Notices

DDTECH Testing: FTW FUEL, Header, Nitrous

Old 03-22-2015, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DDTECH Testing: FTW FUEL, Header, Nitrous

Haven't posted in awhile, figured i'd throw some updates to you guys in case you guys that didn't follow me on Facebook or by our DDTECH facebook page.

We spent about 8 hours on the dyno yesterday with the car, dialing it in, and other things including testing some fuels and headers I wanted to share a few things as well as let you guys know, FTW Fuels, is the Truth.

Last IFO Sunday i had alot of problems with my car, fueling issues that ran me for a loop and i was never even able to make a pass, After a few days, we figured out the issues and we were ready to turn it up.

Background : The car on the last dyno session was only done on motor and on Q16. The last dyno i was able to do 262whp, it was a mustang dyno and the calibration did differ from this Mustang dyno i used yesterday. So please, take the numbers with a grain of salt, they were more of a gain purpose.

I have a few dyno pics and videos i'm trying to get situated right now.

Setup:
B20VTEC 85x89 Stock sleeves
12.5CR weisco Pistons/Eagle Roads with Carr rod bolts
Stock Crank
Stock Head
Skunk2 XP ValveTrain, Skunk2 Intake valves, Supertech Exh valves, DDTECH 1 Lobe Reaper cams
Skunk2 ultra manifold 3.5L, 90MM TB, 4'' intake.
Sheepey Prostock Hood exhaust header

Nitrous Setup: Nitrous Outlet Direct Port - 100 shot wet.

We started the day off with 242whp on the C12/c16 fuel mix, again down from the last dyno but expected. After fully insuring the Motor tune was on point, we did nitrous. We ended with 33x with 7 out, and a tad richer then i liked but i leave myself room to track tune cars, this was on all the C fuel. We tried to test Q but ran out of fuel to even try to gain, FTW was already going to **** on it anyway lol.

We Then switched to FTW Clear, Special Thanks to Chris Miller for talking me into using this fuel.. the guy went out of his way to help me and it feels great to know bigger businesses like his, respects and support smaller ones, like mine.

Off the bat, Lean as hell, we picked up 9whp on motor. This fueling required alittle over 32% over C16, so needs to be treated as such, As we dialed in the car more and more, the powerband not only made more, but become longer. The below graphs will show some of what we had. I didn't rev the car all the way out on the dyno, didn't need to. We stopped revs at 9.5k and the powerband was still carrying lol. After fully tuning the car on motor with FTW, we ended up with close to a 20whp / 15wtq gain. No timing adjustments made, this was just from dialing in the AFRs. After moving some timing adjustments around other gains were made, but i wanted to make it as simple as possible with a fuel switch.

Nitrous on FTW was cleaner hits, harder hits. I ended up having a nitrous leak and made around 36x on the kit but i would have made more had i figured out my nitrous leak. All in all we left room to track tune the car, nitrous hits were the same - 7 degrees out, late engagement, 6400rpms and tuned according to millers recommendation of AFR targer for both motor / kit.
Attached Images    
Old 03-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DDTECH Testing: FTW FUEL, Header, Nitrous

Motor hit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVjV...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DDTECH Testing: FTW FUEL, Header, Nitrous

Nitrous Hit: