Notices

74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (video) "closed course" ;)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (video) "closed course" ;)

The Supra in the video I have personally seen destroy 600cc and 1000cc bikes. Our M3 made 670 whp maxing out the PT6776RS. Chris had it turned down today...but none the less...pretty effin amazing!

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8are4OVjE1A

Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (Eric@HorsepowerFreaks)

YOUTUBE

my work blocks all sheit from that site. Fuking sucks.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOUTUBE

my work blocks all sheit from that site. Fuking sucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>+1

LOL
Old 01-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN very nice vid... the turbo m3 is very underestimating... I would love to have a turbo m3...
Old 01-02-2007, 08:18 AM

nice vid and m3, but why is that supra only making 670rwhp? with the amount of work done to it and the size of the turbo it should be making WELL over that @25psi.

and the bikes the supra beat...was that from a standstill? 70mph roll doesnt seem to benifit the TH400 auto that well. I dont think a video with the supra vs m3 from a dig would help sell m3 turbo kits though
Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (gritsak)

nice vids, that's a damn quick m3! so your turbo kit is completely bolt-on? the others I've seen come with lower compression pistons, etc. got more details on te setup?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (cheehee)

the supra makes 670 to the wheels.... but its always in boost...and never looses momentum. its sick.

M3 setup has a tubular 6-1 merge collector header, PT6776RS turbo, tial 44mm gate, tial 50mm gate, custom HPF intake manifold, 3" ic piping, HUGE 4" thick IC, HPF ECU/piggyback whatchamacallit. HPF 6 puck fermaic clutch, and inline walbro
Old 01-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post some pictures of the M3 turbo kit.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dammit, it just sits there and loads all day I wanna see this!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (Justin Olson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Justin Olson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Post some pictures of the M3 turbo kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No real like...kit pictures. Like our supra kits. Im sure we'll have "kit pic" here soon.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.co...F_750

thats about the only pics I have

Old 01-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wondering, on your closed course, ummm why is homeboy wearing a ski mask? I guess robbing banks is a good way to finance a bmw project?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (abnaasefmb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just wondering, on your closed course, ummm why is homeboy wearing a ski mask? I guess robbing banks is a good way to finance a bmw project? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Here in Florida we stick strictly to home invasions. M3 rides out
Old 01-02-2007, 01:51 PM
KOBE IS GOD

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (alpha)

16000 Dollars my car is not even worth that much x464646463198719
Old 01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (KB24)

I know for a fact that you could piece together that turbo kit for half the price, may $7000 all brand new. Plus was'nt this vid in another thread from yesterday? I know EMS for a M3 should'nt cost that much, damn what and idot pays $16k for a kit that's worth $8k at most? **** i've heard of making money/profit, but I don't like robbing people blind, and that's what that kit is doing.......
Old 01-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (Mugencrxsir1)

lets see you get full control of VANOS, engine timing, fuel, traction control....EVERYTHING. And not throw ANY codes. And get it to drive better than stock.

anyone? anyone? Yeah...didn't think so.

We hired AEM's top dog EFI Engineer JUST for this car. Took about 6 months in development.... and we bough the E46 M3. So if you account for the car payment and the engineer we had to hire to make it possible. You'd think differently.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I understand EMS is the expensive part, and development was expensive for you, I know anyone could piece together all of the parts except the EMS for less then $8k. I understand you would like to make some money for the development, but damn that's still a lot of money for just a kit. I didn't say you guys didn't do a great job with the M3's turbo kit, but I'm just debating the price. You guys did do an awesome job, and i applaud you...........
Old 01-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Princess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I understand EMS is the expensive part, and development was expensive for you, I know anyone could piece together all of the parts except the EMS for less then $8k. I understand you would like to make some money for the development, but damn that's still a lot of money for just a kit. I didn't say you guys didn't do a great job with the M3's turbo kit, but I'm just debating the price. You guys did do an awesome job, and i applaud you...........</TD></TR></TABLE>

then applaud it...if you dont like the price, dont buy it. Debating pricing and such is better left to PM IMO...Nice car, I'm certainly impressed with the quality of the kit and the performance of the car on low boost numbers!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So is this using AEM or factory engine management thats been modified.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric@HorsepowerFreaks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets see you get full control of VANOS, engine timing, fuel, traction control....EVERYTHING. And not throw ANY codes. And get it to drive better than stock.

anyone? anyone? Yeah...didn't think so.

