Notices

ITR with JRSC worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR with JRSC worth it?

I tried searching but came up with nothing, please help me.

I have an 01 type r, my plan is to go all motor Toda b's(have them), AEM CAI(installed), Kakimoto exhuast(installed), Toda cam gears, toda dual v-springs, Type 1 racing header, Hondata, FPR and dyno time. this was the plan, but i am now thinking about supercharger(JRSC to be exact). a few questions:

1- is a JRSC worth it on a type r?
2-(i know you all hate this question) but how much power can i expcet with a JRSC on my Type r with tuning of hondata and the basic bolt-ons?
3- what is the most i psi i can run safely on a type r w/JRSC?
I know that SC's do like more aggresive cams(more then turbos), and if i am not mistaken SC's like lift and not duration, correct? So would the Toda B's be to much w/ a JRSC? or with proper tuning would it be ok, better or not so good?

My buddy had a JRSC on his Type r and was only running 14.3's, this is why i am concerend about spending money on one or not.

Any help, would be awesome thanks guys.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (TodaTeg)

My friend had a JRSC on his ITR and ran 14.3. Took it off and ran a 14.6. The thing was junk on his car. I don't know if it is that way on everyones car but from what you said, i guess they are sleds with SC's on them.

Go all motor with the ITR.

Edit: my friend put down a whoopping 180whp with the SC on.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:47 AM

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (95c1v1cs1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95c1v1cs1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Edit: my friend put down a whoopping 180whp with the SC on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

180whp on his ITR You sure he has a ITR motor???
Old 05-28-2003, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (LemonSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LemonSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

180whp on his ITR You sure he has a ITR motor???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know him. It says B18C5 has 5 lugs on it, CW paint on it, Type R seats... I don't know, I might just be a riced up GSR He is a Member here, StevesITR247 is his name I think.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (integranator)

I made 235hp at 7psi with my JRSC 4 years ago without a standalone. Power can be made with the JRSC.
Contact CRVRX on this board he specializes in JRSC and also has a Intercooler for it which is a BIG piece of the puzzle for this unit.
I went 13.6 @ 107 on street tires and 2800lbs when I upped the boost to 8-9psi.

scott
Old 05-28-2003, 09:27 AM
New User

If you look around on ebay or partstrader you might be able to find a good deal. I paid 2100 for a Jackson charger with all the band aids, including the BTC and water cooling. I put 210whp with the 5lb pulley and 229whp with the 7lb pulley. It's been on my car for over a year and I never had any problems. The jackson pulls pretty hard. I've seen alot of 13 second JAckson Rs, but no 12s. Then again, if you bought an integra type r for quarter mile times, then you bought the wrong car. GSRs put down alot more power with boost, and they run faster quarter times.
I think for what I paid, it was a good deal.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (mastrhu)

Out of the B-Series, the C5 is the worst motor for the Jackson Supercharger. I have seen very few run good. The kit does not go well with High Compression. Brian
Old 05-28-2003, 09:52 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integranator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know him. It says B18C5 has 5 lugs on it, CW paint on it, Type R seats... I don't know, I might just be a riced up GSR He is a Member here, StevesITR247 is his name I think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or the car is really detuned. But I bet a ITR with SC would be fun as heck driving. Boost and handling
Old 05-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very worth it. If you have questions you can reach me on AIM at IntegraTypeR.

Some info and other dyno plots can be found at http://www.hondata.com/98sctyper.html. We then turned up the boost to 11 psi and got the numbers below.

Old 05-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ITR and JRSC go very very well together. if tuned right, even the base kit provides a LOT of good power down low and instant resposne. makes the R a real treat. not the way to go if you are looking for Huge HP numbers, but definitely THE way to go if you drive the car daily, autoX or road race., i LOVE mine!!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 12:59 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: (vactor)

I have seen good results with a blown R. ran low 13's.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integranator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know him. It says B18C5 has 5 lugs on it, CW paint on it, Type R seats... I don't know, I might just be a riced up GSR He is a Member here, StevesITR247 is his name I think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like its a riced up car if it made 180 whp with a jrsc. Stock is 160whp. Obviously the guy didn't have a clue what he was doing. He should be getting 210whp with jrsc at stock 5.5psi.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (MachAF)

