Notices

Installing the JRSC support bracket

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing the JRSC support bracket

This is for a 1994 GSR well B18C1-- you get the point. Does anyone have any pictures of how to install this bracket-- it's the long slotted bar that I'm assuming must bolt to the charger (SOMEWHERE) and then bolt to maybe the engine head/block or the JR altenator bracket. This bracket should make it so the manifold isn't holding all the weight of that heavy charger. PICTURES WOULD BE GREAT!! I need to install one because I cracked my JRSC manifold in a few short months because I didn't install it the first time!!! Thanks in Advance.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Installing the JRSC support bracket (92TEGsrSC)

Damn that sucks, where did your manifold crack exactly. I've had mine off for about 2 years now boosting 9psi, but guess i got lucky. After reading this, i am gonna slap that thing back on asap. Btw its fairly easy to do if you have a lift, one end attaches to the bracket on the bottom left of the supercharger itself and the other end is angled downward and is attached there. I'm not sure what the downward end goes to off hand, but i'll let you know after this weekend if you still didnt do it. Just hit me with a PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installing the JRSC support bracket (bxsi)

check out the 9th pic down in this post:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=510810

thats where the lower end attaches. the other end just goes up to the blower, and bolts onto a little tab sticking out. check out JR's website for exact instructions.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing the JRSC support bracket (92TEGsrSC)

The support bracket bolts to the side of the JR alternator bracket. On a B16 you have to remove the alternator before you can insert the bolt through the support bracket into the designated hole. It can be done from the bottom of the car without removing the blower, then again you have to remove it to replace the manifold...

good luck,

Mark.