Notices

bored at work, here's some reading entertainment for you all.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bored at work, here's some reading entertainment for you all.

I'm sure almost everyone who loves spirited driving and/or racing can appriciate this little story.

So I left work for my lunch break today and decided to take a cruise up and down Route 1 like I normally do when I try to find helpless race victims.

I roll up to a stoplight behind a few cars in the left lane. To my left, in the left turn-only lane, 2 kids in a flat red colored JDM Integra GSR decided to "call me out". The passenger rolled his window down and somehow built up the gall to yell "Rice!" at me, and they both started laughing hysterically. The driver proceeded to rev his motor and hit the rev limiter a couple of times as an attempt to "intimidate" me.

"Naturally aspirated", I said to myself, as I could hear his cold air intake roaring with his pointless and futile revs.

The left arrow turned green and there were no cars behind the Integra, so being the self-defending personality that I am, I decided to follow these soon-to-be suckers. They made a U-turn, and I lined up next to this guy at a rough 20 mph rolling start. He was in first gear and I was in 2nd gear, just to make it a little easier on him. Luckily, the freeway ahead was empty, aside from a couple of leaves in the middle of the road waiting to be wisped away by the following wind force of two high velocity objects.

He punched the gas, and I followed shortly after, blowing by him at a ridiculous rate of acceleration difference in 2nd gear as my turbo had just reached full spool. I granny shifted into third gear at roughly 6,000 RPM, listened to the beautiful sound of the blow off valve as it chattered ever so slightly, and floored it again until about 5,000 RPM and decided that a five or six car length difference was sufficient in that I was really not even trying what so ever.

I hit my hazards, hit the brakes, and we rolled up next to each other at the next stoplight, behind a couple of cars.

“Holy **** man, what the f**k you got done to this thing?” the completely embarrassed and obviously uneducated driver asked.

“Stock.” I replied, as I gassed up and drove forward with the green signal.

God I love when this happens.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: bored at work, here's some reading entertainment for you all. (8YourV8)

i know they was mad as hell when you pass they up

you put them in there place
Old 12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
i ♥ snails

you mean you didnt double clutch?
nice win
Old 12-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

please don't put this in the FI forum
Old 12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

uhh...cool?

did they give you a cookie afterward?
Old 12-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bored at work, here's some reading entertainment for you all. (8YourV8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8YourV8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm sure almost everyone who loves spirited driving and/or racing can appriciate this little story.

So I left work for my lunch break today and decided to take a cruise up and down Route 1 like I normally do when I try to find helpless race victims.</TD></TR></TABLE>
.................................................. .^

this is where i stopped reading.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Man U FTW

This isn't kills....