Notices

blown ls motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown ls motor

Recently i rebuilt a b18a1 for my 91 ls integra. I had the motor sent to the machine shop and completely redone. The head was ported and polished as well as getting new valves and other necesities. I then installed my turbo kit. After running into sum fitment issues i sent my car to a reputable shop in my area so they could do the intsall correctly. It ended up costing me 1100 dollars. After about 700 miles of driving withought hitting any boost or revving above 3gs. I had been checking oil once a day. ABout two days ago i left and drove to a car show about 45 mins away. After leaving the show my car started to click. I pulled over and checked my oil and there was absolutely none. but my oil light never kicked on which seemed stupid because its a new sensor. i PUt a cupple quarts of oil in and drove about a mile downt he road and it started nockin again, so i pulled over, and i drove into the parking lot it shut off so i coasted into the nearest parkin spot. i tried to start it and it wouldnt. I jacked up the car and looked under it and the oil return fitting that the shop was supposed to weld up they had just put a rubber nipple on it and a ziptie. It had got hot and busted and i had been leeking oil. after loooking around the block i noticed they had taken my oil pressure sensor off and left the connector hanging. DOes this seem like i have the right to ask for a new motor. When i gave it to them it had .6 miles.
At least if i would have had the sensor i could have stopped way before.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blown ls motor (bstdlsteg69)

Wow.

If I were you, I'd walk into that shop weilding a machete and a rusty axe.

I think you definitely have a case to get a new motor and ALL of the work redone and paid by the shop. That's just rediculous.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Re: blown ls motor (SovXietday)

Well my dads at the shop right now, they said they would replace the motor yesterday, and as soon as we took it off the trailer they put it ont he lift and started workin on it. Now the guy is trying to tell me it wasnt blown due to loss of oil pressure. He is telling me that it messed up cuz we fucked up building it.

My dads 6'3 350 and jacked, i wonder how much **** those lil punks will wanna talk. IM pretty sure ill get a new motor, hope all goes well.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: blown ls motor (bstdlsteg69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bstdlsteg69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well my dads at the shop right now, they said they would replace the motor yesterday, and as soon as we took it off the trailer they put it ont he lift and started workin on it. Now the guy is trying to tell me it wasnt blown due to loss of oil pressure. He is telling me that it messed up cuz we fucked up building it.

My dads 6'3 350 and jacked, i wonder how much **** those lil punks will wanna talk. IM pretty sure ill get a new motor, hope all goes well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

whos your dad paul sr formocc choppers? thats awesome make them give you a new engine, they fucked up and did half *** workso its their fault
Old 09-12-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: blown ls motor (Turbo-LS)

Well there trying to give him sum bullshit saying that the motor didnt blow because of loss of oil pressure. THere saying we fucked up and that the rod bolts broke, never heard of that unless they get overtorqued, or ur revving the **** out the car, or of course, no ****** oil. Hrmm not overtorqued, granny shiftin, ooh i think the lack of oil might of fone it
Old 09-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

shop owes you an engine. clearly lack of oiling and im sure if they pull and dis-assemble the block that diagnosis will be confirmed by blue-*** bearings and shitloads of coppery flakes in the pan.

They owe you a motor- lazy f*cks! who is dumb enough to rubber nipple the oil return

after you get the engine back (the new one) take it as far from the shop as possible.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:19 PM
D-t
Trial User

Default Re: (turbotime)

Damn... this makes me so mad, and it's not even my motor.

You really have to be careful what shop you take your car too. First they charge you 1100 to install the turbo kit. Thats alot of ****** dough!!!

A lot of shops don't have anybody but ********* working there, or people that don't know squat about what they're doing. You definitely deserve a new motor, and they should put everything back on for you.

I know most of the people on here are mechanics and work for shops, many reputable. But majority of mechanics out there are a bunch of *********, and expletive with peoples ****. Mostly all. I really don't know any mechanics not like that......only a select few (and you know who you are )
Old 09-12-2006, 06:45 PM
say it

Please post the shop's information to save others the possible headache.