I tuned a 2001 Type R with 7 psi , it made 242 WHP . It had a Greddy cat back, Kamakazi header, AEM intake and a Hondata.
It was re- dynoed at the NDRA event here in Florida a couple of weeks ago and made 238WHP in the baking sun, and it was hotter than hell that day.
Make your mind up , is 230+ to the wheels worth it ?
Old 05-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Trial User

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (CRVRX)

Dont want to start a huge debate on turbo vs. sc ...but a turbo would be nice lol
But any type of boost would be fun on a type r. goodluck with your plans
Old 05-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (LemonSi)

yea man the thing sucked. It had nice power off the line but when it is hot it sucks. If I had more mods on my car it would have ran better
Old 05-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (steves98itr247)

180whp...you dont think that there was any tuning issues or installation error invovled?

Ill tell you one thing, you werent just "unlucky"...something was wrong.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:29 PM

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (1bar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1bar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont want to start a huge debate on turbo vs. sc ...but a turbo would be nice lol</TD></TR></TABLE>
then why did you say it?
Old 12-03-2003, 07:05 PM

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (JICEK9)

Don't spend any money on cams with the jrsc. Lift and duration just don't make that much difference. In fact guys with R's have been known to replace their cams with the milder gsr ones. The gsr cams have less overlap than the R's which is better with the jrsc, but overlap can be controlled with just cam gears. You should email your questions directly to Jackson racing. They always answered mine quickly, but this was after I already owned their product.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (fredtoast)

You'd probably be happier in the long run if you turbo'd the ******, but an R supercharged will still be fun as hell; look around, see if you can find any killer deals. If you can't steal a JRSC cheap, then don't bother. For the full price of a jr kit you can do a nice ghetto-homemade (alright leave ghetto out) but homemade nonetheless turbo kit that will make more power than the jr and you'll love it. Just pick the right turbo, i.e. the smallest turbo that can meet your goals
Old 12-03-2003, 07:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95c1v1cs1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Edit: my friend put down a whoopping 180whp with the SC on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My Si made 212 on 10psi
Old 12-03-2003, 08:23 PM

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (B16AHondaSi)

Listen to (MATT)spunkster... he helped me get 250WHp at 9psi with hondata, RC440's ,intank fuel pump,JDM DC 4-1 header, 3 inch cat back exhaust..
100% stock motor with no problems whatsoever

reliability like stock... run high 12's all day on slick, nothing to worry about...(except breaking axles)
now why even think about turbo? (talking daily driven)

with my new liquid cooled JRSC i am going for 300WHP @11PSI
wish me luck!
Tyler
Old 12-04-2003, 04:48 AM

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (ATgrills.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ATgrills.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Listen to (MATT)spunkster... he helped me get 250WHp at 9psi with hondata, RC440's ,intank fuel pump,JDM DC 4-1 header, 3 inch cat back exhaust..
100% stock motor with no problems whatsoever

reliability like stock... run high 12's all day on slick, nothing to worry about...(except breaking axles)
now why even think about turbo? (talking daily driven)

with my new liquid cooled JRSC i am going for 300WHP @11PSI
wish me luck!
Tyler </TD></TR></TABLE>

100% agree

btw good luck with that liquid cool **** I might have to get some of that if I decide to up the boost
Old 12-04-2003, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy Mark had 99 Type R, we supercharged it for him using the JRSC and it ran a 13.7 without it the car went 14.75.

The charger is a much better choice if you want to drive you R everyday, get in, turn the key and not have any problems. A turbo setup is alot more maintenance then supercharging. With a few more mods we could have gotten Mark's R in to the 12.9-13.1 area for sure.

Also I'm not sure how well your Toda B-spec cams will work with a boosted motor...something you should look into.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:34 PM

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (Johnyquest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnyquest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> look around, see if you can find any killer deals. If you can't steal a JRSC cheap, then don't bother. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Buying a used one is a lot of work. Be sure to find out all of the pieces you will need. I was suprised at the number of brackets and other odd pieces that are required. But if you are patient you can find one for HALF the new price. That is when the jrsc looks like a better option.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:07 PM

Default Re: ITR with JRSC worth it? (fredtoast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fredtoast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Buying a used one is a lot of work. Be sure to find out all of the pieces you will need. I was suprised at the number of brackets and other odd pieces that are required. But if you are patient you can find one for HALF the new price. That is when the jrsc looks like a better option.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got mine for $1200, plan to Hondata and get some REAL impressive numbers

Quick Reply: ITR with JRSC worth it?