Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Turbo aem fic maps... Help!!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Turbo aem fic maps... Help!!

I've been searching everywhere for info on tuning the aem fic with no luck. Just turbo'd my d17 replaced injectors and installed aem fic. I've got the car to start but it's stuck in limp. Does anyone wanna volunteer a map so I can drive it to the tune shop.
If anyone wants to donate a basic tuned map that would be great I'll be posting my tune free for everyone after so any help would be appreciated.

D17a2
Turbo 6psi
No Intercooler
550 rc injectors
Aem fic
Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo aem fic maps... Help!!

Call someone with a rollback. I know it would be sweet (i feel your pain) to just drive it there but its not worth it to risk it. You can drive it after the shop dyno and tune is complete. This is a very important part of finishing your build.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Oahugrown808
I've been searching everywhere for info on tuning the aem fic with no luck. Just turbo'd my d17 replaced injectors and installed aem fic. I've got the car to start but it's stuck in limp. Does anyone wanna volunteer a map so I can drive it to the tune shop.
If anyone wants to donate a basic tuned map that would be great I'll be posting my tune free for everyone after so any help would be appreciated.

D17a2
Turbo 6psi
No Intercooler
550 rc injectors
Aem fic
What settings are on your map now? And how is the install? Pnp harness?
I just installed an fic a few days ago and have it up and running with all working.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For a safe setup to get you there. Make sure you use the clamps on both the O2 sensor and the Map sensor. Also since you have 550 injectors stock around 240 take 50% fuel out. Hopefully that will get you close. Take 1 degree of timing out for every pound of boost. That should at least get you running. Just don't boost it.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rtype16
For a safe setup to get you there. Make sure you use the clamps on both the O2 sensor and the Map sensor. Also since you have 550 injectors stock around 240 take 50% fuel out. Hopefully that will get you close. Take 1 degree of timing out for every pound of boost. That should at least get you running. Just don't boost it.
Yea that should work.

Just got into ignition map and right click create base map. take out 1deg pre lb or boost.

Then go into the fuel map and right click create base map. enter old injector size and then new size.

Then on o2 idk i have gotten it working to well for me but i just put it on percent and took out "-50" in all boost cells.

Also the MAp sensor should be clamped at around 2.83v - 2.85v
Best way to find out is to hook the fic up and turn the key.
Then click view gauges. It will say maf in / maf out. Where ever that number is take off a .01v and put it into the map/maf clamp volt box.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I had a rod bearing starting to knock and blew the seems open on intake manifold(because awful tune i tried setting) replaced it. since then I installed a lc-1 wideband and changed to ngk#7-11 spark plugs one range colder. I tweaked the settings it's pretty close to recommended fuel at -56% but the maf clamping and o2 just doesn't seem to work it throws cels I get all kinds of crazy stuff. Bank 1 sensor 1 low baro voltage. Misfire codes random multiple and per cylinder. If I take the aem out it runs normal but with the aem fic it misfires I'm stumped I even removed all wires except the injectors I drove it to my garage that I work on it at it drove decent but idles terrible it misfires at idle but not while driving making me more confused. After parking it I reconnected original o2 wire and took out aem o2 wire and it won't start. Ive just about had it with this thing..
I've tuned my old lancer with the piggy back from road race motorsports and never had any problem this things pissing me off. Any suggestions I'm gonna pull it this week to double check that it still runs ok stock
Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh and if someone can send the wiring diagram for the aem fic for my 01 civic that would be awesome cuz I took it to the tuner shop here and there was a discrepancy in wiring I got wiring diagram off this site it says to use the hall type crank pos sensor and cam sensor but the shop said that there car computer software diagram shows that 01 civic ex has a mag sensor. Any input or help on this would help
Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh and if someone can send the wiring diagram for the aem fic for my 01 civic that would be awesome cuz I took it to the tuner shop here and there was a discrepancy in wiring I got wiring diagram off this site it says to use the hall type crank pos sensor and cam sensor but the shop said that there car computer software diagram shows that 01 civic ex has a mag sensor. Any input or help on this would help
Ill post it n the moring its like 4am here right now.
But i got my fic up n running with 410cc rdx injectors. Its a 98 civic tho, but i got diagrams for all.. And most maps need to be n precent mode. If you could post a screen shot of your map or the
.fi6 map itself ill look at it and try to help you out.

You have a wideband o2 for tuning right? And obd2 scanner?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Install diagram
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...FIC-Wiring.jpg

The injector lag time should be 500 -510us

Go into the option and put all maps to run off of percent.
Then go into the ignition map and retard 1deg pre lb of boost.
Then go into the fuel map and right click. Create base map. Enter old injector size, then enter new injector size, red line rpm, and max boost.

