Notices

Car wont start immediately after shut down...did search

Old 02-15-2005, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start immediately after shut down...did search

aight heres my new dilema...
when i first start the car it starts up fine. the car runs fine for being untuned (temporarily running on base map til i get rid off all the problems...then i can tune) but its just when i cut the car that my problem forms. when i shut the car off and try to start it back up (immediately...anything under 30 min of shutting it off) it wont start. car cranks but doesnt turn over.

here are things i have already tried...

1. i already replaced everything in the distributor/ignition (brand new coil, tested the ignitor and its good, brand new wires and plugs)
2. timed it and re-timed it and re-timed it and re-timed it...and on and on
3. check all the fuses (under dash and engine bay)

i am just about stumped and i dont want this to be the only think keeping me from tuning. if anyone has faced this problems please help .

whats crazy is that the car runs fine until i shut it off and try to start it again. the only way i can get it to start w/o letting it sit for an hour or so is to spray starter fluid/carb in the intake. and with ease it starts right up.

im thinking it has to be a fuel problem because of the fact that everything in the ignition is pretty much new or tested.

tomorrow im gonna to test changing out the fuel pump, resistor box, fuel filter, main relay. these are things i have been seeing other people change with similar but not exact problems. in a way i dont think its the fuel pump because i still hear it when i turn the car in the ON position, but its worth a shot.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

main relay?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car wont start immediately after shut down...did search (curiousgpnoy)

most likely youre running way too rich at idle.... since its an untuned basemap...try to back off the fuel pressure and see if this helps out ....cuz if you can run your car fine after starter fluid then mose likely youre foulin out the plug...
Old 02-16-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Car wont start immediately after shut down...did search (MrBui)

ill try the main relay today...its a good possibility

ill aslo check if its running too rich but i really doubt it because judging by the plugs...if anything its running lean...but ill still take it into consideration

thanx for the suggestions...keep them coming please...i wanna get this problem taken care of asap so i can get tuned
Old 02-16-2005, 06:56 AM

I have the same problem too. My car is hard to start.
Checked my fuel pressure and the gauge says 35psi with the hose disconnected. Im running also NGK bkr7's gapped at 0.035, new main relay and with only 5-8 pounds of boost. How could I fix the problem?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Car wont start immediately after shut down...did search (silver89civic)

ttt
Old 02-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car wont start immediately after shut down...did search (silver89civic)

All that **** and you didnt pull the plugs once??? Pull the plugs, see what they look like... Wide band will help too. Thats why i bought a PLX M300. I dont like cutting corners...
Old 02-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car wont start immediately after shut down...did search (Ls1 FD3s)

i still think that map is making him run rich at idle....what size injectors? im telling you that all that stuff your changing isnt going to make it better.... everything obviously works fine if you can drive it around and stuff.... but when youre at idle its probably rich...go get it tuned or at least throw a wideband on it.... back your fuel pressure way down just to see if it helps...say...20psi...
Old 02-16-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Car wont start immediately after shut down...did search (Ls1 FD3s)

yea, I pulled the plugs and they were a little black but the insulator was still white. I'm running b16 injectors (240cc). At idle, the gauge says im running rich, at boost like ideal~lean. I got my pm6 chipped along time ago when I was still NA with higher fuel and air.
But I got dsm 440cc injectors on the side, you guys think I should put them in with a safc?
btw, I'm gona try lowering the pressure.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you might want to get it chipped differently...a na chip is way opposite of what you wanna do with a turbo car.... dont wanna add too much timing and wanna run richer.... get rid of the blinkin light autometer gauge.... uberdata it if you have too... you want 14.7 at idle if possible.... mine is in the 13's cuz of the 1000cc's im running... get it tuned right before you blow it up ....plugs shouldnt be black
Old 02-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yah, im rocking uberdata, a PLX M300, Rc440s, and a few other misc gauges. Tuning is key and knowing how the F--k your car is running is also important.
Also, iknow with my dirtbike and other misc ****, once you fowl plugs, they are junked. I would install a new set for good measure..
Old 02-17-2005, 09:06 AM

well im not exactly sure what my problem was because i changed a few things but if it helps anyone out just try checking your fuel pump (the top peice that holds the spring and valve popped loose and i had to put it back). i also changed out my resistor box as well and and made sure all my connections were good on everything.

but whats crazy is when you fix one thing something else seems to pop up...now im throwing CEL 14 (IACV)...
im gonna try to check my wiring again and maybe clean it out.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:21 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Try unplugging the electrical connection to the Evaporative Purge Solenoid. This was a problem with some cars running Hondata and JRSC...long shot but worth a try.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: (DaX)

i dont think ive ever had that thing hooked up after the swap