Notices

Drag III on 01 GSR Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag III on 01 GSR Help

What would I need to do to boost safely with just STOCK internals for now even with the high CR 10:1. Do i need to pnp my heads? Or that can come later when boostin for more??? What are the advantages and disadvantages goin stand alone like Hondata which stages you guyz prefer tryin to boost at low psi with stock internals then later on boost like crazy. What do mods do I need and not need when goin with Hondata??? Would a Apexi V-AFC and ITR Cams needed for turbo???? Cuz i see some people do run turbo with cams and vafc. Which electronics, gauges, and ignitions sytem you guyz recommend and what do i need????? Turbo Timer Greddy, Apexi, HKS Apexi S-AFC?? Boost gauge, A/F guage, Oil temp, What else??? What other electronics, gauges, ignitions I need???? Oh i have an Apexi N1 Cat-back exhaust too goin 2.5" or 3" pipin? Would I need to remove the cat????? Is havin it on restrictive??? Damn laws in CA can't really do much. How did all of you guyz go pass emission with your turbo kits??? How much is a Tial WG which size recommend for my car? Any cheap deals on it? How about JE pistons or SRP?? 8:1 or 9:1??? How about rods? Crower??? STR or AEM Fuel Rail???? Injectors what size??? RC 550??? What are those numbers for the injectors what do they mean? Fuel Pump Bosch, AEM?? Or who??? How many psi I should be runnin?? How much to Port and Polish??? Do i need to bore the TB??? Bear with me i'm tryin to boost safely first time with turbo Yes, i have done some researchin but it would help much faster if I get any input from you guyz. So please don't flame me. Thanks for understanding me and all the response to my questions.

[Modified by IgniteTeg, 4:57 AM 8/15/2001]
Old 08-15-2001, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag III on 01 GSR Help (IgniteTeg)

C'mon people please help me
Old 08-15-2001, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made it about a third of the way down the post and saw too many Q's.....so search for all those parts online. Boost the car stock for now.....8psi....then later on, run a standalone liek Speedpro or Hondata and build the block and head.

Jason
Old 08-15-2001, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep it as simple as possible. Boost low as u said, just get all the neccessarys. clutch, boost gauge, egt, oil pressure, and fuel pressure gauge, also 7 range plugs. Slap the kit on and make a run at the local dyno. good luck. Im still working on mines.
Old 08-15-2001, 09:14 PM
New User

you can safely boost 10 psi with that motor @ those compression levels. Just don't do it all the time and make sure you have enough fuel. Occasionally I run 12 psi on stock internals. Can't wait to run 12 psi at the track. Haven't blown anything yet.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag III on 01 GSR Help (dragonsmp)

hehe dang 12psi think thats too much are your alwayz under boost?? What are your mods and setup???? Thanks I'm still open for any suggestion about my questions thanks peepz.
Old 08-16-2001, 07:18 AM
New User

hehe dang 12psi think thats too much are your alwayz under boost?? What are your mods and setup???? Thanks I'm still open for any suggestion about my questions thanks peepz.
It is a completely stock setup. I run around @ .5~ bar which is about 7.4 psi on the street. However when I race I bump it up to 10 psi and sometimes even 12 psi. And I am using a V-AFC the richen the fuel at top rpms to ensure I am not short of fuel.

The reason why I feel comfortable boosting 10 - 12 lbs. is because my friend has the same setup and has been boosting 12 psi daily and I mean daily for over a year now. He has even bumped it up to 14, where I do not plan to go.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:46 AM

Hey dude I answered, this question just a couple days ago. Do a search. And U also asked this on another board and got answers.

[Modified by Liltrix, 1:47 PM 8/16/2001]
Old 08-16-2001, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag III on 01 GSR Help (Liltrix)

What was the main topic for the search so i can type it in and find it right away without bullshiet Thanks. Dragonsmp thats very interesting what are your mods? Thanks for the help agian guyz.