Notices

Anyone with a ATI Pro charger on a b series?? chime in!!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Anyone with a ATI Pro charger on a b series?? chime in!!

Im about to dyno tune my setup next weak, im making this thread so i can find some more setups using the Pro charger supercharger kit. I searched but havent found anyone really that has had this kit on a b series. Iv had a few JRSC setups last one made 285hp at churches @12psi. This is my first expercience with the pro charger. The kit is already on running on my stock ecu and injectors, the car runs great but im not boosting on the motor.
Anyone with any experience with this kit chime in with your setup and hp # dyno sheets ect. lmk how you liked the power band. heres my setup im gonna run for now,

new ITR head from dealer*
new ITR block from dealer*
new ITR trans from dealer*
gsr intake cam ITR ex cam
SK2 red pro series intake manifold
rc 55cc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
hondata s100
dc 4-1 ITR header
custom test pipe
Buddy club spec 3 catback with custom magna flow muffler
Ati pro charger w hks b.o.v and front mouted intercooler.

i will hope to return with 12psi and a tri y header and 7omm t.b and retune again but for now im gonna run this for a while. Heres my build thread,
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...2556604&page=9

Old 05-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Re: Anyone with a ATI Pro charger on a b series?? chime in!!

can't wait for the numbers, don't see too many centrifugal setups around here, but there is a reason why:p how much did the block/head/trans from the dealer set you back? if you don't mind me asking.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in for this nice set up i wonder how much power u can make off one of these
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New block and head? You ball hard sir.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

More pics please. I wanna see the way it was mounted.
Curious to see...
Hit me up if u Dyno. I wanna see

I live down the block from churches Haha.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sexxy...! Witt the cooler air u should be breaking the 300 mark
Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GEN2 LS
can't wait for the numbers, don't see too many centrifugal setups around here, but there is a reason why:p how much did the block/head/trans from the dealer set you back? if you don't mind me asking.
Me either! i see them on v8's but never on a 4 cylinder. It is to my knowledge that this kit is discontinued. This motor cost me my arm and both my legs.. I build these motors when i have time but haven't built one since this one. I was going to do a full sleeved block 84mm, with rods coated ect same with the head, i had a few shops that were going to build the head for me, I was real close to using a Full race redline head from JG but after my inspections and research i wasn't happy with the head, don't get me wrong the heads port was nice but i got it for free from a trade for a new D series JRSC i had that i didn't need and after some research i didn't hear much good things, Any way i decided to ditch he whole idea of having a gsr head and block done i sold the head and closed the idea of building a head and just bought everything new from the dealer all Type R of course. The money i was going to give these shops to build the head and block was not to far from what i paid for the new Type R motor. The 3 main reasons i did this on this motor was,A this motor was for me , 2 because i was tired of the motor i would get then assemble them and they burn oil not to soon after break in and dyno,So this time i said to my self i don't want a motor that's gonna burn oil especially a boosted one so the only other person to build me a near perfect motor was Honda which wont happen! but! you can get a new motor from Honda in pieces that is, and 3 cause it cost almost the same.
ITR head $1,600, another reason why i chose the new head is that it also has a slight port job from the factory.
ITR block $2,500, This comes fully assembled pistons to oil pan!!
ITR Trans,$1,300, I chose a new trans because iv had alot of difrent trans and some had grinding issues and the last gsr trans i had from M factory had a notorious 5th gear grind that i could not get rid of after 2 times taking it apart by a tech. This trans was gsr trans with quaife LSD m factory's first and second gears and 4.9 final drive. I was done with toying with them so i sold it and settled for a brand new ITR trans and its just sweet like butter. I had my friend assemble the head at his machine shop and i assembled the rest of the motor with ARP head studs and AEM cam gears. I guess after the head gasket kit and valve cover and ARP studs, on just the motor i think im at $4,700+.

Originally Posted by methodz55
in for this nice set up i wonder how much power u can make off one of these
I have no clue iv seen a civic w a b16 make 300+whp so idk. im confident this will hit 300 with 12psi so ill see. Iv heard i can make upwards to 450whp.

Originally Posted by MR.johnson
New block and head? You ball hard sir.
Thank you! Ball til i fall!

