Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Running b series on kpro........

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Running b series on kpro........

sorry guys hadn't moved on.. its still going lol... still working on the car to get ready to put the motor in.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Soooooooo all the work I put in to this and just decided to get rywires cam/crank trigger kit and run it on aem infinity...

and cut timing cover to fit

Old 02-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Was looking forward to the finish product.
But whatever works best for you.
Still looks good.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bspeed
Wow, this could be a game changer for the California crowd if I am seeing what I think I am seeing. Working obd2 port + engine management. SUB(MF'ING)SCRIBED!
Since this thread is now "dead" (too bad) I'd like to say I'm working on an obd2 port for obd1 ecus, I created a thread about it.

Has nothing to do with COP or anything but hey.

OP, might be interested in taking what you have left over to experiment this myself one day if you're up for it otherwise the information is here either way thanks.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, really was looking forward to seeing this in action.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still in for the development of running COP without a distributor and stand alone. Lets look at the sensors used in a distributor all ran off the cam which spins half the speed of the crank (important to remember)...

TDC: Top dead center (1 trigger per revolution) used to just sync the firing order.
CKP: Crankshaft position (24 triggers per revolution on cam, 12 triggers per revolution on the crank) OBD2 B series have the crank version on the oil pump too.
CYP: Cylinder position (4 triggers per revolution) I've personally ran my car with this sensor smashed and knocked out the the distributor with just a CEL on as this sensor is used as a backup if the CKP were to fail.

On F22B's the TDC and CKP is on the oil pump housing for something to think about. Also, if you ran a OBD2 USDM oil pump you could eliminate the the CKP sensor in the distributor as ODB1 (Hondata) registers just one of them. The CYP like I said I have ran without with nothing more than a CEL after the rotor screw coming loose in the distributor at 9,000 RPM and blowing the whole sensor out the the side of the cap along with the rotor, went Hondata CPR after that. That leaves us with a mysterious TDC sensor and to properly do which the ECU won't read the hall effect sensors like the T1 trigger or Rywire kit. The plus side of this is that the TDC sensor is the very first sensor off the cam in the distributor. Options to either create a custom and very small housing for just the one sensor, or modify the head and cam to contain a sensor like the 2JZ. To me the real key is to adapt the Accord or F22B sensor bundle onto the B series and wire it in place. I've done my homework, I'm just too busy at the moment to tear apart and test stuff on my car.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FlewByU352
Still in for the development of running COP without a distributor and stand alone. Lets look at the sensors used in a distributor all ran off the cam which spins half the speed of the crank (important to remember)...

TDC: Top dead center (1 trigger per revolution) used to just sync the firing order.
CKP: Crankshaft position (24 triggers per revolution on cam, 12 triggers per revolution on the crank) OBD2 B series have the crank version on the oil pump too.
CYP: Cylinder position (4 triggers per revolution) I've personally ran my car with this sensor smashed and knocked out the the distributor with just a CEL on as this sensor is used as a backup if the CKP were to fail.

On F22B's the TDC and CKP is on the oil pump housing for something to think about. Also, if you ran a OBD2 USDM oil pump you could eliminate the the CKP sensor in the distributor as ODB1 (Hondata) registers just one of them. The CYP like I said I have ran without with nothing more than a CEL after the rotor screw coming loose in the distributor at 9,000 RPM and blowing the whole sensor out the the side of the cap along with the rotor, went Hondata CPR after that. That leaves us with a mysterious TDC sensor and to properly do which the ECU won't read the hall effect sensors like the T1 trigger or Rywire kit. The plus side of this is that the TDC sensor is the very first sensor off the cam in the distributor. Options to either create a custom and very small housing for just the one sensor, or modify the head and cam to contain a sensor like the 2JZ. To me the real key is to adapt the Accord or F22B sensor bundle onto the B series and wire it in place. I've done my homework, I'm just too busy at the moment to tear apart and test stuff on my car.
I think there's a thread on here with someone doing cop with an arduino.

I'd be willing to continue the OPs work if he would send me the stuff (or someone else?) Need coils, k ecu and harness and sensors...
Old 07-03-2018, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bringing this back cause i am just wondering why didnt you just use the d17 sensors and crank and cam setup. Would be alot easier to make that work if you found out how hondata modified the cam gear to make it compatible.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

I would guess that because ultimately, you end up with 10x the functionality for nearly the same cost by switching over to the Infinity ecu. Unless you just really want to run and oem ecu for some reason or are looking for a tinker project, it just makes sense.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i plan to do it to a stroked d16 on a aem ems v1 so should be alot easier for me. with that said they want it for emission purposes i believe. The crank gear fits on a bseries and is the same teeth so really would just need to get the cam gear figured out. probably just buy a hondata cam gear and then mod it back to the b series exhaust gear and be done.