Clear the cel with an obd2 scanner.
Put o2 map to percent and 0 it out.
Start the car and let it idle.
Get the obd2 scanner and find the short trim fuel.
Then on the fic fuel map go to where the car is idling. (the green block)
What your going to want to do is highlight 9 blocks. (the 1 on the left and right of the green block, then the 3 on top and bottom.)

While the car is idling your can press ctrl+up or ctrl+d to incase or decase fuel. -40 is more fuel then -50

What your going to want to do right here and adjust the fuel untill your short fuel trim is -10 or under. Watch the wideband gauge and make sure its not running super lean. Give it about 10sec between adjustments.

Once your fuel trims are good -11 and below (-9). Then your idle and short term fuel trims should be good.

Go for a short no boost drive to make sure it doesnt stall at idle. Also make sure your running the aem fic firmware z107 as on my car z110 cause stalling and problems with take offs.

On the maf clamp i hear that it is a 3.85v and that the BOV really needs to be recirced.
Other then that to find out the clamping volts you will have to disable the wastegate. remove the spring and then do a 3rd gear pull and log the volt of the maf. Input the highest maf voltage you see into the clamping option in the settings.

Now for the o2 map i havent truly got it fixed but from what i know is that you can input - percent in all boost cells. I would start will -20 then do some test pulls and check afr.

Well i think that should answer all your question if you need more help let me know.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update as of 4/2/12 so my seetings in the fic were pretty close to suggested ones I have had all o2 maps and maf set to percent my injector latency was 486. I was mis firing still badly at idle. It shook so bad it tore my right motor mount so that's gotta be replaced now.. I'm tapped for cash currently .as of right now I gotta replace the intake manifold cuz its still leaking repairing it didn't work .
I pulled the fic and injectors last night and swapped in the stock stuff it runs smooth no cels .im gonna ik the diagram u sent this weekend and I never updated the aem fic software so I don't know what version I'm running maybe that's my problem. My tuners still waiting for me to drop off the car haha I've pushed the date 3 times already when I tune it I'll be sure to post it for everyone on here. if we all shared data our stuff wouldn't be so expensive. But any other suggestion would be great...thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh I just looked at the diagram and that's the one I had for some reason It doesn't give me a crank signal tdc. The cam worked and I get rpm but no crank. I asked my tune shop to pull up the schematic and 01 civics have mag crank sensor the diagram says to use the Hall sensor wires isn't that wrong
Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh I just looked at the diagram and that's the one I had for some reason It doesn't give me a crank signal tdc. The cam worked and I get rpm but no crank. I asked my tune shop to pull up the schematic and 01 civics have mag crank sensor the diagram says to use the Hall sensor wires isn't that wrong
Not sure. My 98 has mag senor so i use that. Also using the fic 30-1911 the one for hondas.
Ill post my setup and tune later. Its street tune by me but runs good and is 12:1 in boost.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Raja dat much mahalos Hawaiian well let me know how u wired yours I got the same model fic . If your map works out decent I can have the shop dyno it instead of charging me for a base and tweak it out to max for my setup which is probly pretty close to yours I'm only pushing 10 psi with 550 rc injectors. But before I can do jack s#!+ I gotta replace my manifold cuz all the seems on it split open at 2 psi must be because no Intercooler yet haha so im stuck till it gets here I can't tune crap till I replace it my emails charlescaulk@gmail.com keep me posted
Old 04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Raja dat much mahalos Hawaiian well let me know how u wired yours I got the same model fic . If your map works out decent I can have the shop dyno it instead of charging me for a base and tweak it out to max for my setup which is probly pretty close to yours I'm only pushing 10 psi with 550 rc injectors. But before I can do jack s#!+ I gotta replace my manifold cuz all the seems on it split open at 2 psi must be because no Intercooler yet haha so im stuck till it gets here I can't tune crap till I replace it my emails charlescaulk@gmail.com keep me posted
I emailed you my map.
Its my 98 civic, d16y8, 410cc rdx injectors, with an sr20 t25 turbo. It boosts and idle.
The only problem i have is its a little be lean after 5k while in boost but i have to turn up the fuel in that area.

I havent gotten the chance to tho since i have to redo my downpipe. Hit a pop hole and messed it up.

But hopfully it can give you an idea of how a map should look.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: Turbo aem fic maps... Help!!

Originally Posted by xile6
Install diagram
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...FIC-Wiring.jpg

The injector lag time should be 500 -510us

Go into the option and put all maps to run off of percent.
Then go into the ignition map and retard 1deg pre lb of boost.
Then go into the fuel map and right click. Create base map. Enter old injector size, then enter new injector size, red line rpm, and max boost.

