Notices

B18B1 (GSR) Crank, Rods & Piston - Direct Swap Into B16B ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 B18B1 (GSR) Crank, Rods & Piston - Direct Swap Into B16B ?

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and had a few questions involving my b16b swapped integra..

(The Title Says B18B1 -by mistake, I meant B18C1 (GSR)

- Will B18c1 (GSR) Crank, Rods & Piston - Direct Swap Into B16B ? I know they share they do share the same block. but what if you swap the internals ?

Im trying to come up with ways of lowering the "cr" without selling my b16b

i've read about the b18b1 - LS internals swapping with some work included but I figure that the GSR internals would be a easier and simple swap with forged lower compression internals.

The reason im asking this question is because im trying to get boost ready for this engine, so im gathering info so when im ready i can jump on it....

also, i've never tried and dont know much about doing a high compression build's and wouldnt know were to start for this engine.

Im also very new to the whole "honda" building so im just a new guy looking for a direction..... I figure low compression boosting would be the easiest, im not against high compression builds either but again, I wouldnt know where to start....

I did think about boosting this engine stock with low psi, and letting JEimports or Absolute Pro-formance tune it, but i keep reading where people say that the engine wont last since the cr is 10.8:1...

I only want around 250-280 ish whp nothing tooo drastic.

I was advised from clubintegra.com to try out different Honda forums and see what others have to say and learn from other peoples mistakes so I don't make the same ones.

Any Input would be great

Last edited by rayray88; 01-29-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: B18B1 (GSR) Crank, Rods & Piston - Direct Swap Into B16B ?

Originally Posted by rayray88
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and had a few questions involving my b16b swapped integra..

- Will B18c1 (GSR) Crank, Rods & Piston - Direct Swap Into B16B ? I know they share they do share the same block. but what if you swap the internals ?

Im trying to come up with ways of lowering the "cr" without selling my b16b

i've read about the b18b1 - LS internals swapping with some work included but I figure that the GSR internals would be a easier and simple swap with forged lower compression internals.

The reason im asking this question is because im trying to get boost ready for this engine, so im gathering info so when im ready i can jump on it....

also, i've never tried and dont know much about doing a high compression build's and wouldnt know were to start for this engine.

Im also very new to the whole "honda" building so im just a new guy looking for a direction..... I figure low compression boosting would be the easiest, im not against high compression builds either but again, I wouldnt know where to start....

I did think about boosting this engine stock with low psi, and letting JEimports or Absolute Pro-formance tune it, but i keep reading where people say that the engine wont last since the cr is 10.8:1...

I only want around 250-280 ish whp nothing tooo drastic.

I was advised from clubintegra.com to try out different Honda forums and see what others have to say and learn from other peoples mistakes so I don't make the same ones.

Any Input would be great
You can boost that engine CR no problem. Get a real tuner, fuel management & some arp head studs and your power goals are easily obtainable.

Run a compression or leak down test on the motor to make sure she is healthy. If its healthy boost away and maybe build a gsr block on the side so you can really make some power when your bored with your current power goals. Just a thought!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

B16b is a gsr block with b16 rotating assembly. It should all fit from one to another. Why are you trying to lower compression ? The engine will last just fine so long as quality parts are used and a good tune is put in the car and obtaining that hp will be very easy with the higher compression
Old 01-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: B18B1 (GSR) Crank, Rods & Piston - Direct Swap Into B16B ?

Originally Posted by digital sol
You can boost that engine CR no problem. Get a real tuner, fuel management & some arp head studs and your power goals are easily obtainable.

Run a compression or leak down test on the motor to make sure she is healthy. If its healthy boost away and maybe build a gsr block on the side so you can really make some power when your bored with your current power goals. Just a thought!
these are my current mods that were already on the car when i bought it:

- The Integra has stage one Hasport axles , Hasport Motor Mounts, Elder-Brock intake manifold "Victor X" and a greddy exhaust system, Hondata s300, and finally a B16B JDM type r competition clutch .... (not sure if there is such thing as a b16b JDM type r competition clutch?) Oh! and the stock ls tranny ....

Ill be sure to get a thorough compression test asap, that's one thing that slipped by me that I havent thought of
Old 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello all, has anyone ever heard of putting Vitera low compression pistons in a gsr block? I had someone claim to do so and worked for them, just curious if it was bull. thanks
Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

No. Do not do that, please..
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rayray88
these are my current mods that were already on the car when i bought it:

- The Integra has stage one Hasport axles , Hasport Motor Mounts, Elder-Brock intake manifold "Victor X" and a greddy exhaust system, Hondata s300, and finally a B16B JDM type r competition clutch .... (not sure if there is such thing as a b16b JDM type r competition clutch?) Oh! and the stock ls tranny ....

Ill be sure to get a thorough compression test asap, that's one thing that slipped by me that I havent thought of
Solid setup, you can reach your goals on a stock health b18b for sure. The comp will help you reach those goals easier than you think, as long as your not running water cough 87 octane your golden.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
No. Do not do that, please..
Yea I figured that but could you explain a little more in detail? Is it even possible, and why should you not? Thanks again I appreciate the advise.