Notices

400whp lsvtec problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400whp lsvtec problems

Well, i have been having some problems with the ever since I got it home from tunning.
The car ran on they dyno all day and didn't heat up. I then drove the car home (2 hours of highway driving) and it started to heat when I was almost home. I checked my coolant on the side of the road and the over flow tank was full. So I waited for a while for it to cool down and dumped whatever was in my over flow tank back into the rad along with some water to fill it up the rest of the way. I drove for about another half hour and it heated again. So I again waited for it to cool down and filled it back up with water to get me home. It was raining the whole way so it was hard to see if the car was smoking white. It looked to me like it was. The car was idling really high too (like 3grand). So the next day I took the head off, got it plained just a little bit to make sure it was straight, and put a new head gasket in it. I then drove it for 4 or 5 hours, working normal again, and it didn't heat but i noticed that my overflow tank is getting filled up again. It might just be air locked, or a shitty rad cap, I'm not really sure yet because I didn't have time to look at it lately. BUT, the car seems to be smoking still. Its like a really light blue color (almost white but i don't think its coolant). the compression is good in the engine. Before the car was tunned, it would smoke blue after about a minuet of driving on a cold start, then clear right out after it was fully warmed up and not smoke at all. now it still smokes after about a minuet of driving but it doesn't fully stop. It continues to smoke a really light blue. I'm kinda wondering if my turbo seals are bad. I am running a -4 oil line to the turbo with no resrtictor. I ordered a restrictor but it didn't come in yet.
Does anyone have any thoughts? lol

a little about my setup.
-stock gsr head
-built b18b block (stock sleeves)
-golden eagle lsvtec kit
-arp head studs
-cometic head gasket
-garrett 60-1 turbo
-running 18psi 400whp/291wtq
Old 06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts