Notices

Gooch's-JDM B18C w/ JRSC+LHT build/issue thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gooch's-JDM B18C w/ JRSC+LHT build/issue thread

Originally Posted by JeeK
I got a JRSC kit last month, gonna go in in a couple months, after sending it LHT and getting a stepper pulley. Googled LHT GSR JRSC and found this thread. Went through it all in a few days and just wanted to say its been a great read! Been about a month since updates though, how are things?
Thanks for compliment Jeek, the car is still running like a champ although l only put about 2,000 miles a year on it. With multiple track days and the 1000 mile drive for a two day event at VIR I have been really happy with the setup. More details to follow and thanks again for reading.

Originally Posted by CX-Adam
Yo, any updates?
Thanks for the poke, there have been quite a few over the years. I have the pics, just have to log it all. I'm on it.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GOOCH-JDM-ITR

CRV pulley (sandblast-paint-install)
Re-tune car at more boost (maybe 10+ lbs)

Parts List to Acquire:
Racing Seats
5 pt harnesses
Roll bar (welded in) or Roll cage -depending on money
Front splitter from SPM
Rims w/ race rubber or close to it.
custom 4-1 short tube header (kamikaze style but based off a generic RMF header)

Will keep the thread updated as I acquire parts and install.
In 2013-2014 winter I acquired the Auto-Power 4 pt race, bolt in roll bar, OMP race seats, and then a few months later, the Sparco harnesses and hardware.
I was started posting about that in another more integra specific forum, so some of the below is copy and pasted over into this thread.

Originally Posted by gooch98gsr
... The whole interior is coming out this weekend so I can install the roll bar and rewire my speakers, may try to make a quick release box/amp for the sub because I do miss the bit of boom. (((THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN))))

I went with OMP WRC-R seats with the new covers for this year. Plus planted floor plate/ side mount brackets and Recaro sliders for both sides. That and the Autopower bar put me well past my original goal of under 2k, but I figure I will have this setup for some time and can always justify money spent on safety. I still need harnesses and all the hardware

and

and

Last edited by GOOCH-JDM-ITR; 02-23-2017 at 05:02 PM. Reason: bolding recent comments
Old 02-23-2017, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gooch98gsr
without interior panels and rear seats.
The bar went in pretty effortlessly and fit really snug once upright

Seats are still sitting in my apartment but I've begun to figure out what hardware is needed for the seat bracket to sliders and sliders to floor mounts. Clearance looks a little tight on the sliders. ((((WHAT A PAIN IN THE *** THIS WILL TURN OUT TO BE))))

Anyway I'm now pricing out harnesses and mounting for those. Anything I need to consider for that?
Pretty easy install on this bar, I opted to paint the base plates with a rust inhibiting sealant paint. Doubled up nuts where necessary.

driver-side main hoop footing

passenger-side main hoop footing

passenger-side rear bar

driver-side rear bar

passenger side wheel well rear bar base plate-sealed

Unfortunately the North-East winters have been taking quite a toll on my car, all this rust on the exhaust and Omni powers will have to be sorted. More to come. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by GOOCH-JDM-ITR; 02-23-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: additional photos and info
Old 09-16-2018, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How’s it going man?? Haven’t heard anything for a while!
Old 11-18-2018, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ComptechGSRSC
How’s it going man?? Haven’t heard anything for a while!
Hey ComptechGSRSC, it's going good.
I had a good few years flogging this car on several tracks from Mid-Ohio to VIR. I've been enjoying the supercharger a ton and haven't had much heat soak unless it's really hot and I'm doing multiple sessions back to back. I have all the parts to get the additional boost out of it (currently 6lbs,I have the B20 pulley which yields 10-12lbs) I just haven't put it in and had it retuned yet. I am experiencing a decent amount of oil leakage somewhere behind the JRSC and a soft clutch pedal which needs addressing. I think it may be the oil cooler sandwich plate. To be honest the past 2 years I have barely driven the car. She sits in storage, awaiting me to get a place to work on it, a real garage, no more driveways and sheds. Once that happens I may cage it and have some body work done.

This is one of the last times I had it out on track where I managed to record it.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome video man, thanks for sharing that!!! Glad you’re able to get yours out and enjoy it to the fullest!!! I can’t even get mine to run without dying every 5 seconds. About to ditch the whole ignition setup and just use stock. It’s been a royal PITA for years. Haven’t truly enjoyed driving it since 2007 before 2 seperate tuners completely ruined it for me. 😞
i did get a ton of new stuff for it though! Pics attached. Haven’t installed any of it but i have it lol.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice to see the thread bump. Did you take care of the overheating issue? Mine ended up being a head gasket. Put some ARP Studs on and new OEM HG and fixed the problem. That track video is legit. Did you end up doing the hondata traction control setup? I couldn't see tracking my car with the amount of wheel-spin I get in the lower gears. What wheel and tire setup did you end up going with?