Notices

Looking for some Recent updates on The Cylinder Support Services aka CSS

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some Recent updates on The Cylinder Support Services aka CSS

hello and TIA,
i have literally been reading about the CSS for the past 4hours. I've heard of this about 4mths ago. But just now did some research. I wanted some recent updates for daily driving. Ive seen a lot of drag updates. Anyone here have CSS and is a DD? I'm in the process of saving money to build a integra.
Goal: 450hp (maybe some room for more for track)
would daily at about 400hp. I was set on going GE sleeves but seeing this I can maybe save some money and go CSS, and just buy a better turbo. I'm going b18c1 block
Any problems on CSS as a daily?
I've read a lot of good reviews but again mainly for track. I'm wondering about DD
Old 02-18-2017, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some Recent updates on The Cylinder Support Services aka CSS

Sorry that this isn't a review, but there really should be no reason that it wouldn't be just fine for a daily. They're warrantied at 500whp anyways, right? Also, below 500 is usually considered safe even for stock block b18s. I imagine especially if you run meth or e85.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some Recent updates on The Cylinder Support Services aka CSS

Originally Posted by Geis
Sorry that this isn't a review, but there really should be no reason that it wouldn't be just fine for a daily. They're warrantied at 500whp anyways, right? Also, below 500 is usually considered safe even for stock block b18s. I imagine especially if you run meth or e85.
thanks for the response. Yeah. I keep seeing a lot at 700hp. I'm hoping a everyday driver. Lasting a little over a year. Yes on E85
Old 02-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres my css built b16 nippon pistons scat rods with 700whp goal
Attached Images   
Old 02-18-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Look. All the reviews aside, The "power" level doesn't demonstratively mean that it is any less reliable for driving on a daily basis. What does matter is how the engine is assembled subsequent the CSS process. You can have engines blown up with it being used, or with actual sleeves. But unless those that have failed go into extreme detail about knowing the actual cause of the failure to be the CSS, as much as you hate to hear this, it's all speculative. Be it 500whp, 700whp, 300whp, etc. It doesn't matter. It's a decent process that many have used as an option, and you're at a point where you're either going to have faith in this process, (or not), or go to your particular religious /spiritual center for additional assurance, then, as they say, "**** or get off of the pot.".

You're really not going to get much additional assurance that this is the best course of action for you. Many will claim that it's fine. Perhaps a few will disagree, but unfortunately, those that haven't had luck either don't have the project anymore or will refuse to go into intimate detail and verify that the CSS CNC WERX was the actual cause of failure.