Clear the cel with an obd2 scanner.
Put o2 map to percent and 0 it out.
Start the car and let it idle.
Get the obd2 scanner and find the short trim fuel.
Then on the fic fuel map go to where the car is idling. (the green block)
What your going to want to do is highlight 9 blocks. (the 1 on the left and right of the green block, then the 3 on top and bottom.)

While the car is idling your can press ctrl+up or ctrl+d to incase or decase fuel. -40 is more fuel then -50

What your going to want to do right here and adjust the fuel untill your short fuel trim is -10 or under. Watch the wideband gauge and make sure its not running super lean. Give it about 10sec between adjustments.

Once your fuel trims are good -11 and below (-9). Then your idle and short term fuel trims should be good.

Go for a short no boost drive to make sure it doesnt stall at idle. Also make sure your running the aem fic firmware z107 as on my car z110 cause stalling and problems with take offs.

On the maf clamp i hear that it is a 3.85v and that the BOV really needs to be recirced.
Other then that to find out the clamping volts you will have to disable the wastegate. remove the spring and then do a 3rd gear pull and log the volt of the maf. Input the highest maf voltage you see into the clamping option in the settings.

Now for the o2 map i havent truly got it fixed but from what i know is that you can input - percent in all boost cells. I would start will -20 then do some test pulls and check afr.

Well i think that should answer all your question if you need more help let me know.

erick17w
Hi friend
I have an AEM live in Costa Rica and very few know how to program the FIC, is there any chance that I instruct them or facilites me a map to have a basis to start, I have a 98 honda civic vtec D16Y8 engine has eagle rods, pistons viatara, block guard , acl race bearings, ARP bolts, Aeromotive fuel pump, 510cc high impedance injectors, fuel pressure regulator, AEM UEGO wideband, aluminum radiator, muffle 3 "and a Godspeed turbo kit t3t4 57ar.

I appreciate a help with my project.
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/...psb6948330.jpg
Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by erick17w
erick17w
Hi friend
I have an AEM live in Costa Rica and very few know how to program the FIC, is there any chance that I instruct them or facilites me a map to have a basis to start, I have a 98 honda civic vtec D16Y8 engine has eagle rods, pistons viatara, block guard , acl race bearings, ARP bolts, Aeromotive fuel pump, 510cc high impedance injectors, fuel pressure regulator, AEM UEGO wideband, aluminum radiator, muffle 3 "and a Godspeed turbo kit t3t4 57ar.

I appreciate a help with my project.
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/...psb6948330.jpg
Idk if I can make one or not. There pretty easy to do if you have a wideband gauge.

I did tune my own car tho and it runs great.
I can try to make a map for you but you would have to keep a close eye on the wideband to make sure it's not too rich or lean.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Trial User

[Hi,
Friend thanks for the prompt reply I would greatly appreciate the map attachment is easy to get to know the parameters start carrying a map and modify them with the AEM wideband sensor.
Thanks my email is erick17w@hotmail.com
Old 02-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

"that's a terrible idea"
Old 02-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I emailed the map to you.

press crtl d on your keyboard to lower the fuel
press crtl u to up the fuel.

The map should be rich but please be careful and watch your wideband gauge very closely.

When in boost if the AFR go above 11.8 then back off the gas.
go to that psi on the program and up the fuel a few times.

If the AFR shows 10s then down the fuel 2times at a time until you get close to 11:1.
Then from there you will down the fuel 1 at a time.

@accorse07

tuning via internet is bad but the map i gave him should be very rich and give him an idea of what he needto do inorder to tune it.
Most people dont understand how the fic values works.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xile6
Most people dont understand how the fic values works.
Agreed...giving him a map to work off of is just like teaching him how to load the base map.
I wish the OP luck...and some patience. My quote should have been a meme post of Barkley.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: Turbo aem fic maps... Help!!

Hi
Friend, what we fail to understand the connection still is on wideband UEGO to FIC I have to leave off the narrow band sensor and connect the wideband 021 + point and the blue wire my wideband aux point to be displayed on the screen and is connected at the moment but I'm with check engine and I also fluctuates widely wideband reading on screen I program to calibrate in this program?
Another issue I'm working with the stock injectors are 190cc if I remember correctly and 255phl Aeromotive pump with regulator, I have not yet doubts mounting procedures for startup are a dense high impendacia 550cc which response time would I have to use for these injectors, injector attached dense detail 1955001370 5.12 ohms 550cc @ 3 bar.
Thanks, friend agradesco much your help to achieve further progress with my project.