Originally Posted by 95civich2b
Sexxy...! Witt the cooler air u should be breaking the 300 mark
Thanks! i hope so, i hear this kit makes power in the higher rpm range so ill see, With the mods i have it should be breaking 300 with 12psi, i think this pulley is at 5-6psi so im expecting it to be low and plan to return with 12psi and a 70mm T.B and a custom Tri Y header, i should of never sold my Buddy club header!!!!

Originally Posted by h22-eg-hatch
More pics please. I wanna see the way it was mounted.
Curious to see...
Hit me up if u Dyno. I wanna see

I live down the block from churches Haha.
Cruze by this Sat around 1.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been toying with the idea of this charger on a time-attack b16 crx with ITB's

would make for an ideal torquecurve, power up to/over 10+k and great throttle respons
Old 06-01-2011, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW. Pull that filter off before the center piece falls off and gets sucked into the charger. Seen it happen.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MR.johnson
BTW. Pull that filter off before the center piece falls off and gets sucked into the charger. Seen it happen.
Really!!! ow ****! how does that happen? have you seen a spectre filter on a pro charger blower do that? these filters break apart eventually?? If i take it off it will expose the blades and i fear it will suck something in and destroy the blades and also send something possibly into the motor. I guess i should fabricate another filter and arm like the kit originally designed it.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe he means get something that doesn't have that center piece on it. Possibly a turbo filter (looks like a mushrooms, slips my mind as to the name)

Setup looks awesome. You wouldn't really guess its F/I just looking at the bay
Old 06-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boarding2008
I believe he means get something that doesn't have that center piece on it. Possibly a turbo filter (looks like a mushrooms, slips my mind as to the name)

Setup looks awesome. You wouldn't really guess its F/I just looking at the bay
Ok got ya!

yea i was also thinking i could use a cold air intake and eliminate the bov or relocate it so its hidden and it would look like a n.a motor!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone ever have this kit?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wolve
i have been toying with the idea of this charger on a time-attack b16 crx with ITB's

would make for an ideal torquecurve, power up to/over 10+k and great throttle respons
I'm guessing you will have a custom cap or manifold for the ITB'S so you can connect the intake arm, That wouldn't be a bad idea at all!, iv seen custom caps on ITB setup,s that would be a killer combo!..But in my case i have to be visually street legal for now thats why i went with the new SK2 manifold.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great news! just back from churches and got the motor tuned, Im very pleased! i was guessing i would be around 230+hp but to my surprise the motor hit 275hp and 191 lbft @ 7 psi! The motor is a rocket! takes a lil while to hit 7psi but i seem to get it at 5-6psi but its flying before you know it! i wanna say its way more raw and effecient than the last setup on this motor which was a custom JRSC kit which i hit 285hp and 203 lbft!, this was the same motor but with a buddy club tri y header and 70mm tb and a JRSC kit w/race version LHT manifold setup which was water cooled with a intercooler boosting 12psi, and that kit cost me almost $2,800 and $3,500 for the JRSC brand new!. It still had lots of heat soak even with the LHT kit and power would be still lost eventually cause the manifold gets so hot. This setup is making 10 hp less at only 7psi! which is great! cause at 12psi id be over 300hp! not to mention my header is smashed and ill be retuning with a 70mm tb and tri y header with 12psi. I had a high comp. gsr motor built to ITR specs with a stock JRSC with 6psi and hit only 230hp so i wanna say the pro charger kit makes allot more hp at least up top, the jrsc does give a bit more low end torque you can see on the dyno graphs but really i cant really tell, once you give it full throttle and get into vtec it flys! Another great thing is the pro charger is so efficient! the blower was not even warm! just cold metal! that means i get no heat soak in the air flow! the air stays pretty much cool all the time. the sk2 manifold thanks to the hondata gasket was very warm not even hot to the touch once a lil water was sprayed on the manifold, unlike the LHT manifold it was hot after the initial dyno pulls.

here's a pic of the jrsc motor @6psi that made 230hp,

heres a pic of the last setup i had on this motor that made 285hp,

heres another of the current setup with same motor and cams @7psi that just made 275hp,

Old 06-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great numbers for 7psi Just remember about that blower when the rainy season comes around
Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great numbers!

