first time k20 turbo build STOCK MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 09:27 AM

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts
Default Re: first time k20 turbo build STOCK MOTOR

Originally Posted by B and B
Did you install the Supertech springs or what? Gonna wait til later?
Here's what I think we were all looking for.

Originally Posted by kturbosquirtle
So being the nice person i am some people raised some money into buying me a fresh head package from supertech
ive decided to keep everything else oem except the head studs.
I think he's stating here that he is going to put in a valve springs,retainers, possibly valve guides this time. (I'm making the presumption that these components are what he means by using a "fresh head package from Supertech"), and that the only reason why he was going to do so was because he had someone give him money to do so. In addition, he's also stating that he is going to use ARP head studs, while the rest of the entire engine will be OEM, including the camshafts, pistons, rods, and transmission.

Again, that's only what I can interpret from this statement. Hopefully kturbosquirttle is willing to clearly confirm or deny this interpretation.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B and B

Lol, wut?

read the thread and you will find your answer , its not hard sir/miss
Old 11-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Here's what I think we were all looking for.

I think he's stating here that he is going to put in a valve springs,retainers, possibly valve guides this time. (I'm making the presumption that these components are what he means by using a "fresh head package from Supertech"), and that the only reason why he was going to do so was because he had someone give him money to do so. In addition, he's also stating that he is going to use ARP head studs, while the rest of the entire engine will be OEM, including the camshafts, pistons, rods, and transmission.

Again, that's only what I can interpret from this statement. Hopefully kturbosquirttle is willing to clearly confirm or deny this interpretation.

i had my doubts about you, but thanks for keeping my post up

Last edited by TheShodan; 12-25-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shout outs to Reza from BOOSTED PERFORMANCE out in farmindale for the speedy order on my RPF1 rims couldnt be happier .... yes only 2 saving up for skinnies in the back

im in love with them already cant wait to test them out doing some pulls
Old 12-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Deff falling in love with my car all over again :D
Now i sit and wait till dyno time

After car is running i will move on to exterior apperance such as, side markers, wire up head lights, install lexan all around ( in car ) and probably top it off with a paint job and throw it in the garage untill after snow leaves us... i can honestly say 2017 will be a very fun year
Old 12-25-2016, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Jerry from API tuning stopped by and gave my car a basemap, checking for any bugs before we hit his dyno.
Should be going to get this tuned next friday.
Jerry is a real cool guy, took his time and explained every question i asked. Deff recommend his work to anyone that wants to know what your car is getting into and not tuning just to get paid

running a 6266 t4 journal bearing and plan on going 2 steps bigger by feb with pistons and rods
Old 12-31-2016, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

"maybe if people got over the fact i wasnt adding springs and retainers"
"So being the nice person i am some people raised some money into buying me a fresh head package from supertech "
"ive decided to keep everything else oem except the head studs."
"running a 6266 t4 journal bearing and plan on going 2 steps bigger by feb with pistons and rods"
So I assume you still haven't made up your mind? stock engine untouched? recommended springs? Full build minus sleeves? Or do you just wanna be different?
Old 01-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoldieWang
So I assume you still haven't made up your mind? stock engine untouched? recommended springs? Full build minus sleeves? Or do you just wanna be different?

Sir if you actually read my thread it would answer all your questions, i guess you have selective reading
Old 01-25-2017, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

decided to get a 6768 precision journal bearing turbo.. couldnt beat the price so i just had too
Old 01-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

decided to upgrade my fuel system... twin 044's
they were fairly new and couldnt beat that price so i had too
Old 01-26-2017, 02:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Still stock bottom end?
Old 01-26-2017, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Still stock bottom end?
Of course!!!!! Because it's to show others that it can be done on a stock engine. So, it'll simply about the strength of the weakest link. So, only time will tell. (And no disrespect to the man, as you well know about me, dyno numbers don't prove what kturbosquirtle believes is the true message & purpose for his basis of performing the build the way he is. )

I'm not even saying that he shouldn't do it. No one here can judge a person in doing what he/she does for their own reasons. However, whether this is for his personal benefit or for others to eventually follow, putting the stock bottom end at risk "just because", is really no reason to go to this extent with everything else and not at least insure the bottom end a bit with reinforced components. It sends a different message than what he thinks it does.

Let's see about that being at the circuit / drag strip in 3-4 years from now. The tuning will need to be great, and he'll need to keep the limitations of the stock components in mind when competing.

