Notices

D series mini me turbo build questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D series mini me turbo build questions

So I'm kinda new to the Honda scene. I got a free d15b2 and from what I've read I got the worst one to do this build with due to the dpfi, but anyway I have a list of stuff I know I need to do but not necessarily in this order:
Ported and sleeved D16z6 cylinder head because it flows a little better
Multi point fuel injection
450cc injections
D16y8 intake manifold
Forged pistons and connecting rods
Arp head studs
eBay turbo kit
And I'm pretty sure a p28 ob1 ecu with a hondata chip and get straight to tuning
i want to know if I'm choosing the right parts, or if there are any better ones in the same price range
P.s I have the d15b2 tranny and I'm gonna get a stage 2 clutch on there. Not sure why they don't label it by spring pucks
Old 05-06-2015, 05:11 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: D series mini me turbo build questions

You are all over the place with this. Read through all the FAQs first:

https://honda-tech.com/forced-induct...2A%2A-1024174/

Also, if you look at the runners and port angle / slope difference you don't exactly want to mix and match intake manifolds. You need to come up with a power goal and what the end use of this vehicle is. I am assuming not a whole lot of power or reliability by some of the stuff listed.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You lost me at Ebay...
Old 05-09-2015, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly I don't think the eBay kit is gonna be that bad in the sense that I'll get what I pay for cause I'm really Just gonna go for low boost until I can get a name brand turbo. Like max boost will be 7 maybe 8 psi. And isn't reliability what you sacrifice when you start putting forced induction on an originally n/a engine. Also none of this is set in stone, I've been looking into the intake manifold and I'm probably just going to get the skunk 2 ProSeries or whatever it's called cause for the price those aren't bad and it's way better than a stock y8 on for this engine.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check out my build on d-series.org its exactly like what you wanting to build just Google " Continuation of Test the limits of d15b7!!!" I'm making 175whp and 150tq on 7 psi from eBay 57 trim 63 a/r. Post something

Old 05-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what all have you done to it besides the turbo? Because like I said, I plan bore out the bottom end to fit new vitara or weisco pistons with forged connecting rods. Then port and polish a z6 or y8 head depends on what's cheaper because I don't think it really matters if I'm gonna have it machined out. And the skunk 2 intake manifold and eBay turbo kit. Until I can afford a garret or turbonetics or something.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You obviously didn't read any of my build or look it up your just saying parts you know. Really read my setup its capable of lots more power, but it is also reliable I have driven it every day for over 3 years with very little issues. I have also over built the car around it so when I do want more I just drop in a bigger more powerful set up and keep rolling with very little down time. After you have read it and if youb still have some questions I be more then happy to help.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't bother with an Ebay headache turbo. Friend of mine loved the "good price" and now hes not in the honda game anymore because his **** never worked... Don't waste your money go buy a cobalt or cav or keep it stock.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Xanthias
Don't bother with an Ebay headache turbo. Friend of mine loved the "good price" and now hes not in the honda game anymore because his **** never worked... Don't waste your money go buy a cobalt or cav or keep it stock.
That's what I wanted to know before I started this thread. Could I use like a subi ej20 turbo? Or like a srt4 turbo? Something like that cause I knew before hand that those would not only be more reliable but they can run higher boost reliably. And just boost in general.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you could use one of those im not an expert on running them but they would get you in 200 whp ballpark im assuming before being out of efficiency but someone else has to chime in on that
Old 05-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could use a Subaru VF series turbo, but they use a strange flange so you'd also need a custom manifold to make it work. Your best bet is to find a smaller, used Garrett T3 in the Marketplace.

Also, as for the SRT4 turbo - have you seen one? They're integrated into the exhaust manifold, so you'd need to find a turbine housing that fit it, if you wanted to somehow Frankenstein that together.

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/imag...rbocharger.jpg