We hired AEM's top dog EFI Engineer JUST for this car. Took about 6 months in development.... and we bough the E46 M3. So if you account for the car payment and the engineer we had to hire to make it possible. You'd think differently. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know for a fact that you could piece together that turbo kit for half the price, may $7000 all brand new.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most guys who can afford an E46 M3 can buy this turbo kit in cash. Don't worry about the pricing unless you have this car, and are looking for a turbo kit.

If you think these prices are insane, check out just an exhaust system for Ferrari or Lamborghinis.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (Justin Olson)

I agree, you guys did a superior job with the kit, and I too would like to know what type of EMS is being used..........<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Justin Olson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So is this using AEM or factory engine management thats been modified.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Finest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most guys who can afford an E46 M3 can buy this turbo kit in cash. Don't worry about the pricing unless you have this car, and are looking for a turbo kit.

If you think these prices are insane, check out just an exhaust system for Ferrari or Lamborghinis. </TD></TR></TABLE>

In california, every punk and their mom has an E46 M3, I even see 16-18 year old girls driving these things around with custom plates so I know its theirs. So no, M3 doesnt put you in the "ridiculouly rich" category where you can drop 16k cash on just a kit

also Ferrari's and Lambo's dont compare with M3's ... when your paying 250k + for a car, you dont need to buy an exhaust for it

The price makes sense because the kits for a BMW, but I doubt most people who drive this car will be able to afford it.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Princess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (SiR99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also Ferrari's and Lambo's dont compare with M3's ... when your paying 250k + for a car, you dont need to buy an exhaust for it</TD></TR></TABLE>

People sure seem to like to mod their $250k+ cars, they dont "need" to, but they do regardless. First car to mind is the Stage 6 Ford GT TT

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The price makes sense because the kits for a BMW, but I doubt most people who drive this car will be able to afford it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most people like you named, dont want an M3 to haul ***, they buy/lease it for status, so they'll have absolutely ZERO interest in this kit...This kit wasn't designed for them, it was designed for the sports car enthusiast.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (...Lost)

very nice pulls very well.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (...Lost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ...Lost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most people like you named, dont want an M3 to haul ***, they buy/lease it for status, so they'll have absolutely ZERO interest in this kit...This kit wasn't designed for them, it was designed for the sports car enthusiast.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats exactly what I meant
Old 01-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I understand EMS is the expensive part, and development was expensive for you, I know anyone could piece together all of the parts except the EMS for less then $8k. I understand you would like to make some money for the development, but damn that's still a lot of money for just a kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sometimes you can't just piece up parts and expect to get the same type of product yourself... R&D and the people involved is what you are paying for; when it comes to dedicated skills and knowledge, you can't simply put a price tag on it

You are paying for a flawless turbo kit, tested and true, and designed and put together by a team of dedicated people. The parts they choose to use, the management they went with, etc... is what you are paying for. Can you put a price to Chip Foose's project cars for example? I am sure a few pounds of bondo costs a few hundred dollars, some weld, welding gas, some paint, some wheels, bah, Foose is ripping people off for charging them over $80000 for a custom T-bird.

Although I agree the price tag is way out of there for us Honda folks, but man, have you see these m3 guys slap on a set of HRE wheels that already cost more than the turbo kit already? Or a full ACS bodykit? These m3 guys expect top notch quality with no exceptions, and the price is probably a bargain for them

Quick Reply: 74mm Supra vs. HPF M3 vs. Stock M3 (video) "closed course" ;)