Notices

1991 civic EX 5spd

Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1991 civic EX 5spd

1991 civic EX 5spd $2200 not that this is what I would like to do. this sedan has been an absolute pleasure to own and run for the years i have had it. I purchased this in june of 2005 from the original owner. when i found it the vehicle had been run down and seemed like his dog was living in it part time. dog hair was plastered into just about everything. regardless of its smell it was a straight vehicle, 5spd with a d16a6 running a pm6 a perfect fit for my freshly hydroplaned into a wall and totally wrecked 91 si hatchback's interior and anything else good I could take from it. away went all the dog smelling interior in with all the si components. I did leave everything in EX stock running condition. power windows, locks, steering, cruise control all the treats from the EX trim level. The ac is a complete system which is still R12. I had not converted it to R134 and it is not charged. I imagine it does still work just finding anyone to charge with R12 replacement is impossible it seems. Shortly after having this vehicle at home I had the engine freshened up, all seals and gaskets, valve adjustment, water pump and timing belt, exedy clutch and fly wheel, new brakes and rotors. everything was kept respectfully stock except the clutch which is quite nice with that extra grab and light flywheel. everything was kept up in this spirit the whole time i have owned it, **** doesnt sit broken here. stock height, never blew out the suspension for stance, kept it stock. original paint , the hood, roof and trunk tops are all faded and clear coat is mostly gone it seemed like the original owner had some type of heavy cleaning going on with like a brillo pad or something i could never figure it out. no rust in any of the wheel wells. this car has spent its whole life in miami. no salty roads. there is a couple places in the windshield area and back window area of rust nothing out of control, couple spots though. I believe I bought the car with 136000 miles on it is has 199000 on it now. this is original miles on the original engine. it could easily go well into the 200s without doing a thing to it. I drive the car long distances all the time. It will make it anywhere you want to go. I had always been a junky for the hatchback and never focused on this sedan as my choice. I picked up another hatchback about a year ago and have pretty much dug my own grave with the upkeep and cleaning up of that piece of ****. I now see how amazing this sedan really is. I just wish I would have seen its potential before i went so far down the road of caring for this hatchback. Too many cars and my wife would like me to choose. I cant sell the hatchback at this point. I dont want to choose. $2200 and i guess i have to say goodbye. If you are looking for a unmolested EX.
Attached Images         
Old 10-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1991 civic EX 5spd

bump
for glws
Old 10-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1991 civic EX 5spd

its amazing how much people want for their 20 yr + old vehicle good luck with sale though