I do, in fact, which him great luck... But I also must say to others that are reading this threadand looking at it as a way to do things...... Caute Procedere

Last edited by TheShodan; 02-01-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:18 AM
Premium Member

Received 169 Likes on 156 Posts

dis gon b gud.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Of course!!!!! Because it's to show others that it can be done on a stock engine. So, it'll simply about the strength of the weakest link. So, only time will tell. (And no disrespect to the man, as you well know about me, dyno numbers don't prove what kturbosquirtle believes is the true message & purpose for his basis of performing the build the way he is. )

I'm not even saying that he shouldn't do it. No one here can judge a person in doing what he/she does for their own reasons. However, whether this is for his personal benefit or for others to eventually follow, putting the stock bottom end at risk "just because", is really no reason to go to this extent with everything else and not at least insure the bottom end a bit with reinforced components. It sends a different message than what he thinks it does.

Let's see about that being at the circuit / drag strip in 3-4 from now. The tuning will need to be great, and he'll need to keep the limitations of the stock components in mind when competing.

I do, in fact, which him great luck... But I also must say to others that are reading this threadand looking at it as a way to do things...... Caute Procedere
Just curious if OP plans to build at some point given all the other unnecessary items purchased (such as the race car fuel system and 67mm turbo for his (600whp?) build)
Old 01-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Just curious if OP plans to build at some point given all the other unnecessary items purchased (such as the race car fuel system and 67mm turbo for his (600whp?) build)

yes still stock bottom end, ive seen 650+ on stock blocks so lets see what a 67mm can do
Old 01-26-2017, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let's see about that being at the circuit / drag strip in 3-4 from now. The tuning will need to be great, and he'll need to keep the limitations of the stock components in mind when competing.

ahh now your starting to understand, and yes still stock bottom, ill build the block when im ready for 750+
tax season couple weeks away
Old 01-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 366 Likes on 272 Posts

Hell I just ran an 8.93 on a stock bottom end OP is going to make 850whp on his stock bottom end, I have a good feeling about it. I want to see this thing do it, bro you got this, don't let the haters bring you down.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
Hell I just ran an 8.93 on a stock bottom end OP is going to make 850whp on his stock bottom end, I have a good feeling about it. I want to see this thing do it, bro you got this, don't let the haters bring you down.

thanks for the input and support bro, its sad to see people bash me or try to force me to build my motor when all i want to do is test the limits of a stock motor.

i will really be happy with making 600-650 on a stock block

all thats missing in my eyes is bigger injectors ( i have 1000s) a twin disk and lsd to shoot for that 750+ range
Old 01-26-2017, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the input and support bro, its sad to see people bash me or try to force me to build my motor when all i want to do is test the limits of a stock motor.

i will really be happy with making 600-650 on a stock block

all thats missing in my eyes is bigger injectors ( i have 1000s) a twin disk and lsd to shoot for that 750+ range
That's because they don't get it man, they just don't get it.. Pushing the limits is for winners and what makes our cars fast.

Shodan is extremely mad that I have switched over to PTE from Garrett and is blowing off steam.

Just joking Shodan, you know you want to see this motor just go wild man!!!
Old 01-27-2017, 07:28 AM

You have to understand AZ, this isn't about hate, or throwin' shade, or whatever you young people call jealousy nowadays. Again, there's a difference in saying something can't be done, versus something that normally shouldn't be done, due to the number of people that view these pages and look at H-T as the "standard" when it comes to an approach to building a retrofitted turbo platform. A lot of us who have done this a while do look at this from a realistic approach, and not a "negative nancy- glass-half-empty" kind of thinking. We tend to think in the long term and the long game; And we don't mean 800whp for just 6 months or a year.

For the type of competition and budget that he's already spent for this, many of us just find it ridiculously unnecessary to make all the other areas of the car more robust, and just keep the block the same for the sake of, "just to see if we can.". Now, you have that kind of expenditure, and this type of bragging & chest-beating is what keeps you interested as an enthusiast, then more power to you, on the real.. Do what you do.. But, it would be derelict for many of us other veterans to still show that doing it this way, for all the effort, does have its downsides. Now, of course, that can be said of any build because that is a risk we take as enthusiasts. But when kturbosquirrtle's approach is not given the correct "caution" for other outsiders to read, it just sends the wrong message.

Yes, it can be done, we can all agree and except that, but with what he's invested in addition to what it seems as though his process as become, he has one , maybe two good shots at doing this, before it becomes too expensive to maintain, and the interest will become frustrating very quickly for him. We're just letting him know of the higher probability of damage for him not reinforcing the block. And he simply should acknowledge that this higher probability of destruction is present. He can do what he wants after that.

