havent, it means its probably a weekend cruiser, and goes through maybe 50 heat cycles in a year. Just because they use 8 guage material doesnt mean they are bomb-proof. With 10% penetration as the average by most of these other companies, it would be STRONGER to just use 16 guage and save weight. Until I see some pictures of inside welds, I will continue my "attitude".
[/rant]
To answer the post, Use High temp Silicon and barb fittings. You can easily cut the barb fittings down by 1 or 2 barbs to make the turn easier and have no pinching. I would bet that the Mini-me is the lowest manifold produced out there, and this is about the only option....
Old 02-13-2005, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tinker219)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tinker219 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Statements like this have been getting to me lately.
[rant]
These are all completely different companies. To my knowledge at least, none of these companies have directly copied anybody else's manifold. What I mean by that is, purchase a competitors, JIG off of that so the turbo placement is the same. So NO, they "shouldnt" be the same. I stopped making the SST because of this primary view on the ramhorn design.
Also, dont even get me started on weld quality. Just because its a ramhorn design doesnt mean the manifold will hold together. I can probably bet my left nut that the majority of these $600 wonder-ramhorns will be cracked in a year or less. If they havent, it means its probably a weekend cruiser, and goes through maybe 50 heat cycles in a year. Just because they use 8 guage material doesnt mean they are bomb-proof. With 10% penetration as the average by most of these other companies, it would be STRONGER to just use 16 guage and save weight. Until I see some pictures of inside welds, I will continue my "attitude".
[/rant]
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I really think that was uncalled for. Your "attitude" makes it sound like you invented the design and that anyone elses is substandard. People relate the design because from the looks of them the turbo placement is the same and the oil feed would be the same or close. One person compares yours and the Neukin and you fly off the handle on your rant, how mature is that?

Point is people are tired of paying $1000 for a manifold, Neukin makes one for almost half the cost, and people are buying them. Will they crack in a year under normal driving? Well i'll find out but I seriously doubt it seeing as his product has been out longer than that. I put 100 miles a day daily driving my car and race it nearly every weekend so I will find any flaws in the design. If it does have flaws guess what? He'll fix his design and improve on it just like you and everyone else who had mistakes starting out.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crispydee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not sure i like the idea of the cutout pointing at your charge piping either or at least that how it looks in the pic. Its just increasing the temperature of the charge. Could you put some pipe on there to tip it away or do you have this and just dont have it on?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's really not as close as it looks, and it doesn't heat up the charge pipe, I was slightly worried, but after I beat on it I have felt the charge pipe and it wasn't that hot.

Anyway, I'm sure a tiny bit of heat is added with that setup, but it's worth it just by the difference in spool time and power gain
Old 02-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crispydee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you take the two bolts out that are in the flange as the is no reason for them (as it looks like you have just screwed the feed fitting into the center cartridge) </TD></TR></TABLE>

That was the kit that I got from stan, so I assumed that it was needed with the turbo. ..
Old 02-13-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Re: (Tinker219)

Ye ask and Ye shall recieve here are pictures of the inside welds on the neukin

Old 02-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Curtisbeef)

Thank ya, although all of the pictures I have seen besides now have been either sugared, or un-penetrated.
Ya, I guess that attitude was a little uncalled for, I appologize. I never implied that I invented the design, if it came off that way, than it was not meant to. I was trying to point out the fact that just because its a Ramhorn at say $400, its not the same thing as the $1000 manifolds that other companies produce.
Thats all

Quick Reply: Neukin Oil Return. . .