Notices

End tank problem solved, for people who dont have access to welding.

Old 01-26-2003, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End tank problem solved, for people who dont have access to welding.

I weld and recommend welding the end tanks. But I came up with this idea I weld but this is for people who can't weld. Cut the end tanks and leave about 1.5-2 inches, and drilled holes in about 2 inches apart then you can fabricate your own end tanks (plastic, steel, aluminum and thing) line them up with the intercooler drill holes to match the holes on the walls on the intercooler. Then get some kind of super glue apply it between the walls of the intercooler and the end tanks and use rivets to hold them together.

This is to help people out; I don't do it but thought it was a good idea, just trying to help people. Opinions are welcomed and so are insults, REMEMBER JUST TRYING TO HELP SOME PEOPLE OUT.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: End tank problem solved, for people who dont have access to welding. (therumblingteg)

I know some local kids who swear by some "35,000 psi plastic weld" for repairing cracked plastic tank radiators, and the repaired area never leaks once fixed.

I think combining the *right* epoxy for sealing with some form of mechanical fastener would result in a reliable finished product. Possibly a strap tightened around the circumference of the tanks/core body would do for the mechanical fastener, but if you had the ability to use pop rivets through the drill holes described I think that might be better.

I'll likely try the same thing with my triple DSM SMIC intercooler... if it comes apart, I either drop $400 converting the stick welder to a simple TIG setup, or drop $50 at the welding shop toi have it done for me. If it works... heh.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: End tank problem solved, for people who dont have access to welding. (**** head)

see i have an intercooler that has the end tanks kind of curved in..i need them to be straight..how would i fix that?