Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

99 civic Ek coupe rebuild *wiring help*

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 civic Ek coupe rebuild *wiring help*

A little info on the car before i jump right into it, bone stock b20b non v was in the car when inpurchased it, i got into a front end collision, prompting me to fixx the front end damage, so I removed the stull running engine in order to aid my process and now im preparing for the reinstall. Now heres where things get technical.. im throwing my 99 ek coupe back together, and ive run into a question i wanted to ask. Ive completley removed the AC system from my car, but upon reassembley i found the sub wire harness A & B that I assume connects to the computer, i wont be using ac components at all anymore, and here the question(s) lie... do I need this harness anymore? Is there essentially now just one plug for my computer? What computer should i use? Do i need it chipped at all?
If anyone has advice for me please let me know and thank you in advance!
Old 02-11-2017, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 99 civic Ek coupe rebuild *wiring help*

Are you talking about the A & B sub harnesses mentioned on FFS Technet? If you are, you still need the other wires, especially A16 or A15, the fuel pump relay depending on what ECU you're using. The AC harness (that goes into connector "A") won't matter unless you're tuning specifically to compensate for when the AC turns on - which I'm going to assume it won't based on what you're telling me. So just leave the connectors that go into the AC components disconnected and leave connector A connected. If you want to chase things to the very end, the pins in the A connector you're looking for are going to be A17 and A27.