Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

eCtune, new tuning software, looks awesome, apparently will kick Crome's ass (discuss!)

Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (boosted k20)

Looks like it will be very competitive with other systems out
Old 04-11-2007, 09:16 AM
KOBE IS GOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (White Smoke)

I want to know if this is going to be cheaper than Crome Pro
Old 04-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Leo`)

With all the features I doubt it. I am anxious to try this system out. I hope it is very competitive. Looks like alot of thought went into the system.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The price should reflect the quality of the program, not the cost of another program. If it is good people will pay for it, just not all.

But this shouldn't be discussed. Just wait for a formal release then all of your questions will be answered.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just wait for a formal release then all of your questions will be answered. </TD></TR></TABLE>

And now a teaser of the EBC functionality....

Old 04-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: (.nate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .nate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And now a teaser of the EBC functionality....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Simply amazing; I can't wait for more updates.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Don't call other people bad names out of anger. It only shows ignorance.

Default Re: (Civic TSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic TSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

is this just closed loop wideband o2? I thought crome had that feature. It all looks really nice!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh wow!

i need this!!

great job guys, glad there is continuing support and further development for the diy guys!!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks great. cant wait to see how well it works... is there or will there be 5 bar map support????
Old 04-11-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: (2CamKilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2CamKilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

is this just closed loop wideband o2? I thought crome had that feature. It all looks really nice!</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it has I missed it.

And yes eCtune support 5bar map, or any maps actually.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Regarding price...
there are going to be 3 different versions available, a DIY, a pro, and a tuner version.
given that the crome pro is "TUNER" like version...i'm sure it'lll be more for that licence...but for the DIY licences where you A) have to buy an ostrich as well and B) can only use it on your car..i'd hope it'd be close to crome pro.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Cigarette Squad

Default Re: (mtnickel)

so would u suggest noobs to get it? or stick with someone else tuning ur car..."read the diy" so im guessing i could do it and not pay a tuner fee for his time?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eCtune is still a gem in the rough, but I am very glad it has not been released yet. Calvin is (very quickly) fixing many of its issues and with the help of all of the testers, working out any bugs. Proper testing saves motors.

So far, I'm really impressed with Calvin's editor. It seems to be like the greatest hits of the OBD1 editors - a statistical datalogging engine as good/better than Crome (i.e. better than Hondata S300 / Neptune), the same accuracy and fine-control over ignition timing and outputs as Neptune (i.e. none of the timing goobering of Crome, super flexible triggers for outputs), injector physics modelling as good/better than Crome (yay for latency, injector battery tables!), as good/better overall GUI as S300 (I'm sorry, but a good UI is critical to a piece of tuning software), unique features (adaptive PWM boost control, wideband closed loop, realtime tracing through advanced ROM parameters such as ECT and IAT trims). Finally, I expect a tuning solution from PGMFI.org will truly be the leading program for tuning OBD1 Hondas, and will not simply be trying to imitate or equal offerings from commercial vendors.

I've only used eCtune on a few cars so far, and I don't think I will be using anything else on Hondas. eCtune is easier to use, more flexible, more accurate, more powerful than anything else out there - AND it will do all this for a considerably lower price tag than the competition.

You may have to wait a few {weeks-months} before eCtune is publicly released, but in my humble opinion it is the best thing that has happened to OBD1 honda ECU tuning in a long f*cking time. When it is released, it will have been tested properly and it will be well worth the wait.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 AM

well i had the experience of seeing them in
action and doing there work and its nice
working software. Friends of mine itr and ek9
are going hard..........nice work frank&calvin.

Keep up the good work.
peace
Old 04-12-2007, 01:44 AM
KOBE IS GOD

Default Re: (blundar)

coming from Blundar this has to be good
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Leo`)

it is...
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calvinPGMFI)

I'm trying to finish the manual this week. So you can see and feel ectune.. also guides. A few are up though now.
http://www.ectune.com/eCtune/e....aspx
Old 04-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Mad Scientist

Default Re: (MindEracer)

im in
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mmuller)

Let us know when the bandwagon is ready for hopping on as Im in
Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Would it be able to open the maps made on crome? Example car is tuned on crome take the map made move it to ectune.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calvinPGMFI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by calvinPGMFI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm trying to finish the manual this week. So you can see and feel ectune.. also guides. A few are up though now.
http://www.ectune.com/eCtune/e....aspx </TD></TR></TABLE>

nice...one of the things that bugged me the most with Crome, there was no "real" manual. It was kind of a pain having to search through the pgmfi forums. Still love Crome tho, does the job for me.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Cigarette Squad

Default Re: (See Are X)

this makes me wanna learn to tune
Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: (blundar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blundar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">eCtune is still a gem in the rough, but I am very glad it has not been released yet. Calvin is (very quickly) fixing many of its issues and with the help of all of the testers, working out any bugs. Proper testing saves motors.

So far, I'm really impressed with Calvin's editor. It seems to be like the greatest hits of the OBD1 editors - a statistical datalogging engine as good/better than Crome (i.e. better than Hondata S300 / Neptune), the same accuracy and fine-control over ignition timing and outputs as Neptune (i.e. none of the timing goobering of Crome, super flexible triggers for outputs), injector physics modelling as good/better than Crome (yay for latency, injector battery tables!), as good/better overall GUI as S300 (I'm sorry, but a good UI is critical to a piece of tuning software), unique features (adaptive PWM boost control, wideband closed loop, realtime tracing through advanced ROM parameters such as ECT and IAT trims). Finally, I expect a tuning solution from PGMFI.org will truly be the leading program for tuning OBD1 Hondas, and will not simply be trying to imitate or equal offerings from commercial vendors.

I've only used eCtune on a few cars so far, and I don't think I will be using anything else on Hondas. eCtune is easier to use, more flexible, more accurate, more powerful than anything else out there - AND it will do all this for a considerably lower price tag than the competition.

You may have to wait a few {weeks-months} before eCtune is publicly released, but in my humble opinion it is the best thing that has happened to OBD1 honda ECU tuning in a long f*cking time. When it is released, it will have been tested properly and it will be well worth the wait. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well said Dave.. Couldn't have summed it up better..
Old 04-12-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: (eshlil)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eshlil &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would it be able to open the maps made on crome? Example car is tuned on crome take the map made move it to ectune. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not for the fuel. The code on the ECU is too different.

Modified by Civic TSI at 4:50 PM 4/12/2007
Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civic TSI)

AFAIK, eCtune and Crome use very similar models for injector physics. eCtune adds a few things. I haven't looked at Calvin's code, but I'd imagine that values at least *close* to a Crome FT2, Cromea FT1.x, Neptune or Hondata calibration could be massaged. I've been importing Crome FT2 tunes over with the help of an excel spreadsheet rather sucessfully.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: eCtune, new tuning software, looks awesome, apparently will kick Crome's ass (discuss!)