Local guy had a complete B16A2 that he procharged, put down 303whp. It was a few years ago so I can't remember the actual boost level but I think it was 15? I got a ride in the car, hooooly cow. Thing just kept pulling and pulling, nothing at all like my turbo car.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive always thought this kit or the vortech would be much better for track cars since they dont heat soak like a jr
Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Post the dyno sheet.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
great numbers for 7psi Just remember about that blower when the rainy season comes around
Thanks! You know i never really thaught about that!! Thats gonna suck! I guess i can pull over but that sucks or i guess i can keep a spare intake or my oem intake and swap it dep on how rainy it is but the blower will still get wet i wonder if it will get damaged. Or if i rout the filter towards the front bumper like the kit originally is i dont think the water will get sucked into the blower, right now theres just a filter over the blower inlet.

Originally Posted by SovXietday
Great numbers!

Local guy had a complete B16A2 that he procharged, put down 303whp. It was a few years ago so I can't remember the actual boost level but I think it was 15? I got a ride in the car, hooooly cow. Thing just kept pulling and pulling, nothing at all like my turbo car.
Nice, yes that's the way i can only describe it, it just pulls and pulls very fast to red line!,2nd gear feels nutts! i swear it scares me lol it really feels like the front end is lifting i swear! i get that sensation! it feels like a tug boat is yanking me right when vtec comes in! its awesome! Churches had only one other setup on a built b series that boosted 15-16psi and put down 450hp! they said at 12psi id be way over 300hp and 16 around 4-450hp! now that's impressive for this lil blower! and unlike a turbo this thing stays cold not red hot like turbo manifolds and snails. I wont push the motor past 300 cause its stock but future plans is to drop a sleeved block and ported head and boost that 15psi and really have fun! by then this car will be a monster too much for the street i think, plus 300hp is right about the good hp for a street car like mine, i just need some good all around sticky street tires next!
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-06-2011, 03:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

man thats a cool setup. i rode in a procharged car a few years ago, its def fun!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you dont like the vortech kits?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VRD^don
you dont like the vortech kits?
I never had one and they look too complicated to install! theres so many little things with that kit it looks scary to install lol but maybe one day ill try one..

Ill post a pic of the dyno sheet when i get to my other comp.
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you ever make it out to a drag strip? I'd be curious what the times were on the two setups.

With vortec setups I've seen the JRSC will outrun it with a 50-75 peak hp disadvantage. In a top speed run though the vortec would be the winner.

I suspect the ATI will be similar. However with the ability to do 16psi I also suspect you'll make more like 100+peak hp over the JRSC.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Veris
Did you ever make it out to a drag strip? I'd be curious what the times were on the two setups.

With vortec setups I've seen the JRSC will outrun it with a 50-75 peak hp disadvantage. In a top speed run though the vortec would be the winner.

I suspect the ATI will be similar. However with the ability to do 16psi I also suspect you'll make more like 100+peak hp over the JRSC.
I never took either to the drag strip, not sue if ill ever take this setup but if the local 8th mile at the stadium is happening i might head over.

Yea its the low end from the JRSC that gives them the lead! once into the higher power band the vortec will dominate it. I don't think the ati would do that bad in fact from 1st-3rd gear i think i will outrun a jrsc from start compared to my jrscd gsr @6psi, it revs just as fast but power is really felt later after vtec. i hit the freeway from 2nd gear and holly cow the car revved to redline so fast! 2nd gear is awesome it just feels like your flying lol when i was done in 5th i tried to shift cause i thought i had a 6th gear lol i was like wtf! haha.

Im really thinking about toying with the idea of doing a twin charged setup with this! using a JRSC i dont think id even need a bypass for the two! since the jrsc will give power early and the pro charger can take over right where the jrsc falls off, pared together with 5psi from the jrsc id think it would be a killer setup. I could be dead wrong but i dont see why it wouldnt work once tuned. Veris what do you think? at 3000rpm the LHT jrsc setup was making around 100hp and 172 lbs tq and at 3000rpm with the pro charger set up its making around 125 lbs tq and 70hp.

Although of course ill add more boost before i decide to toy with that idea but i wonder if it would work.. it would make for a interesting power band.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone with a ATI Pro charger on a b series?? chime in!!