Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Anybody heard of Rich Tuned?

Old 08-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody heard of Rich Tuned?

I am slowly searching around for a cheap hondata. Every once and awhile you can find a used s-300 for a reasonable price on ebay.
And i found this company

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S300-...ts_Accessories

That seems like a fair price for a tune, especially when there is no core charge on the ECU.

Plus they say they will mod the ECU for Hondata FREE OF CHARGE!!

WHat do you guys think? Anybody used them before?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody heard of Rich Tuned?

Its just a base map. Not a great deal if you ask me. And he installs the hondata if you buy it separatly.

"HONDATA S300 OPTION AVAILABLE

FREE OF CHARGE

READY TO INSTALL YOUR S300

SIMPLE PLUG-N-PLAY

(S300 NOT INCLUDED)"

I would get a base map and get your car tuned asap
Old 08-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know Rich personally. He either works or worked for Fluid Motorsports. He's a great guy as well as a great tuner. Stand up dude. He'll fix what he broke, which is a rarety.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't skimp...cop your ECU at price and take it to a Tuner and get it done right, if the rich guy is stand up, **** with him but STILL get your own ECU, I prefer to cop brand spanking new, that way warranty's and whatever apply and I KNOW it works.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16-CRX
Its just a base map. Not a great deal if you ask me.
I would get a base map and get your car tuned asap
If im not running boost or anything special. Just Intake, Manifold, Throttle Body, Header, Exhaust. Then wouldnt that be good enough?

A base is all i would need. Just tell him what I'm running and he would write a map for it?
Or is there something im missing?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah rich is my homie and he doesnt work at fluid anymore i used to kick it with them alot at the shop but idk if its a good price go for it hes never ****ed me over or any of my friends nothing to worry about
Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So it seems that we have decided that he is a good guy. My question is, is his product worth the dollar figure he is asking? And what type of numbers increase are we talking about?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fo-Do Fanatic
I know Rich personally. He either works or worked for Fluid Motorsports. He's a great guy as well as a great tuner. Stand up dude. He'll fix what he broke, which is a rarety.
not trying to start **** or be a douche but rich is a shitty tuner. He doesnt do what he says and doesnt really work for fluid motorsports but is more along the lines contracted to do the tuning because corey doesnt like to. he has taken alot of money from people around that shop and also doesnt tell corey about it as well.

He was supposed to fully tune my brothers ca18 datsun and make the charge piping in aluminum fully welded and all. after about 2 months of it being down there my brother got tired of it and took it away unfinished. charge pipng ended up getting done by ricky at speedfactory cause rich doesnt have a clue about welding aluminum.

most days when he went down there to check his car rich wouldnt even get there until around noon, and even after that he would work for a little while then find some reason to leave.

in my opinion he is very unprofessional and its unfortunate for corey and the rest of the guys at fluid that they have this guys name and reputation attached to there shop. I have and will for a long time recommend people that need tuning to stay away from rich and until i hear that he isnt at fluid i will tell people not to go there as well.

sorry to be so far off topic but this is my personal experience and this is what happens when someones reputation goes bad. You try to help people out by letting them know not to go with this guy.

my 2 cents
Old 08-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xtremescouts
sorry to be so far off topic but this is my personal experience and this is what happens when someones reputation goes bad. You try to help people out by letting them know not to go with this guy.

my 2 cents
Thanks for the Cents.

1 bad experience wont Ruin a company.
I know whats its like to be in his shoes i guess.
No company is perfect. He couldn't have gotten to where he is today without being Semi-good.
Every company is going to have there problems. For every 1000 Satisfied customers you gonna get 1-10 Not-so-happy people. That's just how business works. Everybody's got different standards and expectations.

But thank you for the heads up!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rich tuned my b20 turbo in 2008, 255whp 198ft-trq. i drive it almost everyday dosent smoke one bit still healthy *** **** gets good gas milege. im pretty sure he was just pocketing money to start his own shop. after i heard pina wasnt paying him alot. but other then that take it to speedfactory.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can vouch for rich, seen many of his tunes and there all nice, working on building my turbo setup so he can tune it.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you need any actual tuning done and you are local you can always come down to our shop and I will take care of you. I can guarantee that we will always have the best pricing and if you can find someone that is unhappy with one of my tunes I would be stunned.

And for the record, Rich no longer works for Fluid Motorsports. I will only say that he didn't fit in with what I have built my shop to stand for and I decided to send him on his way. Things are now back to normal around here.

Corey
Old 12-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man there's allways gona be haters when ur one of best tuners in washington....my single turbo that was street tuned by him lasted for years with no problems...and that shitt ripped just like everything other car I've seen tuned by him..idk u would think that u would more pissed at the guy that owned the shop...not the tuner for the shop..but hey I'm not tryin to talk down about any local shop just tryin to defend(not that he needs it) the good name of rich tuned...and corey no pffense or anything but didn't rich teach u how to tune...? And as far as the ems that's a fair deal and his base maps are great but u can never beat a good tune..
Old 12-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EF ridin 4 Life
..and corey no pffense or anything but didn't rich teach u how to tune...?
Not even close. I have been tuning since long before I had even met Rich and I have been building performance Hondas in particular since 1993!! (Yes, I am that old.) But that being said, I will admit that I did learn from him just as I learn from anyone that I can learn from. I hired Rich on to tune once I purchased my dyno because I have so many other things that need my attention that I felt it would be better for my customers.

I agree with the previous person who said that may you have tons of satisfied customers and only a few that are unhappy but those unhappy ones tend to voice their opinions much louder. Rich absolutely knows how to tune a car and has tuned hundreds of them with no problems!! But I think a better measure of a business is how they handle things when there is a problem and how they treat customers who are unhappy with how things turned out. I think that is where you will hear the most complaints and not about his tuning capabilities.

Corey
Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate when people talk down on someone, then others talk up on then. plain and simple.. sometimes a bad tune will happen, other times an amazing one. It doesn't make the person and crappy tuner, nor an amazing one.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Touching My Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you buy a Hondata S-300 unit to simply run around on a base map? That's just plain retarded.

edit: why the **** did I contribute to a dead thread? I'm plain retarded.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^thats what happens when you start touching your member
Old 01-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Touching My Member

Lol, my member and I are Vatos Locos!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm retarded, too. Not really but hey who is checking? So Richtuned turns out some fat stuff, I find they have great value. As far as this guys question about tune, almost no one gave any advisement to this feller. GET IT DYNO TUNED! A base map is ok to pull it onto the trailer. I had rich, in particular, tune a car for me and from base map to final tune was around a 85 hp gain. It was pretty much a stock engine with a few airflow upgrades. The beauty of the hon data is you can tune it yourself, you just need a racetrack to tune it in! Support your local dynotuner, or come straight on past Olympia and tacoma and up to Auburn Wa, and you can get it tuned for real.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:52 AM

Old thread... ? lol

Last edited by mtber; 04-07-2013 at 09:18 AM.