Trust me, there's no hate from any of us... Why? because we don't own the car, and we don't have to pay anything. But he did put this on a public forum, so he has to expect some sort of feedback, be it both positive & negative.

Just sayin'..

Last edited by TheShodan; 02-01-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 01-27-2017, 07:32 AM

That's because they don't get it man, they just don't get it.. Pushing the limits is for winners and what makes our cars fast.

Shodan is extremely mad that I have switched over to PTE from Garrett and is blowing off steam.

Just joking Shodan, you know you want to see this motor just go wild man!!!
Hey, Precision is now a Wabtec company, so.. More power to you. I'm only critical of you a little bit because you wasted a lot of time and effort with LoCash trying to "Push" the envelope at other's expense (There's time, development and effort involved over even cost), and since you just "switched" over because you want to "push the limits" (which is a perfectly fine philosophy to have), no matter who helps you, it just seems a little ... ungrateful that you won't support those, that supported you in the pursuit of your goal.

So, we're all good, , no wukkas!.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looking good subscribed! ill be doing twins 044s on my ef too soon. from a single
Old 01-27-2017, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have to understand AZ, this isn't about hate, or throwin' shade, or whatever you young people call jealousy nowadays. Again, there's a difference in saying something can't be done, versus something that normally shouldn't be done, due to the number of people that view these pages and look at H-T as the "standard" when it comes to an approach to building a retrofitted turbo platform. A lot of us who have done this a while do look at this from realistic approach, and not a "negative nancy- glass-half-empty" kind of thinking. We tend to think in the long term and the long game. ANd we don't mean 800whp or just 6 months or a year.

For the type of competition and budget that he's already spent for this, many of this just find it ridiculously unnecessary, to make all the other areas of the car more robust, and just keep the block the same, "just to see if we can.". Now, you have that kind of expenditure, and this type of bragging is what keeps you interested as an enthusiast, then more power to you, on the real.. Do what you do.. But, it would be derelict for many of us other veterans to still show that doing it this way has its downsides; now, of course, that can be said of any build because that is a risk we take as enthusiasts. But when kturbosquirrtle's approach is not given the correct "caution" for other outsiders to read, it just sends the wrong message.

Yes, it can be done, we can all agree and except that, but with what he's invested in addition to what it seems as though his process as become, he has one , maybe two good shots at doing this, before it becomes too expensive to maintain, and the interest will become frustrating very quickly for him. We're just letting him know of the higher probability of damage for him not reinforcing the block. And he simply should acknowledge that this higher probability of destruction is present. He can do what he wants after that.

Trust me, there's no hate from any of us... Why? because we don't own the car, and we don't have to pay anything. But he did put this on a public forum, so he has to expect some sort of feedback, be it both positive & negative.

Just sayin'..
Shodan, I am 100% sure you know that I was joking but I'm glad you went into great detail for others. I figured you would have caught onto the sarcasm when I said I was running 8's on a stock block, we all know that is BS.

I don't think a stock B-Series block would do so well at 1000 plus whp. Anyway I don't get critical on what others plan on doing with their builds, there are enough shops, threads and builders who can offer guidance on how to properly build a block and setup for longevity.

I also think this guy probably understands what will most likely happen to his block if he pushes it too hard right? I think most people understand if they push something too hard it will break unless it is built to handle and even then stuff happens.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

a 6266 can make 750+, so did you switch to a 67mm because you want more lag or because it sounds better when you say "yeah bruh im running a precision 67"
Old 01-27-2017, 10:36 AM

Shodan, I am 100% sure you know that I was joking but I'm glad you went into great detail for others. I figured you would have caught onto the sarcasm when I said I was running 8's on a stock block, we all know that is BS.

I don't think a stock B-Series block would do so well at 1000 plus whp. Anyway I don't get critical on what others plan on doing with their builds, there are enough shops, threads and builders who can offer guidance on how to properly build a block and setup for longevity.

I also think this guy probably understands what will most likely happen to his block if he pushes it too hard right? I think most people understand if they push something too hard it will break unless it is built to handle and even then stuff happens.
Sorry, my catching sarcasm sucks when in written form without some sort of emoji, meme or animated gif. .

You're right of course, but you can never make the presumption that people who go through these lengths understand the inherent risk involved. You've done this so long, that this understanding is rather second-nature to you, but you never know who understands those risks and who go through these builds because the "the other guy said it couldn't be done", or "I saw my brother's-sister's-cousin's-former-roommate do it, so I figured it can be done" thought processes. Thread starters never admit that part.when explaining their reasoning.

Quick Reply: first time k20 turbo build STOCK MOTOR